[Release] Spawn Selection Dialog Menu - v1.0

sparrow8332

If your sensor isn't working you won't see the menu, that's what triggers it to pop up :)

But isn't it triggered? In the right corner of the picture i posted it says "you are in the clone room" isn't that from the sensor?

Thanks for helping me with this..

Well mine works fine and it's after the markers, try it ? it's only a block of code you cut and paste

If your sensor isn't working you won't see the menu, that's what triggers it to pop up :)

The menu pops up, its just that there is no map on it, and it doesn't work lol, it lets me click, then it goes off, gives me the male or female option, then i am in the spawn room like nothing has happened!

should onPlayerRespawn.sqf (on github) be like this :

iif (isNil "inSpawnPoint") then 
{
inSpawnPoint = false;
};
uiSleep 5;
waitUntil { inSpawnPoint };
createDialog "spaz_spawn";
noesckey = (findDisplay 8332) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown", "if ((_this select 1) == 1) then { true }"];

or like this (as it says in instructions) : 

iif (isNil "inSpawnPoint") then 
{
inSpawnPoint = false;
};
uiSleep 5;
[] execVM "SGS\init\Spaz_Spawn.sqf";
noesckey = (findDisplay 8332) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown", "if ((_this select 1) == 1) then { true }"];

???

Ok this is my instructions for getting this working. Took me a while with a few prompts (Thanks Richie) and its running now

1) Download the zip from Sparrow's GIThub

2) Edit the map in the images folder in an art program with your spawn locations (the map that corresponds to your server) and save it over the original file (don't change the name)

3) Download your PBO from the server (or open the one you have on your PC) I like to grab the open from the server so I know it’s up to date)

4) Extract the PBO into the map file Epoch.Altis for example

5) Copy from the GIThub download
        - Spaz_Spawn.sqf
        - Spaz_spawn.hpp
        - onPlayerRespawn.sqf (or merge it with yours if you have one)

+ Read point 7) in a minute
        - Images folder (you should have edited your map and saved it over the original that sits in that folder)

6) Open Spaz_Spawn.sqf and put in your spawn locations. (Example)
            Bornholm_Spawn_North                             = [3516.31,17886.3,0.00151825];
            Bornholm_Spawn_South                             = [15296.9,163.178,0.00105];
            Bornholm_Spawn_East                               = [13281.8,12691.9,0.00137055];
            Bornholm_Spawn_West                              = [792.478,7133.28,0.00152135];
            Bornholm_Spawn_Central                           = [9367.02,8402.27,0.00139618];

7) Open onPlayerRespawn.sqf and make sure it looks like this

if (isNil "inSpawnPoint") then
{
                inSpawnPoint = false;
};
uiSleep 5;
[] execVM "Spaz_Spawn.sqf";

8) Go into your mission sqm and look for the number in green for respawn_west below and note it down

class Markers
    {
        items = 10;
        class Item0
        {
            position[] = {14939.934,0.053499073,15083.272};
            name = "center";
            type = "Empty";
        };
        class Item1
        {
            position[] = {23600.639,3.19,18000.72};
            name = "respawn_east";
            type = "Empty";
        };
        class Item2
        {

position[] = {23600.611,3.19,18000.768};
            name = "respawn_west";
            type = "Empty";
        };

9) put the red text below above Markers in your mission.sqm (i put it after and it did not work) and make sure the number you noted in green in point 8 and make sure it matches the blue text below

class Item99
        {
            side = "CIV";
            class Vehicles
            {
                items = 1;
                class Item0
                {
                    position[] = {23605.094,3.19,17998.143};
                    azimut = 130.016;
                    special = "NONE";
                    id = 99;
                    side = "CIV";
                    vehicle = "VirtualMan_EPOCH";
                    player = "PLAY CDG";
                    leader = 1;
                    skill = 0.6;
                };
            };
        };
    };

