Custom Spawn Dialog with Gear & HALO Selection, moving Map, Credits, Custom spawns and more ...

Halvhjearne

I think you got me wrong. The player DON'T get kicked. They get killed. And i don't know how or what i should look for in redis because all of the logs are those i wrote to you ;) By the way it seems like the "clean before new loot spawn" function does delete players gear on body or in vehicle. M320 was one of the objects which was gone after restart. But i am not sure if it is related to your script.

Thanks for your support :)

I think you got me wrong. The player DON'T get kicked. They get killed. And i don't know how or what i should look for in redis because all of the logs are those i wrote to you ;) By the way it seems like the "clean before new loot spawn" function does delete players gear on body or in vehicle. M320 was one of the objects which was gone after restart. But i am not sure if it is related to your script.

Thanks for your support :)

i dont know how much more specific i can be ... if the default antihack does something it is logged in your redis databes ... go find the reason, then come back, ok?

Ok, I did that and repacked the PBO, but now the server freezes at the Altis map screen.

So in the PBO I have the mission file, description, then am I suppose to have the halv_spawn folder, or just the files in the folder?

Also, the line I add to the inti.sqf, is this the init.sqf that comes with this script, or is there another init.sqf somewhere?

Sorry, but I am a total noob at this, just started a private server that we are customizing and trying out.

Any help, pointers, or "Your a noob, you need to go here first." Is wanted ...

Thanks

Ok, I did that and repacked the PBO, but now the server freezes at the Altis map screen.

it sounds to me like you have done something wrong, i suggest you start over and try again following step by step how to install it.

if it still does not work, you need to find some log files from server and client + if you change anything in the scripts then i need to know about this aswell or i cannot help you. 

Ok got it working, I was confused on what to put where and after some experimenting, found out I put everything in the PBO and have to make sure the HAV stuff are in the addons folder. Instructions did not go over what should be inside the PBO clear enough. Being a noob, this is the 2nd script I have tried running, but now have working.

Thanks.

Ok got it working, I was confused on what to put where and after some experimenting, found out I put everything in the PBO and have to make sure the HAV stuff are in the addons folder. Instructions did not go over what should be inside the PBO clear enough. Being a noob, this is the 2nd script I have tried running, but now have working.

Thanks.

this is becourse i assume ppl know the basics on how to install scripts, but im glad you figured it out on your own.

Hello Halvhjearne,

is it possible to change the  litle icon for random spawn / spawn select ? I would like to make an icon like a parachute or a map marker.

I look forword to hear from you,

best regards,

Mumys

im using default arma icons, i know there is a parachute you can use aswell, but i cant remeber where it was ...

this is the line you need to edit to change it:

https://github.com/Halvhjearne/halv_spawn/blob/master/addons/halv_spawn/spawndialog.sqf#L530

I've seem to hit a snag with this. I followed every step of the install but am getting kicked when i click on the spawn object to open the menu.

06.07.2015 00:57:28: Levis (*IP*) cfb905dc0625219d93e09843d6964a1d - #40 "\opendialog.sqf"
;
if(isNil "Halv_fill_spawn")exitWith{};
createdialog "Halv_spawn_dialog";

if(_halv_spawn_startmode == 0 && _h"

I've tried adding in an exception for the restriction to make the dialog ok, but didn't seem to help at all.

My BE filter i've adjust :

Line 2 (7 "BIS_fnc_dynamictext")  : !"] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;"

Line 17 (7 setvelocity) : !"bis_fnc_halo_vel * 0.96;\n player setvelocity ["

Line 23 (7 exec) : !="spawndialog.sqf" !"halv_spawn\init.sqf"

Line 41 (7 createDialog) : !"createdialog \"Halv_spawn_dialog\";"

Line 54 (7 displayAddEventHandler) : !"(finddisplay 46) displayaddeventhandler"

th

My BE filter i've adjust :

Line 2 (7 "BIS_fnc_dynamictext")  : !"] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;"

Line 17 (7 setvelocity) : !"bis_fnc_halo_vel * 0.96;\n player setvelocity ["

Line 23 (7 exec) : !="spawndialog.sqf" !"halv_spawn\init.sqf"

Line 41 (7 createDialog) : !"createdialog \"Halv_spawn_dialog\";"

Line 54 (7 displayAddEventHandler) : !"(finddisplay 46) displayaddeventhandler"

its changed a bit tho, the last one is definitely not needed anymore ...

A question .. the Jammer spawn no more. Switched is the only with us or have others this problem.In he is config

_spawnNearJammer = true;

_jamarea = 10000;

if you die near the jammer, the location will be locked, most likely thats your problem ... you can reduce the area it searches or disable the body check completely in spawn_settings.sqf:

//this is the distance (in meters) it will check for the players dead bodys, set to -1 to disable
_bodyCheckDist = 2500;

Well the halo spawn does not work for me at all. I have no idea why player simply dies the most time he pulls the para. Heigth does not matter as it seems. I have no additional log files. As i said a few days before: There are _NO_ additional logs. In redis there is absolutely nothing about the player kill. He simply dies in 3 of 5 times he uses halo. That's it

Well the halo spawn does not work for me at all. I have no idea why player simply dies the most time he pulls the para. Heigth does not matter as it seems. I have no additional log files. Mmmmpf

i have seen it happend a few times on my server where they die as they pull the chute, afaik it happends when they pull it as soon as they get the option to do so ... i have tried to avoid this by spawning the parachute a bit above the player, try update from github and see if it helps.