[script] Instant Respawn

Gr8

Question

Hello there,

I am working on a little thing that will allow players to respawn after death without going back to the loading screen. Just like A3 Epoch.

But i need your help.

Steps :

1. Death
  2. Black Out
  3. New Character TP to debug
  4. Count Down to Respawn
  5. Respawn or execute spawn selector

Features :

• No new character data field
  • Reset Life stats
  • Bring Blood back to 1200 after respawn
  • No respawn by logging back from the lobby

That's all i can think of as of now. I am no coder. But I know what it should be a function that we need to code in player_death.sqf

Shoot me ideas and i will test em. Should be pretty simple, might have to change some stuff in server compiles

On 05.05.2015 at 7:53 AM, Gr8 said:

I have been busy lately, but i am getting back on this.

I have checked in with ebay, who is helping me work this out. I will need to reset some global variables, and edit the ESS spawn script along the way.

Thank you for answer, how I can find dami? 

On 23/02/2016 at 4:41 PM, Linux said:

Thank you for answer, how I can find dami? 

Get your server high enough on gametracker and he will find you.

But don't be fooled. It ain't a one time fee. Pay up or get rekt, I had to find out the hard way. 2k.  :angry:

Edit - PM me for more info, but you really don't want to deal with this guy. You have been warned.

On 22/02/2016 at 7:25 AM, Linux said:

So is it working?

There is a similar script by Donnovan that works. Seems to be reports of not working with an anti-hack though, shouldn't be that hard to allow with antihacks.

3 hours ago, Joshyy said:

There is a similar script by Donnovan that works. Seems to be reports of not working with an anti-hack though, shouldn't be that hard to allow with antihacks.

Donnovan make a good work, but this is another thing. This script allown reSpawn player after deatch with pause on 5 seconds. Is working nice without InfiStar. 

With Donnovan's script working nice, but have a problem like black screen 15 second's on every reSpawn.

16 hours ago, Linux said:

Donnovan make a good work, but this is another thing. This script allown reSpawn player after deatch with pause on 5 seconds. Is working nice without InfiStar. 

With Donnovan's script working nice, but have a problem like black screen 15 second's on every reSpawn.

In Donnovans player_death.sqf

remove this 

----------------------------------------------

for  "_x" from 5 to 1 step -1 do {
    titleText [format["Reborn in %1 seconds.", _x], "PLAIN DOWN", 1];
    sleep 1;
};

--------------------------------------------

Then the 5 second countdown is gone.

25 minutes ago, Joshyy said:

In Donnovans player_death.sqf

remove this 

----------------------------------------------

for  "_x" from 5 to 1 step -1 do {
    titleText [format["Reborn in %1 seconds.", _x], "PLAIN DOWN", 1];
    sleep 1;
};

--------------------------------------------

Then the 5 second countdown is gone.

not this, is writing text while player watch to deatch screen. Then 15 seconds black screen and then reSpawn.

24 minutes ago, Linux said:

not this, is writing text while player watch to deatch screen. Then 15 seconds black screen and then reSpawn.

The 15 second wait is because it is running the starting scripts and it also waits for your character to fully be loaded with the server (Can take some time dependent on your player count and the amount of times you have respawned).
I have noticed that using ESS slows down the loading time considerably. If you use ESS or ESSv2 then try disabling it and checking how fast it will load you in.

20 minutes ago, Joshyy said:

The 15 second wait is because it is running the starting scripts and it also waits for your character to fully be loaded with the server (Can take some time dependent on your player count and the amount of times you have respawned).
I have noticed that using ESS slows down the loading time considerably. If you use ESS or ESSv2 then try disabling it and checking how fast it will load you in.

this method creating a new character in DB, if use instant respawn - player gear and other parametrs at nil, i use this. But have a problems with AntiHack, is kiling player pn reSpawn all the time.

Just now, Linux said:

this method creating a new character in DB, if use instant respawn - player gear and other parametrs at nil, i use this. But have a problems with AntiHack, is kiling player pn reSpawn all the time.

What sorts of problems are you having?
I can see that people have posted that it works for admins and not for players?

3 minutes ago, Joshyy said:

What sorts of problems are you having?
I can see that people have posted that it works for admins and not for players?

is working only for admin, but player's can't reSpawn, they get killed and kicking at lobby, log is clear\