Getting kicked using addons

tigger

Question

I am trying to install some custom vehicles to my dayz.st server. I created a public/private key pair, dayz.st admin installed the public key to the keys directory. 

Then I uploaded the .pbo and .pbo.key.bisign files to the server /addon directory, installed them on the client, and added the pbos into missions.sqm in dayz_missions.pbo.

After trying to connect I connect for maybe 5 seconds and then get kicked "You were kicked off the server". In the logs I can see a message that the signature check on the new pbos failed.

Anyone has a clue how to get around this? Note that if I really have bad signature, or if the public key is not installed, I get a different error- a pop-up window telling me I need to get correct signature or install the key. This one is just "you were kicked off...".

3 answers to this question

So if I'm reading correctly you modified your client files (@Dayz_Epoch directory)? If thats the case then there is your problem. the server compares its own file signatures against the players, if the signatures don't match, you get kicked for signature check.

Just use the unmodified client files, both on server as on client side, if you want to modify client files, it's best to do this through your mission pbo.