epoch with zombies?!?

Fleischer111

Question

13 answers to this question

You would not believe how much I love the zombie genre.. we gotta move on though. Am working on trying to justify zombies into the storyline somewhere.. ..

Just for the owners to have the possibility to turn a zombie antagonist on our off would rock our world and probably send this mod into where it should be already with how much you have gotten done so far.

that's easy Sappers are captured Zombies from those that still roam freely in the world. Sappers should detonate around players or other Zombies.

would help fit the Sappers into the storyline better

the only story sappers will ever have is the recycle bin of the desktop or server, they will never replace zombies, they are so bad they make arma 2 zombies look amazing!

You would not believe how much I love the zombie genre.. we gotta move on though. Am working on trying to justify zombies into the storyline somewhere.. ..

"scientifically speaking", zombies and infected are two completely different things, although there are many similarities. So, maybe going infection route would do more justice? Or maybe not a virus outbreak, but an intentional brain damage. Stalker had interesting zombie concept, they were technically neither zombies or infected, just dumbed down drones due to severe radiation.

how easy is it to use sapper brain on say middle-eastern skinned unit? I think I found a good use for them finally, turn them into middle-eastern suicide bombers and create ISIS like AI mission :D

I honestly thought hard about making use of them and this is the best thing I could come up with, think about it it will also hide their plain look, everytime i saw them on arma 3 i got angry when I played the game looked like something out of  A1 ported over to A3, I really can't stand them, and I still think the AI drone should be toned down more, I played it on my test server and they still spawn on you a bunch of times.

The video in the first post is from my server. I originally took Infected script http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181485-Infected-Script-by-Gulozwood/page13by Gulozwood and re-wrote it to create a trigger in every location on the map. The triggers are sent to clients and the actual scripts that trigger Zs to spawn are running on the client side. The original script was server-side.

I created a custom FSM file for zombie brains too to make them think a bit faster and chase the players all over the map.

I am able to control client FPS by limiting total number of zombies spawned for each player and by deleting zombies if player has left the trigger zone. This works well for cases with more than one player in the same trigger zone. Zombies also re-spawn at set intervals so my players to not get a break. I'm getting feedback that it's too hard to play because they are chased by zombies and stumble upon an AI patrol. At least the game is about survival again and not about stocking the warehouse with loot.

The worst part is that there is no good zombie model I could use and I'm not a 3DMax guy. I did not want to adapt DayZ model from Arma 2 because of the license limitations listed above.

At this time I have no plans to share/release this script. Sorry.