Exploding Choppers

sparrow8332

what you all mean simulation desimulation? I read about it some time ago, but can someone expand? How does it relate to vehicles exploding when you GET in? Yeah I know about this other bug, where helicopters explode when you get closer to them (either a freshspawn or a heli sitting at someone's base), saw it multiple times and the most recent one happened to me, I parked my heli right beside my base. Logged out, logged in after restart and that same second I hear explosion.. Do I need to mention it was hellcat too? Screw hellcats, really.

You been on the forum long enough and should know about the two things you can do to ensure your shit doesn't blow up at restarts. As far as the "getting in and it blows up"  there is no official fix and the way BI is dogging it gives the impression their either don't care or can't fix it otherwise they would have.

You been on the forum long enough and should know about the two things you can do to ensure your shit doesn't blow up at restarts. As far as the "getting in and it blows up"  there is no official fix and the way BI is dogging it gives the impression their either don't care or can't fix it otherwise they would have.

You misunderstood, I am not complaining, I just mentioned the example with hellcat because these choppers seem to explode on me all the time, but since I found a fix (getting in as co-pilot always and taking over the controls and no heli exploded on me so far), I no longer am bothered too much about it. I now only hate when helicopters vanish for no reason and it happens as frequently as them blowing up.

I just wanted to know more about desimulation thing.

You misunderstood, I am not complaining, I just mentioned the example with hellcat because these choppers seem to explode on me all the time, but since I found a fix (getting in as co-pilot always and taking over the controls and no heli exploded on me so far), I no longer am bothered too much about it. I now only hate when helicopters vanish for no reason and it happens as frequently as them blowing up.

Those would be the ones you see explode as you fly over :lol:

I just wanted to know more about desimulation thing.

i've still had  helis blow up from getting in to the co pilot seat first!!

so it's just as much a fix as shooting before getting in. witch has never blow up on me so far.

Those would be the ones you see explode as you fly over :lol:

nope, they are not the same. I have multiple times, logged out before restart by placing my heli on the ground, log in right after restart, and it is GONE. No explosion no nothing. If it did explode, I would have heared the sound and see the carcass of the heli right beside me (which happened few times too), but they just vanish for no reason.

i've still had  helis blow up from getting in to the co pilot seat first!!

so it's just as much a fix as shooting before getting in. witch has never blow up on me so far.

not just co-pilot seat, but taking over the controls and flying it as co-pilot. Actually it is the only way I fly my helis right now. Maybe you got in as co-pilot but didn't take over controls, maybe you took over controls but did not start the engine. Maybe you did start the engine but got out and got in as normal pilot and it exploded. Just too many variables.

Personally, I am far from a lucky person, and I doubt that my helis just randomly stopped exploding on me when I started flying them as co-pilot, and I did it for over a week now. I don't want to sound like some snake-oil salesman though, but I do pray a little before getting into the chopper too..Just a tiny bit.

not just co-pilot seat, but taking over the controls and flying it as co-pilot. Actually it is the only way I fly my helis right now. Maybe you got in as co-pilot but didn't take over controls, maybe you took over controls but did not start the engine. Maybe you did start the engine but got out and got in as normal pilot and it exploded. Just too many variables.

Personally, I am far from a lucky person, and I doubt that my helis just randomly stopped exploding on me when I started flying them as co-pilot, and I did it for over a week now. I don't want to sound like some snake-oil salesman though, but I do pray a little before getting into the chopper too..Just a tiny bit.

of course i'd take over the controls lol but i was intending to fly from the co pilot seat but couldn't because boom soon as i got in the seat, so all your variables dont even come in to play if it still blows up soon as you get in!!

ive tryed loads of different ways to get round this. so far shooting it seems to be the best way as ive not had a single heli blow up since doing this. not one heli has gone boom in about 4 months

of course i'd take over the controls lol but i was intending to fly from the co pilot seat but couldn't because boom soon as i got in the seat, so all your variables dont even come in to play if it still blows up soon as you get in!!

ive tryed loads of different ways to get round this. so far shooting it seems to be the best way as ive not had a single heli blow up since doing this. not one heli has gone boom in about 4 months

weird, cause from my experience I never had a heli explode since I started doing it. And I no longer shoot at them, since it didn't work for me in the past. I noticed one thing, is that when I get in to the chopper as co-pilot and as soon as I take over controls, the heli "resets" slightly, like this usual sound of it falling down a bit and that's it. I'd like some more confirmation from other people who have helis exploding on them and start doing with "co-pilot taking over controls" method.

Because there was this one time when I jump into the heli either as a passenger or co-pilot but do not take over control and then get out and get in as a pilot, it exploded. I really have no idea what would be causing it. Thanks for the info though, I will impatiently wait for an occasion when it does infact explode on me while doing it my way. Then I can safely assume there is absolutely no fix, no shooting, no placing vehicles north not entering as co-pilot, it all becomes just luck.

My crew and I have tried the "co-pilot" theory. It makes no difference. The helis still explode.

We have tried repair kits, multitool repairs makes no difference.

We have even tried first aid kits, moist wipes etc.. so that we are not damaged/soiled or toxic when entering the helis, makes no difference.

Yesterday just got myself first explosion with my "co-pilot" trick :) Jumped into fresh mohawk as co-pilot and as soon as I took over the controls - boom. So yeah, this seems to not work. Like any other imaginable method already tried, shooting, facing north, praying, voodoo and other stuff.

However, it is obvious now at least to me, that it is related to the heli somehow getting triggered when you are a pilot with control. They never explode when you are a passenger or something.

P.S. yeah I was thinking about this repair trick but it is obvious it WON'T work because the heli is not damaged. You have to get in for some magic simulation to begin and once you get in as a pilot or co-pilot with taken over controls - it gets instantly damaged. Or maybe it somehow get's teleported into thei air in that split second and drops very fast so you can not even see it or notice it. Don't know.

But now I know, no fix there at all.