Easy Kill feed/messages w/study & bury body function (Beta)

Halvhjearne

2 hours ago, Tarabas said:

Good to know about that server_publicEH. So it's not my fault.

It would be nice to know how they're getting shown now. Maybe script can get changed to be working again.

I will be looking at this as I have time. An event is still sent to clients as there is still a basic kill message displayed in system chat. Do any of you see how this is handled?

6 minutes ago, zxbutchxz said:
6 minutes ago, zxbutchxz said:

A new file CfgRemoteExec.hpp in @Epoch\Addons\a3_epoch_config\Configs

Maybe it's in it?

A new file CfgRemoteExec.hpp in @Epoch\Addons\a3_epoch_config\Configs

Maybe it's in it?

From what I can see so far, you either have to add your own event handler for handling messaging when the player is killed then modify BE exceptions accordingly (Scripts and publicvariable) or add a line in the code Epoch calls when a player dies that calls Halv's function for messaging players. The first solution is cleaner in the long run because it is independent of Epoch code.

Look at the MPkilled event. It will give you the killer and the victim. The rest is just dintance calc and weapon classes. I am working on the pictures to make it independent from every mod and mod updates. It will use the Arma3 classes incl external pics. We always had the issue, if you got killed by a sapper or unknown object in general, an error will appear.

mm mb use a EPOCH_server_deadPlayer.sqf>>?

['deathlog', format['%1 (%2) Killed By %3 (%4) with weapon %5 from %6m at %7', _playerName, _plyrUID, name _killer, getPlayerUID _killer, currentWeapon _killer, _playerObj distance _killer, _pos]] call EPOCH_fnc_server_hiveLog;

^^it's goodlooking for me ))

btw also present EPOCH_sendPublicVariableClient.....

1 hour ago, fishmooney said:

mm mb use a EPOCH_server_deadPlayer.sqf>>?

['deathlog', format['%1 (%2) Killed By %3 (%4) with weapon %5 from %6m at %7', _playerName, _plyrUID, name _killer, getPlayerUID _killer, currentWeapon _killer, _playerObj distance _killer, _pos]] call EPOCH_fnc_server_hiveLog;

^^it's goodlooking for me ))

btw also present EPOCH_sendPublicVariableClient.....

I think that approach will work with the caveat that you need to update every time an epoch update is released.

Ok finally got it working as ghost dbd said in its current state it works with the stock epoch anti hack and changing the line of code as was stated in a earlier post, but i have it working with infistar and it shows the nice dynamictext plus weapons and distance now still tweaking it up some though but yes killfeed messages are working on my server as of now.

8 hours ago, viper179 said:

Ok finally got it working as ghost dbd said in its current state it works with the stock epoch anti hack and changing the line of code as was stated in a earlier post, but i have it working with infistar and it shows the nice dynamictext plus weapons and distance now still tweaking it up some though but yes killfeed messages are working on my server as of now.

viper179

what exactly did you change , so that it works

You need to set up a "killed" event handler for the player and have that send a public variable to the server with the [_killed,_killer] as variables. Let me compare notes with viper after which we can release the results of our combined efforts to make my patch run under the default AH and ale infiStar.

1 hour ago, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

You need to set up a "killed" event handler for the player and have that send a public variable to the server with the [_killed,_killer] as variables. Let me compare notes with viper after which we can release the results of our combined efforts to make my patch run under the default AH and ale infiStar.

Thank you so much