Custom Spawn Dialog with Gear & HALO Selection, moving Map, Credits, Custom spawns and more ...

Halvhjearne

OK I installed the mod as such.. I put the addon folder into my mission pbo and the init.sqf with my description and mission.sqf in the main epoch.altis folder is that correct?

help.png

you need to make your own init if you do not have one, the init.sqf i have made goes in the folder halv_spawn.

Cool script!

Works perfect!

Question, I only want to let players choose from a handgun, 2 items and clothes.

How can i do that?

Thnx

remove all the items from the rows you do not want anything in, in spawn_gear_settings.sqf

Don't know if this was covered already, but if your donor spawns are not working.... Make sure that you enter the donor "UID's" in the "spawn_locations.sqf" and the "spawn_gear_settings.sqf" or you will see the option to spawn in a donor location but will not be able to actually spawn.

great script Halv! 

i do have a question

How can i get the intro music to work, I have placed my OGG file in my main mission folder

your script i have under:

addons\halv_spawn\

in credits.sqf file i have tried

playsound "introSong.ogg";

or

playsound "introSong";

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, there's a lot of pages to go through...

how can I disable the 'random' button so they can't spawn in a random location?

Edit: I'd also like to change the messages over 'donor / reg' places to just display as 'Locked' instead of donor, how do I go about this?

great script Halv! 

i do have a question

How can i get the intro music to work, I have placed my OGG file in my main mission folder

your script i have under:

addons\halv_spawn\

in credits.sqf file i have tried

playsound "introSong.ogg";

or

playsound "introSong";

you need to read up on how to add intro music, once you know how thats done, come back if you still need to know where to play the sound.

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, there's a lot of pages to go through...

how can I disable the 'random' button so they can't spawn in a random location?

Edit: I'd also like to change the messages over 'donor / reg' places to just display as 'Locked' instead of donor, how do I go about this?

i cannot stress this enough ...

This is not something i want to support for many reasons, one being that its not allowed by bis to have items only donors can achive, second being that i dont feel donors should have a major advantage compared to other players, just cause they donated.

they should be donating to you cause they like your server, not cause they want more gear.

the way it is now, it will allow any player to press random button and possibly achive same items as a donor can select by choice.

if anyone wants does not want the gear selection it that i created, can be completely disabled and you can then use custom a loadout script on spawn instead of the credits!

i cannot stress this enough ...

This is not something i want to support for many reasons, one being that its not allowed by bis to have items only donors can achive, second being that i dont feel donors should have a major advantage compared to other players, just cause they donated.

they should be donating to you cause they like your server, not cause they want more gear.

the way it is now, it will allow any player to press random button and possibly achive same items as a donor can select by choice.

if anyone wants does not want the gear selection it that i created, can be completely disabled and you can then use custom a loadout script on spawn instead of the credits!

What the hell are you talking about? that is absolutely irrelevant to what I asked

Gear is disabled on my server. I want random spawn selection to be disabled until I decide what I'm going to do with the extra locations that are currently locked to 'donors'. I want to rename them to just say 'Locked' instead of saying reg / donor only. I have no interest in giving advantages in that manor

What the hell are you talking about? that is absolutely irrelevant to what I asked

Gear is disabled on my server. I want random spawn selection to be disabled until I decide what I'm going to do with the extra locations that are currently locked to 'donors'. I want to rename them to just say 'Locked' instead of saying reg / donor only. I have no interest in giving advantages in that manor

you where asking about removing the random button ... by removing that, you will also remove the chance for non-donors to achive donor items/spawn locations, hence why i do not want to support it, if you want to remove spawn locations, just remove them in spawn_locations.sqf

I'm removing the chance for everybody to spawn in those locations temporarily. I have some none advantageous (to donors) ideas in mind as to what I may do with them, but believe me I have no interest in providing an advantage to people just because they choose to donate

If you won't help me with that.. at least tell me how I can change the message displayed when you mouse over these "donor" spawns to say "Locked'" instead of what they currently say

I'm removing the chance for everybody to spawn in those locations temporarily. I have some none advantageous (to donors) ideas in mind as to what I may do with them, but believe me I have no interest in providing an advantage to people just because they choose to donate

If you won't help me with that.. at least tell me how I can change the message displayed when you mouse over these "donor" spawns to say "Locked'" instead of what they currently say

again, you can remove or change or remove any of the locations, if you want it to be different or not show, i have no intentions of removing the random button.

you can change most strings in stringtable.xml, if you did not notice ...

Not removing the random button encourages people to kill themselves if they don't get a good spawn and keep hitting the random button, but sure I suppose.

And no I didn't think to look in there because I had kept the stringtable from HS blackmarket but thank you

Not removing the random button encourages people to kill themselves if they don't get a good spawn and keep hitting the random button, but sure I suppose.

i doubt that is true, if someone really wanted a better spawn than what you get when you hit random, they could just select a location to spawn closer to the desired destination to begin with and besides that i really dont see the problem in them killing themself either.

if someone is dedicated enough to kill themself as many times as it takes to get a locked spawn, they almost deserver it when they get it, considdering most servers will likely have 10 -20 diffrent locations to spawn, the player will most likely become tierd/bored of killing themself and or get a huge negative number on their bank account depending on the servers clone cost.

Any chance we could get an option to set the default spawn type? Right now it defaults to Halo, I'd like to default it to Ground, but still have the option for Halo.

Thanks!

ill considder that, it should switch if you force ground tho ...

Hi Guys, im REALLY happy about this great script. It makes more fun to my players.
I also activated the credits.sqf because i didnt use one till now.

The only thing which is not working is the intro_tune. Of course i could comment it out, but i have a nice 30 seconds in .ogg but i get an error ingame at the moment the player starts to spawn.

Where have you guy put the .ogg file? did is miss any entries in other files, i think not, because the error tells me, that it should be played...

Sorry if this makes you laugh....for me it is really hard work to get this things working  :unsure:

ill considder that, it should switch if you force ground tho ...

Using 0 (user's choice) on spawn method, where is the choice given at? Haven't been able to do anything besides double click the city name and spawn in halo. How do I get the ground spawn option to pop up?

Hey guys, the freshspawn people get a teleport back to Spawnpoint.

How can I Fix it?

I use the normal Antihack.

I have read in Forum, I must deactivate the Halojump. Is this the only possibility?

Where can I do this?

Here?

//force halo jump or ground spawn 0 = user choice, 1 = forced HALO, 2 = forced Ground true/false
//_HALV_forcespawnMode = 2;
//_jumpheight = 1250;

Hey guys, the freshspawn people get a teleport back to Spawnpoint.

How can I Fix it?

I use the normal Antihack.

I have read in Forum, I must deactivate the Halojump. Is this the only possibility?

Where can I do this?

Here?

//force halo jump or ground spawn 0 = user choice, 1 = forced HALO, 2 = forced Ground true/false
//_HALV_forcespawnMode = 2;
//_jumpheight = 1250;

two slashes like this // means the rest of the line will not be read by the engine, can you guess what your error is?

Hi Guys, im REALLY happy about this great script. It makes more fun to my players.

I also activated the credits.sqf because i didnt use one till now.

The only thing which is not working is the intro_tune. Of course i could comment it out, but i have a nice 30 seconds in .ogg but i get an error ingame at the moment the player starts to spawn.

Where have you guy put the .ogg file? did is miss any entries in other files, i think not, because the error tells me, that it should be played...

Sorry if this makes you laugh....for me it is really hard work to get this things working  :unsure:

pretty sure this is covered in another thread with credits, try look there maybe?