Custom Spawn Dialog with Gear & HALO Selection, moving Map, Credits, Custom spawns and more ...

Halvhjearne

that is incorrect, if you can use a parachute, then you can use halo jump, the problem is anti tp reverting your position when the player is in the air.

it can be fixed and i provided info on a possible fix for the default antihack, however i think everyone ignores it, most likely cause they dont understand.

idk what you are trying to say here as it makes no sense.

if you get "Spawn menu aborted" that means you where not near the cloneroom when you spawned in.

I tried the fix a number of times and it sadly does not fix it. The only time I seen any change is when I spawn in with a parachute instead of a backpack. that is the only time i seem to not get teleported. Just stating what I noticed on my end.

• 1 month later...

Hey Halv,

Does the credits part of this script require any of the other bits?
I've taken just that one sqf file, but I'm getting the following in my logs and the credits are appearing:

18:59:01   Error position: <];

{
sleep 2;
_memberFunction = _x sele>
18:59:01   Error Missing [
18:59:01 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\addons\credits.sqf, line 85
18:59:01 Error in expression <","10:00",
"14:00","18:00","22:00"
]
],
];

{
sleep 2;

Paul

9 hours ago, dnk_paul said:

Hey Halv,

Does the credits part of this script require any of the other bits?
I've taken just that one sqf file, but I'm getting the following in my logs and the credits are appearing:

18:59:01   Error position: <];

{
sleep 2;
18:59:01   Error Missing [
18:59:01 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\addons\credits.sqf, line 85
18:59:01 Error in expression <","10:00",
"14:00","18:00","22:00"
]
],
];

{
sleep 2;

Paul

looks to me like you have an error in the script, i suggest you check for extra , " or []

• 3 weeks later...

i am sorry to say that i will not be updating this in the near future ...

that dosnt necessarily mean that it will stop working right away so you wont be able to use it, however if it does stop working in a future update of epoch, chances are i will not have the time to fix it.

i have not been playing or doing anything for arma in quite some time now ... but who knows, maybe i will return sometime. ;)

to all that have yet to change the ts info in the spawn menu ... PLS ffs change it pronto, it is quite annoying for me to explain to so many people that the ts they are occuping is not associated with the server they are playing on!

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this working on my Chernarus server for several months now, works great. I'm trying to add it to my Takistan server now and having a problem. The script is loading properly no kicks, I can see the info-stands and the icon when I look at them, but when I select the action no menu appears. I havn't really changed anything from my other servers setup except adding the spawn points for Takistan, so I'm thinking either I messed up the spawn points somehow or something else is going on. Running Infistar with 7777 in the allowedDialogs.

these are the spawn points I added maybe someone can see my mistake or have some insight

Spoiler

the first one i tried

Halv_spawns = switch(toLower worldName)do{
//takistan spawns
    case "takistan":{
        [
            [[6746.61,4877.85],0,"Central Trader"],
            [[1557.59,11956.2],0,"Nur"],
            [[6113.86,11272.5],0,"Rasmam"],
            [[9729.37,11374],0,"Zavarak"],
            [[12234,10476.4],0,"Karachinar"],
            [[11495.7,8297.89],0,"Ravanay"],
            [[8234.85,7801.57],0,"Imarat"],
            [[10617.5,6287.91],0,"Garmsar"],
            [[5560.47,8845.21],0,"Bastam"],
            [[3206.37,9917.99],0,"Nagara"],
            [[5137.75,6264.71],0,"Feruz Abad"],
            [[8796.51,5259.22],0,"Timurkalay"],
            [[5364.02,4689.16],0,"Kakaru"],
            [[2052.14,7553.58],0,"Mulladost"],
            [[4645.43,9253.12],0,"Lalezar"],
            [[1383.05,5803.52],0,"Khushab"],
            [[1356.52,3625.42],0,"Shukurkalay"],
            [[3628.56,4044.84],0,"Sakhe"],
            [[4386.11,674.226],0,"Chak Chak"],
            [[6051.24,1259.7],0,"Huzrutimam"],
            [[8069.43,1716.71],0,"South Airfield"],
            [[11797.4,2530.03],0,"Hazar Bagh"]
        ]
    };
*/
    default{[]};
};

