F.A.Q. - BASES - security/raiding/looting - please contribute

Ynox

Hello,

This post should help users that are looking for answers and have something unclear with the BASE RAIDING techniques.

I will edit the 1st post to keep the answers up to date. 

"This way" - Ill mention topics that could help specify what I mean by the question deeper and also show you I know now and am not 100% sure of

1.) Essential for BASE BUILDing is the Frequency JAMMER, it reserves a certain area wher only the owner of the FREQUENCY JAMMER is able to build, correct?

Yes, this is correct and TRUE.

2.) The FREQUENCY JAMMER can be destroyed, correct?

Yes, this is correct and TRUE, BUT: it may take an HUGE (~20) amount of expolosice satchels to do so, and even this may vary from server to server. In addition, dont forget to check the rules, its a big difference between lootin, and stealing/destroying...

3.) What happens if an FREQUENCY JAMMER is destroyed?

- can I move with the walls? and get in without any trouble?

True.

- can I place my own near and "take over" the base? Use it as my own?

True. Yet check rules.

4.) Can WALLS be destroyed?

Yes they can, so TRUE.

5.) What is the toughest building material and what the weakest?

- when thinking over which part to strike, where to start? Cinder? Steel? Wood?

Use common sense: Wood is the easiest to destroy - Cinderblocks the hardest.

6.) What is the best way to destroy a wall?

- satchel charge? how many for which wall?

- mine? grenade? any weapons?

Basicly anything tha does 'damage' works, it may vary how much needed from wall to wall and from server to server, just try it out, but satchel charges are the most powerfull and prepare at least few (5+) for your attack.

SCENARIOS:

1. I have a chopper and find a nice base, noone in sight, I land inside, place a satchel charge, blow off the frequency jammer, place my own and voila the place is mine. Possible?

Well... No. A Jammer could take at least 20 satchel explosions and still be in tact .. So I would not count on that. But in theory, it may happen.

You are aware of the fact that Epoch does have a Wiki, right?

On that (once you register), allows you to Add content to, including an FAQ page type thing as above...  right? 

http://epochmod.gamepedia.com/Arma_3_Epoch

Yes, I am well aware of that and my dissapointment in the wiki lead to this forum. And for getting answers for direct questions - a forum seems more suited.

For example this post is all about the scenario option to "steal" a base - whereas the wiki does not tell you if you can "steal" it by placing own jammer. It just says its needed, and protect it at all costs. Same goes for the list of walls, novhere on the wiki there is the information about how many satchels destroy an cinder wall or if at all...

The questions before that are just to lead the newcomers to the topic. Believe me, would be the wiki that good, and I would not have any questions after a week of playing, I would not spend this time creating this topic.. So if you can, please help me answer the questions. If you dont know the answers try checking the wiki and if you wont find it there I have proven my point.

Thank you

1.) Essential for BASE BUILDing is the Frequency JAMMER, it reserves a certain area wher only the owner of the FREQUENCY JAMMER is able to build, correct?

Default is 75 meter radius around plotpole (subject to Server Owners changes). 
In this area, only Owner and anyone in a group with the Owner can build, upgrade, move or remove Epoch buildables. 
You are not allowed to place down a Jammer closer than 3x the stated Radius to anotehr Jammer. This means it has to be atleast 225 meters away in the Default setting. 

2.) The FREQUENCY JAMMER can be destroyed, correct?

Yes - but prepare to spend ALOT of Satchel Charges at the moment (20+)

3.) What happens if an FREQUENCY JAMMER is destroyed?
- can I move with the walls? and get in without any trouble?
- can I place my own near and "take over" the base? Use it as my own?

- If Jammer is destroyed, anyone can move or remove Epoch buildables.
- You can build a new Jammer, and therefore take over the base, or if you placed it down in a bad location, you can remove it and then place down the Jammer again. All epoch buildables in the area will be yours, even if you did not build them. 

4.) Can WALLS be destroyed?

- Yes, with enough satchel Charges, bullets and Chainsaw gas. (Subject to Server Owner setting it to be destructible or not)

5.) What is the toughest building material and what the weakest?
- when thinking over which part to strike, where to start? Cinder? Steel? Wood?

- Wood is the easiest to destroy - Cinderblocks the hardest.

6.) What is the best way to destroy a wall?
- satchel charge? how many for which wall?
- mine? grenade? any weapons?

- Fastest is with Satchels - prepare to spend 4 - 20 satchels depending on the object. 

SCENARIOS:
1. I have a chopper and find a nice base, noone in sight, I land inside, place a satchel charge, blow off the frequency jammer, place my own and voila the place is mine. Possible?

- Very possible. Please be aware of any specific Server Rules that prohibits this behavior, just in case. 

The questions before that are just to lead the newcomers to the topic. Believe me, would be the wiki that good, and I would not have any questions after a week of playing, I would not spend this time creating this topic.. So if you can, please help me answer the questions. If you dont know the answers try checking the wiki and if you wont find it there I have proven my point.

Thank you

Very good counter-argument. :)  See above for some starter answers. 

Most servers have specific rules for base raiding, especially that relates to jammers. In many of them it is not allowed to destroy a jammer and replace it with yours. Also, the chopper part is laughable, since it takes you weeks to find enough satchel charges just to blow up damn jammer :) I know that in 2.5.2 patch it was pretty easy to blow up with machineguns (since cheapest ammo per damage) and also maybe lynx. But it took a lot of bullets. Not sure if in 0.3 patch it is even doable that easily. And personally I wouldn't bother to do that. It would be griefing (or whatever it is called), useless tactics which serve no purpose other than making other person very sad. Just blow up a wall, steal what you want and leave the base, no need to make it your own. I wouldn't even want to live in someone else's base. It is like wearing someone else's panties.

I took upgraded cinder wall (which started deteriorating because of lack of maintenance) with 3 explosive charges and one satchel. First I placed 3 explosive charges but they did nothing probably, and lastly placed a satchel and boom. So maybe just 1 satchel would have been enough, don't know. Again, the wall already had probably less than 50 percent health so. Makes sense.