Client 0.3.0.3 released

Tophi

they just released the 0.3.0.3 client files but they havent released the server files for 0.3.0.3...

question: the epoch0303.bikey from client i can take it from the clients to add to the key folder on server side??

It's the same bikey

Officials have 0303 server files, meanwhile servers with players who are losing gear wonder wtf is going on.

90% of Epoch players are getting a bad impression of the mod here, if the fix works then release it instead of

using the "we need to test more on official servers" to be sure line, it's well worn out, especially on such 

a critical error like this. This is not the way to win hearts and minds.

Pushing an Epoch client update to Steam without having server files available to all servers is just bad news.  Make them available via the website via torrent so that folks who want to update and test them can do so.  But any players who have subscribed to Epoch on Steam will automatically be updated and consequently won't be able to play on their favorite servers, which is bad for ALL servers and the mod itself.

Pushing an Epoch client update to Steam without having server files available to all servers is just bad news.  Make them available via the website via torrent so that folks who want to update and test them can do so.  But any players who have subscribed to Epoch on Steam will automatically be updated and consequently won't be able to play on their favorite servers, which is bad for ALL servers and the mod itself.

Surely it's better for EVERYONE when issues with an Arma3 patch and Epoch are fixed without hundreds of server owners having to do multiple updates as issues are fixed?

Unless you and your playerbase prefer you updating your servers multiple times per night, with multiple restarts disrupting thier gameplay further.......

No? thought not ;)

AWOL pushed out the 0.3.0.3 client files prior to the 0.3.0.3 server files to test on a core group of unmodified servers to further test the hotfix before unleashing it to the general populous.,

Now you have the added benefit that all your players who have downloaded or pre-loaded the new version will be ready to play as soon as you have updated your server just one time.

Surely it's better for EVERYONE when issues with an Arma3 patch and Epoch are fixed without hundreds of server owners having to do multiple updates as issues are fixed?

Unless you and your playerbase prefer you updating your servers multiple times per night, with multiple restarts disrupting thier gameplay further.......

No? thought not ;)

AWOL pushed out the 0.3.0.3 client files prior to the 0.3.0.3 server files to test on a core group of unmodified servers to further test the hotfix before unleashing it to the general populous.,

Now you have the added benefit that all your players who have downloaded or pre-loaded the new version will be ready to play as soon as you have updated your server just one time.

Maybe he should provide it to the "testers" and have them install it manually , instead of forcing the rest of us that subsrcibed to wait on them , :rolleyes:

No? thought not ;)

I do get it and it makes sense on some level, but looking at it from a players perspective, players just want to play.  They don't care about the "why" they can't play.  All they know is that they're trying to log on and they can't get into any server at all, let alone their favorite one.  It gives a bad impression to the players and makes it look like server owners and the mod makers don't have our collective "shit together" when a handful of servers are updated and the majority aren't.   I just think there has to be a better way so that players who elect to play and don't care about testing (which is the majority) have that option and aren't forced to do something that is either a) out of their comfort zone, or b) don't give a crap about.    

As soon as it was reported I was working on the fix, and just spent the last several hours testing, prepping, and staging the release of 0.3.0.3.

One hour ago I passed the client files and server files to the official testers. As of 15 minutes ago the server files have been released to the public.

Not sure how I could have done this any better on such short notice. Keep in mind I have had a 1,44 dev test server up and running since the 29th of April and this issue just recently was discovered after the release of 1.44.

Thank you, Awol and team, for all that you do!  Please don't feel that your efforts are not respected and appreciated, because that couldn't be further from the truth!  This update today blind-sided most of us.  I can't speak for everyone, but I had no idea there was an Arma update coming today or that there was even a 1.44 RC out, which is surprising because I'm normally on top of that stuff.  Had we known the update was coming we could have prepared our players a day or two ahead and let them know that there could potentially be some issues, as should be expected anytime there's an Arma update.  

Perhaps you could create a e-mailing list or a news section on the forums only for verified server hosters so we can stay up to speed on the things that are coming down the pike.  Then we can take that official information and distribute it to our players in advance.  That would definitely help things go over more smoothly among all the various communities.  There will still be complainers, as there always will be, but it will help.  

I for one just want to say a massive well done and thank you to Awol and the rest of the team, and testers involved. Earlier today BI released 1.44 which inevitably broke stuff, and you guys have been doing multiple updates helping out on the Linux side of things.

It's a massive and thankless task, so just wanted to pass on my gratitude to all involved for doing so much in so little time, for so little appreciation :)

Now go have some beer!

Big thanks vbawol

I have to agree with Darth_Rogue I missed the 1.44 and I normally test as soon as I see it.  I think a mail list/Forum for Servers admins (verified) would be great.. Even if its just a "you seen this" then hopefully that will help.. Maybe