and the second try

Halv_spawns = switch(toLower worldName)do{
//takistan spawns
    case "takistan":{
        [
            [[6746.61,4877.85]],             //Central Trader
            [[1557.59,11956.2]],             //Nur
            [[6113.86,11272.5]],             //Rasman
            [[9729.37,11374]],               //Zavarak
            [[12234,10476.4]],               //Karachinar
            [[11495.7,8297.89]],             //Ravanay
            [[8234.85,7801.57]],             //Imarat
            [[10617.5,6287.91]],             //Garmsar
            [[5560.47,8845.21]],             //Bastam
            [[3206.37,9917.99]],             //Nagara
            [[5137.75,6264.71]],             //Feruz Abad
            [[8796.51,5259.22]],             //Timurkalay
            [[5364.02,4689.16]],             //Kakaru
            [[2052.14,7553.58]],             //Mulladost
            [[4645.43,9253.12]],             //Lalezar
            [[1383.05,5803.52]],             //Khushab
            [[1356.52,3625.42]],             //Shukurkalay
            [[3628.56,4044.84]],             //Sakhe
            [[4386.11,674.226]],             //Chak Chak
            [[6051.24,1259.7]],              //Huzrutimam
            [[8069.43,1716.71]],             //South Airfield
            [[11797.4,2530.03]]              //Hazar Bagh
        ]
    };
*/
    default{[]};
};

**SOLVED**

Edited by arc7r7
Solved Problem

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Runewulv said:

love this script, just wish it was more like ebays ESS spawn select where you could add a selection for custom loadout and custom spawn point. Is there any way to add something like this? Or at least make it work with a loadout script for donors?

In spawn_settings.sqf check that _addgear = true; // about line 37

Configure gear to your hearts content in spawn_gear_settings.sqf

Note that spawn_locations.sqf includes an option for different levels of donors/etc

thanks for response, when i meant custom loadout I meant like as in for donor's I give custom loadouts, which allows them to choose 'RuneWulv's Loadout' and spawn with whatever they had chosen at the time of donation. In ESS's script from Arma 2 it worked as such, you either chose what classes were available or had a personal one added that was tied to your UID. I love the spawn and gear select menu as it is, but to be able to add personal loadouts/spawn points tied to people's UIDs would be awesome.

5 hours ago, Runewulv said:

thanks for response, when i meant custom loadout I meant like as in for donor's I give custom loadouts, which allows them to choose 'RuneWulv's Loadout' and spawn with whatever they had chosen at the time of donation. In ESS's script from Arma 2 it worked as such, you either chose what classes were available or had a personal one added that was tied to your UID. I love the spawn and gear select menu as it is, but to be able to add personal loadouts/spawn points tied to people's UIDs would be awesome.

I have not looked too deeply at this part of the script but I know that it has the capability to add user-configurable loadouts that are different for donors and regular players. I am sure you could add additional levels of discrimination based on arrays of UIDs in gear selection without much effort.

• 4 weeks later...

Was wondering I noticed that a couple of guys in here (obviously posted some time ago now) that they were getting a kick for the following:

#1 "briefing\enddefault_ca.paa'/>",0,0,15,0,0,8406] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText;
};
};
}else{
player setPos _position;
titleText[forma"

Was wondering if anyone had the solution for this, I checked the forums couldnt come up with anything than what was mention in this thread, but noticed an actual solution was not listed just that people had resolved this particular issue. So would appreciate if someone could post it up for reference. References to this error were made on page 24, but no indication of what the solution was.

*EDIT* I noticed in a following post on page 24 that someone replied regarding this. Would the following be the solution as regards what I am experiencing above? Or is it something else - Im sort of half presuming this is the solution due to the reference to the bis_fnc_dynamicText function that is referenced.

