Halvhjearne

Easy Kill feed/messages w/study & bury body function (Beta)

2 hours ago, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

Still working on one issue - give us another few days please.

Yes there are few issues that need to be fixed per say before it goes live to all, so there isnt any bugs etc, but as soon as we make sure its good to go it will be released here in this forum post. 

Just a quick update to all so you are not just waiting around. I have been running it live on the server found a few more issues with it so before me and ghost can push it live will be fixing some of the minor issues because i no all of you love the killfeed as me and ghost do so we are trying to hurry as fast as we can and to make sure that what we push out to every one is almost bug free.

45 minutes ago, viper179 said:

Just a quick update to all so you are not just waiting around. I have been running it live on the server found a few more issues with it so before me and ghost can push it live will be fixing some of the minor issues because i no all of you love the killfeed as me and ghost do so we are trying to hurry as fast as we can and to make sure that what we push out to every one is almost bug free.

thank you so much for your efforts  !!!!  We look forward to the results!

On 14.2.2016 at 7:03 PM, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

You need to set up a "killed" event handler for the player and have that send a public variable to the server with the [_killed,_killer] as variables. Let me compare notes with viper after which we can release the results of our combined efforts to make my patch run under the default AH and ale infiStar.

Sorry i didnt see page 8 so i will waiting :)

Thank you Halvhjearne  for making this script!

Thank you viper179 and Ghostrider-DbD-  for fixing this script!

Im using the bury body option, It worked great and it adds that little extra respect into the game!

But like you guys already know, i to get the Action menu working,, but it stops when trying to Bury a fellow comrade, it says that You can't burry ai, even tho it was a player.

I hope that Viper and all other persons can fix this script again!

Thank you all for making these Scripts! You guys rock!

Below is a link to a 90% solution which has been working very well on both our Epoch servers and Viper's.  I have rewritten the script to add a "killed" event handler to the player which is independent of any epoch code. The only limitation is that as written the kill feed does not detect player deaths after a revive, hence the 90% solution. Many thanks to Viper179 and Prymary for giving this a thorough test. Installation is as before: simply replace the old addons\messages folder with the new on provided through the link below, repack your mission.pbo and you should be set.

EDIT: The link is:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rlfi3cbcwtnfeny/AAAR860ZWVYZbJtOSBLX1nLga?dl=0

If you run the default Epoch antihack you will need to modify line 78 of security_checks.h as follows:

Killed          = "_this call EPOCH_fnc_playerDeath;(_this select 1) call Halv_fnc_message_players;";

then repack A3_epoch_server_settings.pbo

You may also have to add a few Battleye exceptions depending on which antihack you are using.

Thank you for your work Viper and Ghostrider.

I changed the line in security_checks.h

added your files and entry in init.

I now see in rtp:

"[KillFeed] Loading killfeed server and client functions"
"[KillFeed] Server functions loaded"

Also it's shown when I connect to server, but the killmessages are still not shown for me. Both, if players or AI kill me.

Any Idea what I did wrong ?

in addons\messages folder you got the "settings.sqf".

Switch the things to true you want to have.

For example thats my settings

/*
	a3 epoch killfeed settings
	By Halv

Copyright (C) 2015  Halvhjearne > README.md
*/

//this is if you want it in another folder than the default "addons\messages\", (always keep all files in same folder)
_folder = "addons\messages\";
//========================================
_HALV_KillFeedsideChat		= true;	//note that sideChat only shows if more than one player is on the server (not that it matters much)
_HALV_KillFeedglobalChat	= false;
_HALV_KillFeedsystemChat	= false;
_HALV_KillFeedtitleText		= false;
_HALV_KillFeedcutText		= false;
_HALV_KillFeedhint			= false;
_HALV_KillFeedhintSilent	= false;
_HALV_KillFeeddynamictext	= true;
//this is to allow killfeed for players killed by anything that is not a player (sometimes a player is apparently not a player, so i leave this as an option for now)
_HALV_KillFeed_AI			= true;
//=======================================

_enablestudybody = true;

_enableburybody = true;

Its still a mistery to me that u guys can setup a server but cannot fix the script kicking :p

When getting kicked, your server will make a .txt with the reason of the server kick.

