Custom Spawn Dialog with Gear & HALO Selection, moving Map, Credits, Custom spawns and more ...

Halvhjearne

i have rented a dedicated server from some service provider

idk what to say, it works fine for me on both linux and windows box ...

I am playing on Chernarus:

RPT:

http://pastebin.com/DEQkiUeZ

Spawn_Locations:

http://pastebin.com/zyFyBJGB

Spawn Settings:

http://pastebin.com/T6WUgu1f

Those are the only 2 I mightve edited.

it seems to me like my script is working fine on your server:

"[halv_spawn] waiting for default teleporters to be build in Chernarus @ (010133) [1024.85,2023.52,0]"

"[halv_spawn] default teleporters replaced with 'Land_InfoStand_V2_F' [[35d85600# 1056706: infostand_v2_f.p3d,[4569.52,4524.24,0.201431]],[35d84800# 1056707: infostand_v2_f.p3d,[12077.8,5121.92,0.00144958]],[35d84100# 1056708: infostand_v2_f.p3d,[10688.6,9428.98,0.00144958]]]"

it loads as expected and so on ...

but you have a bunch of these:

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
aia_misc3_config
Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
aia_buildings_config

most likely cause you forgot something in mission.sqm

also you have this error in the end (server crash?):

Extensions:
  ARMA_LOG (.\ARMA_LOG.dll) [] []

epochserver (D:\Servers\Epochhhh\@epochhive\epochserver.dll) [] []

wich is most likely your server files that was not updated correctly or has become corrupt somehow

yeah its ok man i'll have to live without it haha .... i tried this hard becuz its a great addon or else i wouldnt be bother lol 

love ur work haha thx for sharing it

the current version will fade "slightly" when i update to the new one with gear selection screen, but i need more people to come test it, to be able to say i tested it propper ...

WOW i did find a fix ... i dunno how i dunno why but it just worked!!!!

all i did was deleting this line in the init.sqf in halv folder

{
if((_x getVariable ["BUILD_OWNER", "-1"]) in [getPlayerUID player, Epoch_my_GroupUID])exitWith{
_pos = getPos _x;
player setVariable ["HALV_JammerPos",_pos];
diag_log format["[halv_spawn] found a player jammer @ %1",_pos];
};
} forEach nearestObjects [_center, ["PlotPole_EPOCH"], 15000];

below the do not touch this.... 

and the new version would be awesome with the gear selection !! looking forward to it man :)

and the new version would be awesome with the gear selection !! looking forward to it man :)

i suggest you go and test on my servers and tell me if you can find any bugs ...

Replaced the mission and .dll file. Still doesnt work... wtff I really want this

in some systems, sometimes you need to unlock dll files, or they will not be usable by windows ... that could be your problem, did you add anything else recently?

its not locked but i just added:

1. A3EAI

2. Full Status Bar

3. Infistar

4. Your spawn script

i have all of that on my servers aswell without any problems, again i think you have currupt dll file or files as it is exiting saying something with extension (wich is most likely dll file error), iirc then the ARMA_LOG.dll is one of infistars dll files, perhaps it is that one that is corrupt or perhaps you forgot to add the epoch dll when you updated to the new version of epoch?

either case, your problem is completly unrelated to the spawn system.

Surething man whats ur server name and ip?

halv.ddns.net:2302 - Altis
halv.ddns.net:2312 - Stratis (removed bornholm for now, as it is causing client side lag)

Hey halv man great script now I have put the stingable in the root folder put your halv folder in also and the hpp in the description.ext but my players get the option for halo but when they spawn if they don't scroll and click deploy chute right away it goes away and they fall to there death oh I added the I'd. In infistar to just on that one line that already had the -1,602 did I need it on both lines seems like once u go halo also if you don't select it right away for the chute the menu want come up when you want to actually scroll for it lets say at 500ft when I go to scroll to get the menu it's not there I go splat

again, i doubt this has anything to do with my script as it does not mess with any respawn or death handlers, but to check it out i will have to know more about what happends here ...

edit:

have you guys had or have another spawn system or loadout script installed?

Fresh server here.  I love the script and the idea but it caused load in problems for players on my server where they were stuck loading inventory and an AI walks around town like rambo.  Went through a ton of troubleshooting including going into the database and removing the player with the issue.    I didn't suspect this script till I read this thread.     Removed the script/mod and solved the issues.  I will check back in with this script maybe in a later version.  Thanks for the hard work on this Halvhjearne!

