Dayz style heli crash sites

Richie

I have tried using

_spawnCenter = getMarkerPos "center"; //Center of your map (usually in mission.sqm)
_map = worldName;

In the helicrash.sqf for my Esseker server but the crashes are still spawning way way out in the black areas of the map.

Just wondering if there was something else I needed. Maybe the coords instead?

In the helicrash.sqf for my Esseker server but the crashes are still spawning way way out in the black areas of the map.

Just wondering if there was something else I needed. Maybe the coords instead?

Change the max line and reduce the area

_max = 12000

If a terrain is 8k x 8k then you would have _max = 8000 but if it was 20k x 20k you would use _max = 20000

Change the max line and reduce the area

_max = 12000

If a terrain is 8k x 8k then you would have _max = 8000 but if it was 20k x 20k you would use _max = 20000

Ahh yeah I've reduced it to max 6000 and that seems to be perfect so far, thanks :D

Also I added in (i forget their name sorry) the bit of code on line 39 to spawn AI around the crash but no AI spawn.

I do have A3EAI running and working perfectly.

//Infantry spawns using the A3EAI

_CrashName = format ["Crashsite_%1",_j];

[_CrashName,_posOfCrash,75,3,2,false,300] call A3EAI_createCustomInfantryQueue;    

diag_log text format ["[HeliCrash]: Creating AI at %1 (%2)",_CrashName,_posOfCrash];

//

But they just dont spawn.... cant figure it out. I added it on line 39 (according to notepad++)

The map center to use for Esseker is 6502.6406,6217.2461,0, if 

_spawnCenter = getMarkerPos "center";

doesn't seem to work for whatever reason.

Here's my center for Esseker:

_spawnCenter = [6502.6406,6217.2461,0];

Be sure to set the maximum distance equal to or less than 6200, otherwise your heli crashes may spawn off the map in the east or west.

• 2 weeks later...

I figured it out. The wrecks are persisting way longer than the loot is so my players were coming upon the crash sites after the loot had already despawned.

Hit a fresh one awhile ago and all of the loot was there. Is there a way to make the wrecks despawn at the same time as the loot?

Turns out this is similar to the issue I'm having. The wrecks just aren't despawning, ever. Even after server restart. Is there anyway I can set it to despawn them after an hour or so? Or does anyone know why they might not be despawning like they should? Only thing I changed in the file was the number of crashes (from 5-10). I've just got a bunch of crashes on the map now with no loot. 

Thanks in advance.

The loot and wrecks clear up after 4hrs, It's impossible for them to persist over a restart.

You can change the cleanup time by finding and editing all mentions of :

setVariable ["LAST_CHECK", (diag_tickTime + 14400)];

The time is in seconds, 14,400 seconds = 240 minutes = 4hrs

Hmm.. I really don't know then. I guess they just stopped spawning loot for me then.  :/   any idea what might have caused that?

Tried changing that setting to 3600 (1 hour) instead of 14400 earlier, teleported back over to where the wreck was after about an hour and a half and it was still there. 

Edited by blue00

I'm getting 4:07:17 Script q\addons\helicrash\init\fn_init.sqf not found

this is my init.sqf in atlis.pbo

if (isServer) then {
    execVM "\q\addons\helicrash\init\fn_init.sqf";
};

Any solution would be great. 

You don't need to edit your init.sqf, read the instructions, you drop it in your addons folder and that's it :)

You don't need to edit your init.sqf, read the instructions, you drop it in your addons folder and that's it :)

Sorry, some scripters forget to add "you must put this in your init.sqf" in the instructions. Thanks for the quick response!

Edited by Mohel

Having the same issue as Blue, which seems to have started after installing infiSTAR. Prior to that it was running great. Now the loot piles are despawning pretty quickly, happened once while I was looting them about 15 minutes after the server restarted, just *poof* gone. xD

Is there something else that I need to do to get this to work with infiSTAR?

Edited by missjennabee

Having the same issue as Blue, which seems to have started after installing infiSTAR. Prior to that it was running great. Now the loot piles are despawning pretty quickly, happened once while I was looting them about 15 minutes after the server restarted, just *poof* gone. xD

Is there something else that I need to do to get this to work with infiSTAR?

I have only seen loot at a helicrash once, and only because I happened to be right next to it after the server restarted. Also running infiSTAR.

I have only seen loot at a helicrash once, and only because I happened to be right next to it after the server restarted. Also running infiSTAR.

This is probably going to sound a little weird, but is it possible that something in infiSTAR's BE filters could cause this? 

I did some experimenting with it on my test server. I first tried with infiSTAR and as suspected the loot despawns pretty much immediately. Then I removed infiSTAR, and with infiSTAR gone, the loot showed up and stayed at crash sites. Then-then, I re-installed infiSTAR, but I forgot to add infiSTAR's BE filters, and lo... with the default epoch BE filters... loot showed up and stayed at crash sites even with infiSTAR installed. This got me curious, so I tried it three times. With infiSTAR BE filters - No loot. With Epoch BE filters - Loot. 

I don't really know enough about BE filters to understand the correlation there, so this makes no sense to me whatsoever lol. Is that even a thing they can do? I had thought BE filters were mostly for policing player actions? Maybe it was just a coincidence... but if so, it was a repeatable one, so it seemed worth mentioning. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...