Custom Spawn Dialog with Gear & HALO Selection, moving Map, Credits, Custom spawns and more ...

Halvhjearne

As to the shitty system no I'm running on a Xeon 1650 v3 with 128 gig of ram with 4 ssds in a raid 5 array and I have experienced the issue were players can't get back in due to your script I actually shut the server down with 40 players in it because they have been trying for at least 15 min to get in took your script out and might I add I have no custom spawn gear and they all got in fine stop the server again put your script in same 3 people couldn't not get in until I deleted them from the data base good script but I run on top of the line custom dedicated box so I have no shitty nothing

As to the shitty system no I'm running on a Xeon 1650 v3 with 128 gig of ram with 4 ssds in a raid 5 array and I have experienced the issue were players can't get back in due to your script I actually shut the server down with 40 players in it because they have been trying for at least 15 min to get in took your script out and might I add I have no custom spawn gear and they all got in fine stop the server again put your script in same 3 people couldn't not get in until I deleted them from the data base good script but I run on top of the line custom dedicated box so I have no shitty nothing

I can also report this has happened on my server also. Players cannot get onto the server until I remove them from the database.

Do you have a dedicated server or using a GSP shared host ?

Not a digg btw, just trying to help Halv work this out, it works flawlessly on my server, everyone should have the same problems if it's Halvs code, I suspect it's overloaded servers causing the delays :unsure:

looks like you got an extra comman on last entry:

[[2692,5284],1],        //"Zelenogorsk",

should be:

[[2692,5284],1]       //"Zelenogorsk",

@anyone that has problems with logging, try remove this part in the init:

{
		if((_x getVariable ["BUILD_OWNER", "-1"]) in [getPlayerUID player, Epoch_my_GroupUID])exitWith{
			_pos = getPos _x;
			player setVariable ["HALV_JammerPos",_pos];
			diag_log format["[halv_spawn] found a player jammer @ %1",_pos];
		};
	} forEach nearestObjects [_center, ["PlotPole_EPOCH"], 15000];

then you cannot spawn on jammers, but it should work, even with bad connections.

Its literally any time I make a change to one of the files it stops working. i deleted one of the spawns and it doesnt work anymore.

check if you have an extra or missing commas somewhere, this is most likely your problem, as i show above

I fixed that comma and it still doesnt work. im so confused lol I try to set up Donor spawns with the different levels.

you need to show me what you are currently using and not something that could be what you maby will use.

i need to see the error you are making.

again, misplaced commas can for obvius reasons make the script fail ...

Hi Halv,

Do we also need to get rid of the line waitUntil{!isNil "Epoch_my_GroupUID"};

Perhaps the code is waiting for a players group ID but cannot find it etc????

Cheers

Jaikaiman

no, that will not matter, the problem is the search aparently makes some servers struggle with database conncetion while it searches, so i moved the search to a later point in the newer scripts to avoid it, for now just remove the part i shown to avoid it, however you will loose the ability to spawn on your jammer.

so i moved the search to a later point in the newer scripts to avoid it, for now just remove the part i shown to avoid it, however you will loose the ability to spawn on your jammer.

So what exactly needs to be done to fix this? Not seeing the "remove the part i shown to avoid it". And the current script available was last modified 5/1 (1/5)

Had another 7 people basically get banned since Friday night.

So what exactly needs to be done to fix this? Not seeing the "remove the part i shown to avoid it". And the current script available was last modified 5/1 (1/5)

i wrote a temp fix here somewhere, try the search button ...

And the current script available was last modified 5/1 (1/5)

im not in any hurry to push anything out right now, i kinda want to make sure it works first, so we dont end up with something simmular, but you can try the fix i already mentioned.

Had another 7 people basically get banned since Friday night.

nobody is forcing you to use this, you could just remove the script (or do the mentioned fix) untill i feel the new version is ready and post it.

Yeh for now i have removed it players are getting in with no problem but if you would like to test your new stuff on my server that would be great and also if i were to use it for now and just turn off jammer spawning would it work.