Stolen vechicle

Tomthumb

Hi guys, bit disheartened to be honest, played for 6 hours. and been collecting items to build a base and what not.

Drive into the safe zone, LOCK vechicle.

wounder in sell some bits, buy some bits.

come out and just unlock the car take 1 item, lock it again. run about 20 meters, my car is in full get away mode. Cant shoot it. its gone.

someone took the scumbag oppertunity to take it with everything in it.

it was locked. can he get out of it?

also why the hell could the car be drive when i immobilized it?

just fed up with it really. takes so long to achive anything.

ready to quit tell me somthing good here.

Welcome to Dayz... err..wait.. Ohhhh. Disregard that.

Most servers have rules about that type of thing at the "safe" traders.

Otherwise, thems the ropes in a sandbox game with minimal rules. It's also a major part of the charm of these types of games.  :D

no admins on the server you can tell your problems?

Perhaps they will help

yea. i play a pacifist. I don't shoot unless i have too so, it hurts more when your trying to be a nice character. I was on the server..

[GER] MADHOUSE EPOCH [0.3.0.2  1.42  EPIC CUSTOMIZATIONS]

been at it for days i play as Thumber.

sucks :/

i play dayz, i dont want that on here. if i wanted to i could shoot on sight very good at it. I like the interations more.

The dumbest thing you can do is take a fully loaded vehicle to a spawn zone trader. I mean seriously there are 50 plus traders on the map but you think it's a good idea to go to the one pooping out fresh spawns like no tomorrow? Lesson learned I hope on your part, it's a survival game (depending on the server setup) so use your brain.

i think the point is immobilisers don't work. the car still worked when it was locked. it needs to be changed.

You miss the point , as long as a player is in a vehicle it will "operate" . You can't " immobilize it" by locking it . He/she was hiding on the other side when you returned for your second trip and entered the moment you unlocked it ( not that I've ever done that ) so locking it again was pointless . Just in case you needed help connecting the dots . :lol:

As far as i know you can't lock a vehicle while someone is in it

THIS!

So it likely never locked the second time.  You just thought it locked, and the thief drove away.  If losing your stuff has you ready to quit, maybe you should.  Just being honest here...  No shame and I'm not poking fun at all; if it hurts that much this isn't going to be an enjoyable experience for you so save yourself the stress and frustration.

yes you can lock it when someones in it. i can easily prove this if i could get fraps working and had a vehicle. . try it yourself.

once you lock it, it should not be driven. anyway. its easy to get pissy with a game when you put all day in it and someone takes it all away.

I did lock it. i was aware of the risks. and maybe it should properly immobilize it like in real life.

As far as i know you can't lock a vehicle while someone is in it

there is a glitch when it happens sometimes. I once locked myself in a car and many weeks later, one of my friends, He didn't even notice it since I unlocked it instantly. But it is possible.

there is a glitch when it happens sometimes. I once locked myself in a car and many weeks later, one of my friends, He didn't even notice it since I unlocked it instantly. But it is possible.

yeah i know of the glitches, But in most scenarios like above it's highly unlikely

yes you can lock it when someones in it. i can easily prove this if i could get fraps working and had a vehicle. . try it yourself.

once you lock it, it should not be driven. anyway. its easy to get pissy with a game when you put all day in it and someone takes it all away.

I did lock it. i was aware of the risks. and maybe it should properly immobilize it like in real life.

I believe you're thinking of Dayz Epoch.  In Dayz it was possible to lock your car with someone in it.  It did immobilize the vehicle.  So far in A3 Epoch I have not been able to lock a vehicle with someone it.  Not once.  If you are able to do it, must be a bug or the exception, but not the norm.