[RELEASE] Attach Explosives

Darth_Rogue

Ya I have all that disabled in infistar and explosive charge is what I tried to use. Saw the system chat run across and thought it worked but no scroll and I have a few scroll options already. I thought it might have been an issue in the script where you had ammo instead of mag but neither worked. I will probably attempt again in a few days.

Just looked through the code and remembered a couple reasons why it may not work.  In order to get the prompt to place a charge, you have to be within 5 meters of any vehicle, or Epoch door (wood or cinder).  You must have a demo charge (not a satchel charge) in your inventory and you cannot be in any area deemed as a safe zone, such as trader areas or spawn areas.  Also, keep in mind that with some scripts, the load order in the init can make a difference whether certain scripts work or not.  Try moving the init line around inside your init.sqf and see if that makes a difference.  The init line should also be within a 'if (!isDedicated and hasInterface) then {};' block.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having some trouble with this and your HUD mod not wanting to play nice together for some reason. I can use the HUD -or- I can use this mod, but as soon as I try to use them both together neither works (HUD disappears, and can no longer attach explosives.) Apologies if I missed something, just hoping someone might know what exactly that is lol. 

Edited by missjennabee

Having some trouble with this and your HUD mod not wanting to play nice together for some reason.

I had the same problem, moving the init.sqf stuff to the very bottom (after the status bar stuff) fixed it for me.

Edited by blue00

So I installed this script as is, no changes original script.  I first tried using the init file and moved the statement from top to bottom and played with the order.  The only thing that got me was other scripts not working.

I saw earlier Halv suggested that people should us onPlayerRespawn.sqf and also noticed Darth posted his.  So after using the init didn't work I created a onplayerrespawn.sqf:

onPlayerRespawn.sqf

//Attach Explosives

if (!isDedicated and hasInterface) then
{
 while {true} do
 {
  waitUntil {alive vehicle player};
  Sleep 30;
  [] execVM "addons\etv\EtV.sqf";
  waitUntil {!isNil "EtVInitialized"};
  [player] call EtV_Actions;

waitUntil {!alive player};
  Sleep 30;

};
};

Still doesn't work.  I don't have any BE kicks but I don't even get a scroll wheel option or anything.  I am using the correct charge as well.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  My init looks like this:

if(hasInterface)then{
 [] execVM "scripts\welcome.sqf";
 [] execVM "scripts\fn_statusBar.sqf";
 [] execVM "scripts\Halv_earplugs\earplug.sqf";
 [] execVM "semClient.sqf"; //SEM
 [] execVM "scripts\service_point\service_point.sqf"; //Repair Rearm Script 
};

//Custom Billboards
[] execVM "scripts\billboards.sqf";
//Custom Markers
[] execVM "scripts\markers.sqf";
// Briefing
[] execVM "scripts\briefing.sqf";
//Kill Messages
[] execVM "scripts\messages\init.sqf";

[] execVM "trader\init.sqf";
[] execVM "trader\HALV_takegive_crypto_init.sqf";

// A3EAI Client Addon
#include "A3EAI_Client\A3EAI_initclient.sqf";

// a3_Sdrop //Leave cmEARPLUGS and a3_Sdrop at the end
if (isDedicated) exitWith {};
sdropClient=compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "sdropClient.sqf";
waitUntil{(isPlayer player) && (alive player) && !isNil "EPOCH_loadingScreenDone"};
[] spawn sdropClient;

Edited by B_Man

In your onPlayerRespawn.sqf try this:

//Attach Explosives

{

};

Clean all that other crap out of there.  Apparently there's some condition that's not being met and the script isn't loading properly.  Doing it the above way will pretty much force it to load regardless.

Edited by Darth_Rogue

In your onPlayerRespawn.sqf try this:

Hidden Content

Clean all that other crap out of there.  Apparently there's some condition that's not being met and the script isn't loading properly.  Doing it the above way will pretty much force it to load regardless.

Well Mr. Darth, still isn't working. Unfortunately I have a lot of working going on so I will try to solve this in a few days.  I also tried this today without positive results:  Keep trying different things between the init file and using a onPlayerRespawn.sqf.

I am also going to look into what lines in my init can be moved over to the sqf and which ones should stay.