On 27/09/2015 at 1:05 AM, Steven1230 said:

!"spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;" !"] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;" !"zoneY + safezoneH - 0.8,0.7],_onScreenTime,0.5] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;

Try this and see if it helps you out

!=\"briefing\enddefault_ca.paa'/>\",0,0,15,0,0,8406] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText;};\n};\n}else{\nplayer setPos _position;\ntitleText[forma\"<<<<<<< So put this in the correct be filter your getting the kick for on the correct line also.

Just now, viper179 said:

!=\"briefing\enddefault_ca.paa'/>\",0,0,15,0,0,8406] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText;};\n};\n}else{\nplayer setPos _position;\ntitleText[forma\"

!"spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;" !"] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;" !"zoneY + safezoneH - 0.8,0.7],_onScreenTime,0.5] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;

I have ONLY just sort of started teaching myself a little about BE filters (a rather STEEP learning curve at that!) and originally was going to add the line myself without asking for any assistance using something "similar" to that. I say "similar" as I would have probably researched how to write a BE filter (again!) and maybe (just possibly maybe) have eventually come up with that same line (hopefully!) but wasnt too sure as im very early in my career of learning about BE filters. But of course I will try that out right now and let you know (fingers crossed!)

53 minutes ago, viper179 said:

!=\"briefing\enddefault_ca.paa'/>\",0,0,15,0,0,8406] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText;};\n};\n}else{\nplayer setPos _position;\ntitleText[forma\"<<<<<<< So put this in the correct be filter your getting the kick for on the correct line also.

Seems that this exception may have worked though I am now getting a new kick (#16) for the following:

#16 "eCollisionWith player;
player moveInDriver _chute;
_chute setVelocity [0,0,0];
waitUntil{vehicle player isEqualTo _chute};
if (a"

Ive tried a solution that has already been suggested regarding this one in an earlier post and added it to the setvelocity set on line 18 (for me this is applicable although the solution in the post already submitted says line 17 as I assume that for the player in question their setvelocity must be on that line). BUT...it hasnt worked - several times with slightly differing versions as shown below.

Try number 1: !"player setvelocity [" !"bis_fnc_halo_vel * 0.96;\n player setvelocity [" !="eCollisionWith player; player moveInDriver _chute; _chute setVelocity [0,0,0]; waitUntil{vehicle player isEqualTo _chute}; if (a"     FAILED

Try number 2: !"player setvelocity [" !"bis_fnc_halo_vel * 0.96;\n player setvelocity [" !="eCollisionWith player; \nplayer moveInDriver \n_chute; \n_chute setVelocity [0,0,0]; \nwaitUntil{vehicle player isEqualTo _chute}; \nif (a" FAILED - i tried the \n so as to set a "new line" for those points in the filter exception as in the script log its showing those parts on new lines so set it that way.

Lastly, Try number 3: I ommitted the !"player setvelocity [" !"bis_fnc_halo_vel * 0.96;\n player setvelocity [" section and just added the following: !="eCollisionWith player; \nplayer moveInDriver \n_chute; \n_chute setVelocity [0,0,0]; \nwaitUntil{vehicle player isEqualTo _chute}; \nif (a"  This also FAILED.

Currently I am on Try number 4 by ommitting the \n bits and just using this: !="eCollisionWith player; player moveInDriver _chute; _chute setVelocity [0,0,0]; waitUntil{vehicle player isEqualTo _chute}; if (a" 

Nope...that one didnt work either. Im unsure of where to go from here, any pointers please?

Try this and see but whats going on here is that when i give you the right fix you get past the 2 that were giving you the kick and will keep getting them until you fix each kick that you get.

Also if your using the new be filters aka first line says \\new 2 then say you get a kick for script restriction 10, you will look for #12 script restriction <<<<new 2 on first line means plus 2 in the filters.

!=\"eCollisionWith player;player moveInDriver _chute;\n_chute setVelocity [0,0,0];\nwaitUntil{vehicle player isEqualTo _chute};\nif (a\"

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...