Arma 3 - tactical view - WTF ?????

Metalfoundry

Hey guys,

a player told me this motherfunkin function of Arma 3 which is called tactical view.

The player, who is online first (of a group), can use this function! You can activate this function in control settings.

I didnt know about this function, but im really fucked up atm, Epoch killed nightstalker, but not THIS fuckin function!

You can use this function and have a view like a drone, you can view in enemy bases, you can fly about 100m up and you can move... you can see other enemy players with their names...

Is this real??????

How can I disable this shit???

Metal

There was a tactical view in Arma 2.....how is this news to you?

ETA.  Nothing happens when you press the keybind for it(I tried in a single player scenario).  Googling it has people calling it 3rd person as well.  If it becomes too much of an issue for you (or anyone else for that matter) playing on servers that disable 3rd person will disable it as well.

Nice commentary! Helps me a lot, please ignore this thread babe.

How can I deactivate it? It´s cheating in my eyes at Epoch!

Its not the same as third person, I know about these fuckin third person glitch view possibilities, but this tactical view option is sick and we will not allow it in future... but who can control this...

so we want to disable .. but we want third person!

It works. And yes, I didnt know about this function and some other admins too.

Nightstalker was disabled but not this function, which make me able to look over a building, I am sitting in, view the enemy players, their names, can fly into enemy bases, look their loot, their base structure.........

Your opinion is not what I want to know, i askes how to disable it.

Perhaps a job for XXXXXXXX antihack..

And THANX Skaronator to read my thread in exploid using and answer NOT but linking to this thread and close the thread..

we´re fighting for performance last weeks, no answers, this isn´t going the right way i think. Base glitching, this nice tactical view.. .... ah right, its not a bug its a feature.....

Amen

I've joined several empty servers and can't get it to work using the default keybind.  Maybe it's admin only?

You say online first.  First person to join after restart and that person only?  The first spot in the lobby that's usually team leader?  I've joined servers that said creating and servers that said playing, all with 0 players, and I can't get it to work.

sleep 0.5;
dokeyCheck={    
private ["_r"] ;   
 _r = false ;    
 if ((_this select 1) in (actionKeys "TacticalView")) then {       
 hint "Command mode disabled" ;        
_r=true;    };  _r;} ;
(FindDisplay 46) displaySetEventHandler [     "keydown",     "_this call dokeyCheck"     ];

Found this via google search. May need to be cleaned up though

U mad bro?

Jk, didn't know anything about this, I'll see if I can reproduce the same thing when I get home. You just have to be the first person to join the server? Sounds to me like it's an antihack glitch or something.

@vbawol, I did write a thread at exploid issues, but skaronator didnt answer anything only linked to this thread and closed it...  I wont write it again in exploid thread, its not a bug its a feature............ ---..---

you have to be the first player of your group who joined! tactical view can be set in the arma setting under "view".

then youre able to be a drone!

Its not fair play!

@vpawol, I did write a thread at exploid issues, but skaronator didnt answer anything only linked to this thread and closed it...  I wont write it again in exploid thread, its not a bug its a feature............ ---..---

you have to be the first player of your group who joined! tactical view can be set in the arma setting under "view".

then youre able to be a drone!

Its not fair play!

So you need to be in a group?  Default key is the .(numpad)

Still not getting it to work.  Don't get near as much stuff on the menu in the upper left corner either.  Either disabled or I'm stupid...probably a combination of them both.  None of my group is on right now either, don't know if that makes a difference.  Good luck figuring it out.

Still not getting it to work.  Don't get near as much stuff on the menu in the upper left corner either.  Either disabled or I'm stupid...probably a combination of them both.  None of my group is on right now either, don't know if that makes a difference.  Good luck figuring it out.

i think you need at least one online in the group so you have a active leader but isn't working on all server since epoch removed it.

Just because that's not a feature of another addon doesn't mean that it's not causing it to happen.  Try connecting to someone else's server to see if it happens.  If it were me I would wait until everyone is offline and disable one addon at a time to see if it changes anything.

I'd try it out on my server right now.. but I forgot to downlo-- watch GOT last night.. This takes immediate precedence. XD

Are you running Infistar by any chance?