[WIP] Zombies for Arma 3 Epoch

Noahd99

Question

21 answers to this question

Whilst i love the idea of this unfortunately as Raymix said this is against Bohemia's licence on DayZ meaning it cannot be used publicly in any way shap or form, zombies is completely fine but you cannot, I REPEAT CANNOT use ANY DayZ code what so ever!

Here's the problem, bro:

https://www.bistudio.com/community/licenses

scroll down to Dayz mod

While I admit I'm interested, I don't see this working out well from a performance standpoint. We already can't keep the server FPS high enough with the limited number of antagonists in Epoch and 60 players. I can't imagine how having a few hundred AI zombies is going to run well on even a half full server though.

While I admit I'm interested, I don't see this working out well from a performance standpoint. We already can't keep the server FPS high enough with the limited number of antagonists in Epoch and 60 players. I can't imagine how having a few hundred AI zombies is going to run well on even a half full server though.

When i have been test running it everything is running smooth. But well im 1 person on the server so cant really tell if its compatible with 60-100 player servers... I can lower the spawn rate and make them only spawn around players, mening when player leaves town etc zombies disappear. If they doesnt run after you.

You cannot use anything from the DayZ mod files in anything but ArmA 2.

This includes models, skins, FSM and sqf code, animations, everything.

You can use models, code, textures etc from A2 OA / BAF / ACR / PMC / A2 in ArmA 3 though.  You would have to write the FSM / SQF code from scratch, build the animations and create the textures.  You would then have to tune it so it does not kill the server or client and improve on the original DayZ zombies.

It is a very big job, especially for one person which is one reason why a single person, to my knowledge, has really taken the task on.  The Breaking Point team had a bash at it with debatable results. 

I am sure there would be  a lot of people out there who would be extremely happy if you pulled it off though.

Here is a thought. BlackEagle posted a zombie script but never did nothing with it. Why not talk to him about using that and improving on it. He allowed someone to take over his mission system.

I know the guy on TS he is a good guy went on to develop another mod. There is nothing wrong with asking. He may even be able to help you in that adventure. Epoch is not the same with just AI running around. These things the Dev put in here are stupid if you ask me. I for one miss zombies. The SA is well...........

Running borhom ATM trying to. Off subject when you change maps you have to add Borholm to the command line config? Is there an order that has to be in? I am with GTX and they have a strict no help policy. LOL

02.07.2015 12:44:41: jus61 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - #34 " = 600;

SideZMB = createCenter civilian;
groupZMB = createGroup civilian;
sleep 0.1;
fncZcontact = compile preprocessFile "
Script Restriction  #34