Is the beta still required? DayZCommander is jacked up...

Chris9183

Question

Just wondering if I still need to get the beta installed. Seems like all tutorials call for using Dayzcommander to get the mod and beta up to date, but Dayzcommander is abandoned and doesn't download those things properly anymore. I see where steam has an option to download an Arma 2 OA Beta but it says (Obsolete) next to it.

So do I just need to download Arma 2, and Arma 2 OA, or do I also need to get the obsolete beta with those to make a server?

Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Maybe that's what I've been doing wrong then. I was always able to set up a server with no problem...but now for some reason after I set up a server and try connecting, I get the "downloadable content has been deleted" error. I had the beta included with the server directory...hopefully that's the issue. I'll update this thread soon...

Unfortunately, no go...still getting the "downloadable content has been deleted" error when I try connecting to my server. My server was made with the latest A2 and A2OA builds.

I followed this guide the first time: 

and still got the error.

This time I followed this guide: 

but still getting the same error.

Are these guides outdated or something? Is there a new guide out there to get one of these servers going? I used to run a server last year and that YouTube guide I posted above always worked, but now I'm getting the error every time. The server console says "Player uses modified data file" when I try connecting, but the data in my game directory is an exact copy of the data in my server's directory.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm also able to connect to other people's servers, just not my own. So it's clearly something wrong with my server, but I don't have a clue what it is...I followed those guides very closely.

@echo off
echo ===============================
echo Server Name Goes Here
echo --------------------------------
echo --------------------------------
echo ===============================
echo Join the server in .....
timeout 5

::Config | Edit to fit your needs
::---> ===============================================================================================================================================
:: Your Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Directory
set arma2oapath=D:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead
:: Your Arma 2 Directory
set arma2path=D:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\Arma 2
:: Server IP
set IP=???.???.???.???
:: Server Port
set PORT=????
:: Required Mods [ Ex. @Taviana;@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch; ]
set MODS=PUT YOUR SERVER MODS HERE

:: DO NOT EDIT THE LINES BELOW
::===============================================================================================================================================

start "" "%arma2oapath%\ArmA2OA_BE.exe" 0 0 -skipintro -mod=%MODS% -noSplash -noFilePatching -world=empty -connect=%IP% -port=%PORT% "-mod=%arma2path%;expansion;"

@exit

Just use a batch file. A lot less messing around.