Yeah I couldn't get rid of this problem either and I tried lots of ways, so eventually I just stopped multi-guns spawning in the world and re-rolled the database lol. Going to try what Korakot2003 suggested... fingers crossed.

you guys having this load problem must have extremly shitty or extremly strained servers, i really do not see any other reason for this ... the check korakot has removed takes about 1-2sec on my server and what you are saying has never happend to me or any of the large servers using this ... all i can say is either wait for next version where you can switch off jammer spawn so it does not freeze at any point or dont use it if it is causing you problems.

Hey halv man great script now I have put the stingable in the root folder put your halv folder in also and the hpp in the description.ext but my players get the option for halo but when they spawn if they don't scroll and click deploy chute right away it goes away and they fall to there death oh I added the I'd. In infistar to just on that one line that already had the -1,602 did I need it on both lines seems like once u go halo also if you don't select it right away for the chute the menu want come up when you want to actually scroll for it lets say at 500ft when I go to scroll to get the menu it's not there I go splat

i think your problem is same as this:

i'll start from the beginning ... first i installed your script after the update of 3.0.3 and everything work fine till player start reviving each other with multigun .. and the player being revived got kick to lobby ... (this also happen before i installed your script but they can reconnect back and be at the same place that they been revived)  

but after installing your script they got kick to lobby and cannot enter back into the game as the player corpse is being replaced by an AI with different name...(random name) i saw the ai running in the game with that person gear ... even though i tried killing that AI the player wont be able to enter .. as when they enter another AI come and replace it ( this also allow the player to use this bug to dupe recent item before the death)

it keep occuring until i turned it off via commenting out the init...

I can 2nd this happening to my server, too. I can always tell when it happens because I find this line in my publicvariable.log:

#0 "PLAYER_REJECT_NoResponse2 = true"

This is a kick that happens about 2 minutes after they try to log in, they spawn an ai in their spot (i noticed this happens for all players now, ai spawns in and about 10 seconds later it changes to the player... arma 1.44 change?) but in their cases they never do the final connection and stay invis at the ai's feet. Able to see everything going on and can even chat to me in direct.

I tried adding that kick to my publicvariable.txt, but it just never kicks them, they sit there for as long as they like till they disconnect. Tried forcing disconnect on them, killing and deleteing the ai's, killing and deleting the invis Virtualmodel of the player... and nothing works. Only fix is at next restart, pulling DB, deleting the player from it. Had this happen now 4 times since 1.44 Update day. I installed the arma 3 1.44 update and the spawn change mod within a few hours of 1 another so I cant say 100% it is solely one or the other. This is the first place I've seen it mentioned, though.

Players are telling me they are simply logging in and that's when it is happening. No kicks they just roll the dice and login fails and corrupts profile.

Below is one player that had it happen to them yesterday. All unneeded rpt lines have been omitted in this timeframe.

0:15:05 "<infiSTAR.de>ConnectLog| +++Connected: brandon(76561198041364739) - time: 825.838 - serverTime: 853.014 (v0157)"
 0:15:16 "DEBUG (Load Player) Group Content: [1,["gingyfred","brandon",4,[],[["76561198037853161","Sgt DesmondTheMoon Bear"]]]]"
 0:15:16 "DEBUG (Load Player) Set Group: 76561198041364739"
 0:17:27 NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #831952914, users.card=5
 0:17:27 NetServer: users.get failed when sending to 831952914
 0:17:27 Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 831952914 (brandon)
 0:17:27 Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 831952914 (brandon)
 0:17:27 "playerDisconnected:76561198041364739:brandon"

The Users Card and Channel changes every time, but that's the only difference. This is what I'm seeing for all 4 of the users that have had the problem so far.

again, this must be caused by a very poor server, a very poor connection to the server or a very poor connection between server and database.

however in the next version, it searches for the jammers at a later point, wehn player has almost entered game and you can simply switch it off so it will not search for jammers at all if you still have the problem ... but again, i need more people to come and test it, before i can say it was tested propper.

btw halve can u make a specific spawn for specific donor?   in case this uid for this city only or something like that..

not currently and im not sure if i want to add that ... currently everything is achiveable through random spawns/gear select, wich i think is how it should be.

admins can just spawn in their stuff after spawn or teleport where they want, but i will considder adding custom spawn options for donors ... however its not something that is on the top of my list for now.