In your case its #51 so for advanced users they know its coming from your scripts.txt (otherwise it will call the file name(public variable/create vehicle/etc./etc.)

Count +2 lines on 51 and paste the reason why its kicking your guys.

Why +2 lines? Bcouse Line 0 doesn't count... and Line 1 = //new2 (Your server still read those 2 lines no mather what...) (well reading.... // is a block but nvr mind it still reads the // :P)

Now paste the reason why its kicking you, The reason is Always between your 2 ->  " <-  and -> " <-

So in your case  ->  "xecVM (_folder + "  

Dont forget the symbols !=  so its gonna be !="xecVM (_folder + "   on line 53

and dont forget to Like the script owners + the people who fixed this again! Pay some respect to them.

I get no kicks but also no killmessage... only if I connect it shows :

"[KillFeed] Server functions loaded" -> should mean init and script are loaded.

I also changed settings to what I want and tried to change it to other settings -> no other result

On 4. 3. 2016 at 1:03 AM, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

If you run the default Epoch antihack you will need to modify line 78 of security_checks.h as follows:

Killed          = "_this call EPOCH_fnc_playerDeath;(_this select 1) call Halv_fnc_message_players;";

Hello,
Thank you for reworking this script.

I have Issue.
For Admins with epochAH work OK but not for non admin players.
I added this to security_checks.h. If I was killed and respawn, still banned me for EH: Killed 2, what can be wrong? Thank you.

My settings:

_HALV_KillFeedsideChat        = false;    //note that sideChat only shows if more than one player is on the server (not that it matters much)
_HALV_KillFeedglobalChat    = false;
_HALV_KillFeedsystemChat    = false;
_HALV_KillFeedtitleText        = false;
_HALV_KillFeedcutText        = false;
_HALV_KillFeedhint            = false;
_HALV_KillFeedhintSilent    = false;
_HALV_KillFeeddynamictext    = true;
//this is to allow killfeed for players killed by anything that is not a player (sometimes a player is apparently not a player, so i leave this as an option for now)
_HALV_KillFeed_AI            = false;

_enablestudybody = true;

_enableburybody = false;

3 hours ago, Kenobi said:

Hello,
Thank you for reworking this script.

I have Issue.
For Admins with epochAH work OK but not for non admin players.
I added this to security_checks.h. If I was killed and respawn, still banned me for EH: Killed 2, what can be wrong? Thank you.

My settings:

_HALV_KillFeedsideChat        = false;    //note that sideChat only shows if more than one player is on the server (not that it matters much)
_HALV_KillFeedglobalChat    = false;
_HALV_KillFeedsystemChat    = false;
_HALV_KillFeedtitleText        = false;
_HALV_KillFeedcutText        = false;
_HALV_KillFeedhint            = false;
_HALV_KillFeedhintSilent    = false;
_HALV_KillFeeddynamictext    = true;
_HALV_KillFeed_AI            = false;

_enablestudybody = true;

_enableburybody = false;

have you repacked a3_epoch_server_settings.pbo ? You need to do that in order for the changes to be seen by the server.

There are a few ways to go about it i am working on a fix for the player dupe at the moment but i will be testing it server side with my own public variable that will be hidden server side so people cant connect and steal my pbo  , just to make sure its fixed before anything else goes wrong with the database saves. I mean i join the   -1-[GER][ENG]EPOCH/ALTIS/MISSIONS/BLACK MARKET/HIGH FPS/  server and bam what do you no my same pbo with all my pics and everything the same as mine, even my own server ip and ts name hahaha i mean you dont even now how to edit a pbo wow, but hey its cool if you like it just would have been nice for you to ask first i mean we are here to help out not be a jerk but i will select a few of the servers to test this out once i get a better fix for it. And also i dont think  -1-[GER][ENG]EPOCH/ALTIS/MISSIONS/BLACK MARKET/HIGH FPS/  is monitized from bohemia like we are at epoch pro so thats another no no right there.