Custom Spawn Dialog with Gear & HALO Selection, moving Map, Credits, Custom spawns and more ...

Halvhjearne

Please bear with me if this spawn dialog is not perfect, as it is my first time creating one ...

The Short intro:

This is an easy 2 line install, "complete" Spawn system with everything described in the headline and more ...

The Long Intro:

This is an easy 2 line install, "complete" spawn system (3lines if you want dead body check, 4 if you do not have my killfeed installed already)

you can:

• Select gear screen (can be switched off)
  • Add random gear (if above is switched off or not all items are selected)
  • 2 levels of Custom gear for donors
  • setup custom spawns
  • setup 2 levels of donor spawns
  • set a custom name to any custom location (if none is added it will just use nearest city name if one is avalible)
  • add pictures to your spawn room (one for each wall, no pictures included)
  • replace default teleporters with custom ones (to disable the default teleport option)
  • or just add an extra scroll option to the default teleporters
  • spawn near group leader (can be switched off)
  • spawn near jammer (can be switched off completly now so nobody gets any errors)
  • disable spawns near players dead body, with configurable distance (requires my killfeed installed)
  • run credits or other script on spawn (simple credits file is included)
  • User can select to spawn with halo jump or ground spawn (or can be set to forced in any way you want)
  • will work on any map that spawns a "Debug_static_F" (even unsupported maps, alltho you might need to add spawn locations)

i have already added spawn locations for altis, stratis, bornholm and chernarus any other map will ned custom locations added.

NOTE: a player that has already spawned or did not spawn in near the clone room, will NOT have the option to spawn, if you teleport there to test it, pls relog before clicking the scroll action on the console, or it will NOT show anything.

to install this you will need to download the attached files and add them to your mission, then add this line in your init.sqf (outside any if statements):

[] execVM "addons\halv_spawn\init.sqf";

now in description.ext add the very top:

if you already have a Halv_defines.hpp, then you can skip the step below, as you do not need another, infact your server will fail to load if you have more than one in description.ext!.

(but perhaps check when it was last edited and see if you perhaps need to update it).

if you do not have a Halv_defines.hpp, then you need to add this line:

#include "addons\halv_spawn\Halv_defines.hpp"

once you have the above line, add directly below it:

#include "addons\halv_spawn\spawndialog.hpp"

VERY IMPORTANT:

most text is translated to multiple languges, so put this file in the root folder of your mission.pbo along side with your init.sqf, mission.sqm and description.ext or NO text will be shown in ANY dialog EVEN ENGLISH!!!

http://pastebin.com/t3gYneqE <<== Stringtable.xml

you are now done, the rest is extra ...

if you want dead body check to work, you will need to install (or update) this:

if/when you have installed that, open up halv_fnc_playerdied.sqf and right after this:

if you want donor spawns to work, you will have to add your or whoever you want on the lists uid in spawn_settings.sqf like this:

//UID's for lvl 1 spawn's
_level1UIDs = ["12312453","12312453","12312453"];
//UID's for lvl 2 spawn's
_level2UIDs = ["12312453","12312453","12312453"];
//this is to allow any lvl 2 to spawn on lvl 1, comment out to seperate the two
_level1UIDs = _level1UIDs + _level2UIDs;

same goes for spawn_gear_settings.sqf, you will need to add your uid in both or only the one where you added yours will work.

besides that, please check ALL the settings files or for more info you can ask me here ... (but please refrain from stupid questins already answered in the settings files)

if you have infistar antihack, you will need to in run.sqf add this number here, like this:

_allowedDialogs = [-1,602];

to this:

_allowedDialogs = [-1,602,7777];

i do not currently have a good picture of the dialog, so if someone could share could pls one i can use?

I will not support changing this so players cannot get all items (including donor items) or locations on random spawns.

If you have problems with players killing themself to get better weapons/spawns, it means you have too good options for donors or only shit options for non donors, level it out instead of giving donors OP spawns!

have fun

regards

Halv

Link:

https://github.com/Halvhjearne/halv_spawn

Thanks again Halv, you rock man!

Free fallen or let the bodies hit the floor?

i have the new gui ready for gear selection and player halo select, it will be a lot nicer ... i just need to find a good way to add in gear selection now ... 

case "Tavi":{
		[
			[[8663,19647]],	
			[[10193,19019]],		
			[[8683,14830]],	
			[[11548,15308]],	
			[[15444,16250]],
			[[12655,11891]],	
			[[14012,12216]],
			[[15095,9674]],	
			[[17295,7478]],
			[[17613,6310]],
			[[9639,1752]],
			[[10604,6575]],
			[[3845,7194]]

]
	};

Does not work on Taviana,please, help

its cause there are no default teleporters, ill fix that soon ... for now change this line in the init:

_HALV_deftele = getArray(configFile >> "CfgEpoch" >> worldname >> "telePos");

to something simmular to the default arrays for altis, and it should work, (if you are spawning any default teleporters).