class Sensors
{
        items=1;
        class Item0
        {
            position[] = {
23600.611,3.19,18000.768}; //respawn_west Location
            a = 10;
            b = 10;
            activationBy = "ANY";
            repeating = 1;
            interruptable = 1;
            age = "UNKNOWN";
            name = "SPAWNPOINT";
            expCond = "(player distance SPAWNPOINT) < 10;";
            expActiv = "hint ""You are in the clone room""; inSpawnPoint = true;";
            expDesactiv = "inSpawnPoint = false;";
            class Effects{};
        };
}

class Markers
    {
        items = 3;
        class Item0
        {
            position[] = {14939.934,0.053499073,15083.272};
            name = "center";
            type = "Empty";

10) Go into your Description.ext in your mission file and put the text in purple below right at the top of that file

#include "spaz_spawn.hpp"
#include "infiSTAR_AdminMenu.hpp"

author = "ASM Gamers";
class Header

......shut down your server......

11) put your epoch.Altis or epoch.Whatever folder back into a PBO and upload it to the server

12) Add your battleye exceptions as per Post #32 by cen

.......power the server on and test......

Azz

Hi guys,

thanks for the work and thank you Liqu1dShadow for pointing out how you get this running.

For me everything works fine, but after a server restart every player can select their spawnpoint again. The menu pops up right where they loged out.

Is there a way to only show this menu when a player spawns in the cloneroom or only after death / first conect ?

My onPlayerRespawn.sqf looks like this:

{
inSpawnPoint = false;
};
uiSleep 5;
[] execVM "Spaz_Spawn.sqf";

But i did not had a onPlayerRespawn.sqf before. Do i have to call it in the init first ? Or is it used just by putting it in the missions folder ?

Thanks for you support

Kind Regards

mumys

i have a few ideas and a basic framework to fix the above problem, make this way more flexible, work with any map (default spawns by default), add more (custom) spawns, add halo jump option, add some items to the player on spawn, special admin/donor spawns, not to mention getting rid of the sensor and that pesky displayAddEventHandler so we can block hack keybinds while using this.

basicly i would like to create something simmular to ebays essv2 ...

but ...

personally i lack the skills to define these displays, so i was currently using an auto generating scroll menu instead ... however i can see from your code that you lack the necessary skills i have to write the actual backend for this (wich i can do without many problems), so i was gonna ask if you want to collaborate on this and make it a bit like essv2 was in arma 2 ...?

i have a few ideas and a basic framework to fix the above problem, make this way more flexible, work with any map (default spawns by default), add more (custom) spawns, add halo jump option, add some items to the player on spawn, special admin/donor spawns, not to mention getting rid of the sensor and that pesky displayAddEventHandler so we can block hack keybinds while using this.

basicly i would like to create something simmular to ebays essv2 ...

but ...

personally i lack the skills to define these displays, so i was currently using an auto generating scroll menu instead ... however i can see from your code that you lack the necessary skills i have to write the actual backend for this (wich i can do without many problems), so i was gonna ask if you want to collaborate on this and make it a bit like essv2 was in arma 2 ...?

sure thing mate.

as for the respawn issue off the menu coming up after re-log or server restart check your sensor as it checks if in spawn zone and if so then will show menu but if not then no menu is shown. 

this is my sensor :  Bornholm

class Item0
		{
			position[] = {8886.766,102.1,9097.741};
			a = 10;
			b = 10;
			activationBy = "ANY";
			repeating = 1;
			interruptable = 1;
			age = "UNKNOWN";
			name = "SPAWNPOINT";
			expCond = "(player distance SPAWNPOINT) < 10;";
			expActiv = "hint ""Receiving clone...""; inSpawnPoint = true; [] spawn {call SPAZ_SPAWN_lOADOUT;";
			expDesactiv = "inSpawnPoint = false;";
			class Effects{};
		};

and my onplayerrespawn.sqf

{
	inSpawnPoint = false;
};
uiSleep 1;

compare  with yours and hopefully you will spot any difference