Regarding AH

spartan

Having recently had a hacker/sciddy come into my server has brought the subject of hacking to mind.

From what I have been able to find out so far about hacking scripts most rely on an unused key to initiate a hack menu.

With that in mind would it be possible with Epoch AH to invalidate or kick illegal key presses, I believe this feature was available on other AH software and should help server owners to protect their players from sciddies.

I believe as Epoch becomes more widespread hacking will become more common so attention to this problem now will be beneficial.

Hi!

We've got an Arma3 Epoch server hosted by GTX and yesterday we've got troubles with a cheater (or mayby it was a hacker).
I hope my engish is good enough to describe the issue. Ok, so here comes the story....

Because of massive problems with players get kicked by script restrictions since the Epoch update to 0.3.0.1 and because some players BattlEye triggers an unexpected disconnect (client not responding) we've decidet to deactivate BE. So we got running Infistar only.

Yesterday a cheater joines to our server an uses some "hacks" like teleporting, spawn weapons, ammo, etc. Banning him by using Infistar wasn't possible (I think because we had BE switched off). So I tried to use the console command "#exec ban 1234545678...(PlayerID)" but this didn't work too. There is no entry to find about this player in the bans.txt or epoch - bans.txt. The only way to get this cheater out of our server was to shut down it for a while.

Because of these issues I've decidet to activate BE again and switched some filters from "7" and "5" (= Kick/log) to "3" (= log only) because of players get kicked by script restrictions again.

After that I tried to ban the cheater by using the "#exec ban PlayerID" command again but it looks like, this has still not not working. I can't find any entries which are telling me that the cheater is banned now. I tried to kick an other player for testing if the commands are working but it doesn't had any effect.

Because of all this issues I've got these following questions:

1. Why these commands (I've found it here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Multiplayer_Server_Commands)are not working? Do I have to use the "#login adminPW" first to use other commands or am I automaticly logged in as an administrator? (In the configuration of the server I am registered as an administrator)

2. Do these commands working without having an active BE on the server?

3. Why I wasn't able to ban the cheater with Infistar? I've selected/spectated him and choose Ban for hacking, but nothing happends and the tool told me there is no target selectes ore something like this.

4. Is it possible to ban players by using Infistar without having an active BE on the server?

... In your Battleye filters (take Scripts.txt for example) and put everything to 3 at the start, this will log all the issues that would cause kicks, then after a day or 2 go in, and then bulk write exceptions from players you trust so you know the exceptions are legit. then put it all back to 7 again and have them kicked :)

I don't even have a log file for Scripts.txt as there are no exceptions left to write. if you need a hand with exceptions let me know