_HALV_deftele = [//change to your default teleporter cords
["Transport_C_EPOCH",[23600.5,18009,0.233421],"",[13326.5,14515.2,0.16426]],
["Transport_W_EPOCH",[23585.4,18000.7,0.233424],"",[6192.46,16834,0.00154114]],
["Transport_E_EPOCH",[23615.5,18000.9,0.233423],"",[18451.9,14278.1,0.00143814]]
];

as i already said, this is supported by any currently epoch supported map, but i could change it so it does not have to be dependend on the default teleporters to avoid the problem you have ...

Hey Halv,

Got it installed and on first test, Auth failed.

Shut down server and restarted.

I finally get in, the biometric scanners are there, but when selected I only see Panagia and when double clicked it zooms in the map.

I do have 3 added teleportals before this script.

I don't have any UID levels setup yet and cant find that array

most likely you use the version from my server?

if you did, then it will most certanly fail if you did not change the uid arrays, cause i use global vars that are undefined in your server, so look in start of spawn settings:

//UID's for lvl 1 spawn's
_level1UIDs = ["0"];
//UID's for lvl 2 spawn's
_level2UIDs = ["0"];
//this is to allow any lvl 2 to spawn on lvl 1, comment out to seperate the two
_level1UIDs = _level1UIDs + _level2UIDs;

Thank you

that fixed it for tavi for now?

i am also working on more translations aswell, if someone wants to contribute (or correct something):

http://pastebin.com/t3gYneqE

if you mean arrive in plane, i was gonna add that, when or if they add an actual plane that is not a fighter jet ...

Yes something like that. I added the Opereation Tebuchet (HALO MOD) to my Epoch Mission and try to integrade the Pod Airdrop also.

Here is a video of the system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzn8yHFR-7Q&feature=youtu.be&t=11s 

a3_epoch_server_settings работает Тави хорошо 

not running custom spawns 

case "Tavi" :{ 
        [ 
            [[ 8663 , 19647 ]]
        ] 
    };

Sorry for my bad English

i will update soon, to a version that is only dependent on "Debug_static_F" to be build, pls give me some time to change it a bit, then it should work for any map.

(might include the part i made for adding pictures on the walls)

a3_epoch_server_settings работает Тави хорошо 

not running custom spawns 

case "Tavi" :{ 
        [ 
            [[ 8663 , 19647 ]]
        ] 
    };

Sorry for my bad English

look in @epochhive\addons\a3_epoch_server_settings\configs\maps\tavi.h <---------------- must have

telePos[] = {{ "Transport_W_EPOCH", { 11560.5, 15315, 0.233429 }, "", { 8959.54, 3568.74, 0.0698853 } } // West

i have no problem to spawn on Taviana. Download my file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jn2i1u10e1ee7zs/my_config.rar?dl=0

look in @epochhive\addons\a3_epoch_server_settings\configs\maps\tavi.h <---------------- must have

telePos[] = {{ "Transport_W_EPOCH", { 11560.5, 15315, 0.233429 }, "", { 8959.54, 3568.74, 0.0698853 } } // West

i have no problem to spawn on Taviana. Download my file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jn2i1u10e1ee7zs/my_config.rar?dl=0

you can do this too, i just assumed people using unsupported maps made that file ... next version will support any map that builds a "Debug_static_F", if no teleporters are found it will just place some compared to how the postions are in the room of altis.

i already made this ready btw, and translated a lot of strings, pls any non english speaking check this and tell me if you see any errors:

i used google translate for some of this, so most likely some of the text is not right

Can someone upload a working version for Altis please as I can't get it to work from the download. What to do with this file > Stringtable.xml < ? Simply create a text file and rename it Stringtable.xml and drop it in your mission folder ?

Thanks in advance..

Can someone upload a working version for Altis please as I can't get it to work from the download. 

the version is working just fine, but most likely you did not follow the instructions right or you are using it with default antihack.

What to do with this file > Stringtable.xml < ? Simply create a text file and rename it Stringtable.xml and drop it in your mission folder ?

yes, thats it, but its only needed to add the text for halo jump for now, next version will include a lot of translations to Czech, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.

...next time i update you will HAVE to use that file or the menu will be unusable as most text will not show without it, however it will be very easy te edit translations or diffrent texts (in that file).

I get no mouseweel action to select the paracute and your edit on the first threat for this addition is empty  :ph34r:

its linked on first page

Edit:

forgot to add this file or you will not see the open chute scroll action on halo spawn:

more edit:

I translated a lot of strings, pls any non english speaking users check this and tell me if you see any errors:

i used google translate for some of this, so most likely some of the text is not right

http://pastebin.com/t3gYneqE <<== Stringtable.xml

put this in the root of your mission.pbo along with the init.sqf, mission.sqm and description.ext

again, next update, this file will be important, for now it just add the text for the scroll wheel action ... the action is there and works, but BIS forgot to add the string, so it shows once you added the stringtable