Update changelogs - include files changed?

Kroenen

Just a thought, and know it's a little extra work, but it would help server admins immensely.

When changes to server files are made, and new builds released, the changelogs are great, but it would make things a lot easier if we had a list of files changed included with the release. With a lot of servers running some pretty custom stuff, every build/update involves a lot of double checking and comparing files. It would be a much more expedient process if we say which files or pbo's need updating.

Admittedly, it's a lot easier than it was with a heavily modded arma 2.

Food for thought?

You can expect to update the pbo's and dll with every release if your modifications are done properly this should be an easy process. Please share what issues you had exactly with updating.

For me to be able to push frequent updates and to provide diff notes would take more time, I will see what I can do to automate it. Best bet still will be to use diff software like WinMerge and making note of what files you change so you can compare and merge your changes.

Thanks Awol. I haven't had issues with updating as such, and of course the server pbo's  and dll are an easy enough swap, since there's nothing really gets modded in there anyway.

It's mainly the other stuff like BE filters, the mission pbo, epochAH and epochconfig. I've been using notepad++ compare function to check for changes, but I just figured you guys would know best what files were updated in each new build, so existing servers could look at the list, and only need to merge the files that were changed/updated. I don't know much about the way github tracks changes to be fair.

I just imagine this is something that could alleviate some of the post-update issues people may have.