Stary Trader Default Objects Duplicating in Map editor??

DirtyGranny

Question

Hi all,

I uploaded the default trader layout script from github and edited Stary Trader in the 3d map editor however when I load it up to the server, not all, but many of the new edit objects have disappeared.

I've noticed the default Stary Trader object layout has spawned instead, which includes the two basic barracks and two tents on the top side of the traders (refer to pic). I apologize if that's not clear, but basically the tents and trader objects reappear and all I'm left with is the outside walls of my edit.   

I suspect because the default object layout is being called up, my edit is being overridden or bounced away from the objects below as I'm trying to place objects over top of them? 

Q1) Can anyone confirm if there is another default trader layout being called up and where this might be?  

Q2) Are these barracks and tents stary trader default?   (If not then maybe i have other code causing this)

Q3) Can I set the LHD (Aircraft carrier) pieces together into the ground (acting as a platform)? If so what commands/codes will i need to add and where?

Q4) If i wanted to place a Land_radar object into a rock wall, what command/code and where to add?

Virtual hi fives and much appreciation for anyone who may be able to help!   

post-31503-0-52982700-1430403520_thumb.j

6 answers to this question

A1)Default traders objects are in mission.sqf in dayz_server.pbo --> Missions --> DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus

A2) Yes, this barracks and tents are default Stary Trader objects.

A3) Don't really understand ( poor english) But you need create this platform, later take coordinates of this places change it to correctly Arma coordinates ( I'm not really sure how it works) and in mission.sqf (Look A1) change this one skin of NPC to the you coordinates 

You need find something like that:

_unit_13 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createAgent ["Profiteer4", [11449.484, 11341.03, -9.1552734e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _unit_13 = _this;
  _this setDir 34.525925;
  _this setVehicleInit "this allowDammage false; this disableAI 'FSM'; this disableAI 'MOVE'; this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; this disableAI 'TARGET'; this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; this forceSpeed 0;";
  _this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
  _this allowDammage false; _this disableAI 'FSM'; _this disableAI 'MOVE'; _this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _this disableAI 'TARGET'; _this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _this forceSpeed 0;_this enableSimulation false;};

And change this:

_this = createAgent ["Profiteer4", [11449.484, 11341.03, -9.1552734e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

and

_this setDir 34.525925; // This is rotation of NPC

A4) Never try, sorry can't help you, have a nice day :)

A3) Yes you can, a lot of patience will be required regardless if you do it free-hand or if you want to use AttachTo command and figure out the attachment points.

A4) I have no idea how that land_radar looks ingame but i'm asuming it's a building so just set it in one place, rise it up in 3d editor and move into the rocks. You might need to save and move that object a couple of times for it to be in your desired place but it's easy.

A1)Default traders objects are in mission.sqf in dayz_server.pbo --> Missions --> DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus

A2) Yes, this barracks and tents are default Stary Trader objects.

A3) Don't really understand ( poor english) But you need create this platform, later take coordinates of this places change it to correctly Arma coordinates ( I'm not really sure how it works) and in mission.sqf (Look A1) change this one skin of NPC to the you coordinates 

You need find something like that:

_unit_13 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _unit_13 = _this;
  _this setDir 34.525925;
  _this setVehicleInit "this allowDammage false; this disableAI 'FSM'; this disableAI 'MOVE'; this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; this disableAI 'TARGET'; this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; this forceSpeed 0;";
  _this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
  _this allowDammage false; _this disableAI 'FSM'; _this disableAI 'MOVE'; _this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _this disableAI 'TARGET'; _this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _this forceSpeed 0;_this enableSimulation false;};

And change this:

and

_this setDir 34.525925; // This is rotation of NPC

A4) Never try, sorry can't help you, have a nice day :)

Thank you IvertizPL for your assistance, I really appreciate the help! 

I have looked through the mission.sqf but couldn't see anything obvious however ill take another gander through for those tents and try remove. 

Many thanks!

DG

A3) Yes you can, a lot of patience will be required regardless if you do it free-hand or if you want to use AttachTo command and figure out the attachment points.

A4) I have no idea how that land_radar looks ingame but i'm asuming it's a building so just set it in one place, rise it up in 3d editor and move into the rocks. You might need to save and move that object a couple of times for it to be in your desired place but it's easy.

Thank you Antichrist - Re A3, I have already set it in position but unfortunately when it saves it bounces out of place a little and when i upload to server it disappears altogether, but in the 3d editor it looks straight and sweet.

Re A4, thats exactly what i have done but again when i upload to server it disappears altogether.

Seems like i have to sort out this duplicating caper first and that might allow the 3d edit to stick in the server..

Many thanks!

DG

You might want to use this init line to get everything in exact places and perfectly straight though manual alignment will be required if you're not using attachTo command

this setPosASL [getPosASL this select 0, getPosASL this select 1, 999]; this setVectorUp [0,0,0.1];

999 number is altitude above sea and not land

As for attachTo command, it works like this

_vehicle_0 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["MAP_molo_krychle", [2034.6492, 11666.146, 1.5258789e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_0 = _this;
  _this setVehicleVarName "part1";
  part1 = _this;
  _this setVehicleInit "part1 attachto [part2,[19.94,0,0]]; this setPosASL [getPosASL this select 0, getPosASL this select 1, 244]; this setVectorUp [0,0,0.1];";
  _this setPos [2034.6492, 11666.146, 1.5258789e-005];
};

_vehicle_1 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["MAP_molo_krychle", [2033.2712, 11651.922], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_1 = _this;
  _this setVehicleVarName "part2";
  part2 = _this;
  _this setVehicleInit "this setPosASL [getPosASL this select 0, getPosASL this select 1, 244]; this setVectorUp [0,0,0.1];";
  _this setPos [2033.2712, 11651.922];
};

_vehicle_2 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["MAP_molo_krychle", [2072.8267, 11652.122, -3.0517578e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_2 = _this;
  _this setVehicleVarName "part3";
  part3 = _this;
  _this setVehicleInit "part3 attachto [part1,[19.94,0,0]]; this setPosASL [getPosASL this select 0, getPosASL this select 1, 244]; this setVectorUp [0,0,0.1];";
  _this setPos [2072.8267, 11652.122, -3.0517578e-005];
};

basically in 3D editor you place your pieces down and while doing so you give each piece a name and then start working the offset at which they will meet

part1 attachto [part2,[19.94,0,0]]

Some helpful links:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/PositionASL

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/PositionATL

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/attachTo