Thanks for your input though.  Appreciate it.

init file

//Attach Explosives
{
 [] execVM "addons\etv\etv.sqf";  
};

if(hasInterface)then{
 [] execVM "scripts\welcome.sqf";
 [] execVM "scripts\fn_statusBar.sqf";
 [] execVM "scripts\Halv_earplugs\earplug.sqf";
 [] execVM "semClient.sqf"; //SEM
 [] execVM "scripts\service_point\service_point.sqf"; //Repair Rearm Script 
};

//Custom Billboards
[] execVM "scripts\billboards.sqf";
//Custom Markers
[] execVM "scripts\markers.sqf";
// Briefing
[] execVM "scripts\briefing.sqf";
//Kill Messages
[] execVM "scripts\messages\init.sqf";

[] execVM "trader\init.sqf";
[] execVM "trader\HALV_takegive_crypto_init.sqf";

// A3EAI Client Addon
#include "A3EAI_Client\A3EAI_initclient.sqf";

// a3_Sdrop //Leave cmEARPLUGS and a3_Sdrop at the end
if (isDedicated) exitWith {};
sdropClient=compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "sdropClient.sqf";
waitUntil{(isPlayer player) && (alive player) && !isNil "EPOCH_loadingScreenDone"};
[] spawn sdropClient;

One more quick question, re; the BE filters...

line 35 - !"_illogic = _grp createUnit ["logic", Position _explo""

Line 35 of my Scripts.txt is  "7 setViewDistance", which I feel like is probably not where that's meant to go lol. Line 36 is "7 createGroup", and I notice you told someone previously it should be on "7 createUnit"  - Just wanted to confirm which is the correct place for this, Group or Unit?

Edited by missjennabee

Line 35 of my Scripts.txt is  "7 setViewDistance", which I feel like is probably not where that's meant to go lol. Line 36 is "7 createGroup", and I notice you told someone previously it should be on "7 createUnit"  - Just wanted to confirm which is the correct place for this, Group or Unit?

So I wasn't sure about that as well on another script and I just put it in both lines, got it working, then took one away to isolate. 

Are you using infistar?  Only asking cause I am not. 

Is anyone successfully using this script that is NOT using Infistar?  I am only using stock AH and still no luck.

The weird thing is I do not even see this loading up in my logs.  I have gone so far as to dump everything in my init file and only run this script alone and by itself and haven't had any luck.  For what its worth, when I find out why Ill post it.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone successfully using this script that is NOT using Infistar?  I am only using stock AH and still no luck.

Yeah, I'm using infiSTAR unfortunately, not really sure on what the differences might be, or why it wouldn't be working with stock AH.  :(   Sorry.

For the BE filter(s), find the createUnit prefix and place the listed exception there.  It doesn't matter what line it's on.  It's the createUnit prefix that matters.

So I wasn't sure about that as well on another script and I just put it in both lines, got it working, then took one away to isolate. 

The weird thing is I do not even see this loading up in my logs.  I have gone so far as to dump everything in my init file and only run this script alone and by itself and haven't had any luck.  For what its worth, when I find out why Ill post it.

Getting this to work with the stock AH is possible, but you'll have to make sure to whitelist the addActions.  Also, pay close attention to the load order of your scripts.  This script is one of those where it matters where you place it in your init.sqf.  You can also try using this code in your init.sqf for the script startup:

//Attach Explosives
{

};

• 4 months later...

Does this script still work? I have had quite a few attempts but, all that having...

!isDedicated and hasInterface

...does absolutely anywhere in my init is knock other scripts out. Unless it's at the bottom but then it still does nothing.

I have tried all the infiSTAR settings and onPlayerRespawn.sqf suggestions but, still nothing....

Anyone managed to get it going?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys!!!

Its a realy nice Script! I got it working in my OnPlayerRespawn.sqf

Spoiler

[] execVM "addons\briefing\briefing.sqf";
{
    waitUntil {typeOF player != "VirtualMan_EPOCH"};
    newPlayer = true;
    suicideCheck = false;
    [true] call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\ActionMenu\RG_compileMenu.sqf";
    [true] ExecVM "scripts\ActionMenu\RG_startMenu.sqf";
};

waitUntil {vehicle player == player};
waituntil {!isnull (finddisplay 46)};

InsertAutoEarplugs=true;
RemoveAutoEarplugs=true;

[] execVM "cmEarplugs\cm_veh_fun.sqf";
uiSleep 15;
[] execVM "addons\EtV\EtV.sqf";

null = allUnits execVM "db.sqf";

And i make it with an option to add to the Tachometer! 

A warning is shown if you drive over 40Kmh... and below 30Kmh the Vehicle will explode!

I hope i have the permission from

Darth_Rogue

to alder this script! This is awesome!!

