Epoch will be replaced soon by this if things dont change

sparrow8332

Personally I think no other games have graphics that look as crisp as A3 and non of those have the one big advantage that A3 Epoch has, the ability to shape and customise the base game it is simply beyond compare in that respect.

Gta V and say skyrim absolutely DEMOLISH the graphics of the arma engine. Then we have the witcher 3, new batman ( both getting a immediate DX12 patch upon there launches ) whereas I'd be shocked if either arma 3 or even the stand alone received upgrades to DX12.

Arma and its mods are awesome but don't get carried away.

Arma can do all of features shown in the video apart from voxel terrains. But then again matrix terrains have other advantages over voxels - like size and quality. Try adding a modified (not randomly generated) 10 sqKm map on that engine, it will crap out and give you middle finger, even UDK and Cryengine hits their limits there. When it comes to Arma, you can multiply that number several times, then several times again if you feel like you are up for a TB challenge.

When it comes down to "features", everything can be implemented, the whole A3 game can be revamped starting from main menu to custom DLLs, with some minor hardcoded classnames that cannot be changed, but nothing is stopping you from making your own.

Bro, if you think Epoch is limited by something that minor, I can tell you have not a slightest idea how this engine works. It just comes down to time,  resources, experience and probably team size.

Gta V and say skyrim absolutely DEMOLISH the graphics of the arma engine. Then we have the witcher 3, new batman ( both getting a immediate DX12 patch upon there launches ) whereas I'd be shocked if either arma 3 or even the stand alone received upgrades to DX12.

Arma and its mods are awesome but don't get carried away.

As I said that is my personal opinion and I stand by it clearly beauty is in the eye of the beholder as no other game has lured me away.

will be a shame but arma is not the future for epoch unless something major happens soon . games like this are popping up with so much better features that arma would never allow epoch to have

http://store.steampowered.com/app/290080/

I guess you would be better spending time looking for another game/mod to play rather than ranting in a non-contructive way.

if the game is not to your liking, simply move on......

(my tuppence worth)

I guess you would be better spending time looking for another game/mod to play rather than ranting in a non-contructive way.

if the game is not to your liking, simply move on......

(my tuppence worth)

say that to everyone that has a rant over glitches and say goodbye to epoch, That attitude will be the death off what was once an epic mod

Version 0.3.0.2 means the mod is 30% complete, you can't moan a mod only 1 third completed isn't perfect, it's bleeding obvious it's not perfect, cause it's not yet finished :lol:

a complete retard can understand that richie ( no offence intended )   and thats not the issue - the issue is their have been 3 x updates since this glitch was announced and still no fix, just like standalone worked - add more stuff fix less and thats not how epoch ran nor is it how they should run

Epoch bugs and glitches are far from being game breaking than say, DayZ SA for example.

Of course I died a few times due to Arma 3 glitches, like suddenly warping through textures, get this "levitating in the air" glitch, try to vault to escape from it and then die.. And of course, other major bug is vehicles exploding, but there are ways to avoid it right now (my current ONE WEIRD TRICK - get in as co-pilot and take over the controls, success chance 100 percent so far).

Other than that, this game offers so much that you can basically ignore all the bugs and glitches, I seriously don't even notice them now (except helis exploding, but I am starting to think it is just Arma 3 feature).

a complete retard can understand that richie ( no offence intended )   and thats not the issue - the issue is their have been 3 x updates since this glitch was announced and still no fix, just like standalone worked - add more stuff fix less and thats not how epoch ran nor is it how they should run

LOL.  I bet said complete retard would know that lots of bugs don't get fixed until beta either.  So if a complete retard could understand all this, what does that make you?