Sry for my bad english... Im from Germany

• 10 months later...

Hi all,

Has anyone got this script to work! (of late that is)

Its not the stock AH tested thx to He-Man

https://epochmod.com/forum/topic/43066-stock-ah-plus-addactions/

I have tried it all over the init.sqf and tried it with the onPlayerRespawn.sqf with suggestion from other posts in this thread.

Script is running as I've had to do BI Filters, just no scroll options to place explosives.

Both server and client RPT logs have nothing in regards to this script.

Its such a mind fuck, just don't want to give up on this.

cheers

natoed

2 hours ago, He-Man said:

Try to Add in your Init:

inSafeZone = false;

He-Man -- your blood's worth bottling ..... its works as its should, thank you.

thou I did have to add a line in DR version cause of waitUntil {!isNil "EtVInitialized"};

EtVInitialized is not in his etv.sqf, he replaced it with  "[player] call EtV_Actions;". so I added it above his call.

below is the EtV script I'm using.

EtV.sqf

this is whats in my init.sqf at the very bottom

inSafeZone = false;
{ 	
	while {true} do
	{
	waitUntil {typeOF player != "VirtualMan_EPOCH"};	
	Sleep 30;
	[] execVM "epoch_config\Configs\addons\etv\EtV.sqf";										//	Attach Explosives Darth_Rogue and [Ignatz] He-Man
	systemchat("Attach Explosives Activated...");	
	}
};

thanks again He-Man

Ok I was completely wrong about the " EtVInitialized " in my above post, its cause major issues client side, do not try it.

First off added this to your init.sqf thx to He-Man

On 1/5/2017 at 9:00 PM, He-Man said:

Try to Add in your Init:

inSafeZone = false;

I now have the script working correctly by calling for it in my initPlayerLocal.sqf

Using DarthRogue install.txt

Spoiler
{
while {true} do
{
Sleep 30;

waitUntil {!alive player};
Sleep 30;

};

};

• 2 weeks later...

So i had this script working with Computermancers Earplugs script: (init.sqf) 

if(hasInterface) then{

waituntil {!isnull (finddisplay 46)};

earplugsout=true;

execVM "SFM_VEH_EP\cm_veh_init.sqf";
execVM "addons\etv.sqf";

};

It needed;  inSafeZone = false;  Thanks to He-man and Natoed for narrowing that down..

I started a fresh new start since the new server files/build is released...

And now i can't get this working anymore, Its vanilla as it can be... I've try'd like 20 different possibility's to get this to work.. with no results..

The script starts fine becouse i got kicked in the beginning, but somehow the scroll addaction menu doesn't show up anymore even thou, inSafeZone = false; is added in.

I've installed the Earplug script and tested it, it worked like usual, next; i installed the Etv script like i did back then, but this time i can't get any results..

I've try'd onPlayerRespawn - initPlayerlocal - etc.. i even try'd, call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers in my own custom server-side pbo

And ofcourse i've try'd all the other possibility sqf Calls in this tread, wearing only democharge's and trying it out on the specific vehicles that are allowed by the script itself...

I hope somebody can clear my mind on this, is this script still working or iam i the only one with this problem? 

Maybe i'm searching/thinking to hard when the awnser is right there in front of me lol..

Thank you Second_Coming and Darth_rogue for customizing and re-editing this script, I really like this one.

Could, that the Addaction is loaded to fast.

Try:

waituntil {!isNull player};
waituntil {time > 25};
waituntil {alive player};
waituntil {getPlayerUID player != ''};
waitUntil {!isNull (findDisplay 46)};
waituntil {typeof player in ["Epoch_Male_F","Epoch_Female_F"]};
waituntil {!isNil "Epoch_my_GroupUID"};

uisleep 2;

He-Man 

Thank you for your quick reply!  And as always your sollution worked! 

The script is working fine now, and i kinda feel ashamed of myself... 

But even thou i try'd Natoed Call version wich had a: Sleep 30; in it, it did not triggered the script...

Its becouse i had alot of more scripts running back then, Then now in 'vanilla' state... (Face-Slap-Myself) 

Thanks again He-Man, For clearing up the confusing in my mind lol.... Seriously thou.... I've learned my lesson again..

And trying to use the memory for this script by calling it:  'call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers' did not play the part,

i can't say why, maybe i triggered to much stuff this way, Maybe the etv script has a block in it, becouse i did asume EtV was like this, it "Checked each frame per second" for any vehicle to display the Addaction function.... But anyhow, I'm Thankful for any bit of information i can get..