Dayz style heli crash sites

Richie

So the crash sites are spawning in but there's no loot at all in them.  Any ideas?  I checked helicrashes.sqf inside of the pbo and the loot table looks correct.

They work with both AH so it's not that, have you changed it in any way ?

Anything in your .RPT about it ?

I figured it out. The wrecks are persisting way longer than the loot is so my players were coming upon the crash sites after the loot had already despawned.

Hit a fresh one awhile ago and all of the loot was there. Is there a way to make the wrecks despawn at the same time as the loot?

I figured it out. The wrecks are persisting way like never than the loot is so my players were coming upon the crash sites after the loot had already despawned.

Hit a fresh one awhile ago and all of the loot was there. Is there a way to make the wrecks despawn at the same time as the loot?

I don't think the loot despawns, it's most likely someone already took it all.

I figured it out. The wrecks are persisting way longer than the loot is so my players were coming upon the crash sites after the loot had already despawned.

it most likely spawned inside the ground if theres no loot visible

Combined with A3EAI you could add the crash location as a spawn location for AI, insert at line 39 of HeliCrashes.sqf:

I do the same with Zupas capture points and random crate spawns

//Infantry spawns using the A3EAI
_CrashName = format ["Crashsite_%1",_j];
[_CrashName,_posOfCrash,75,3,2,false,300] call A3EAI_createCustomInfantryQueue;	
diag_log text format ["[HeliCrash]: Creating AI at %1 (%2)",_CrashName,_posOfCrash];

Hey second_coming, does this look right to you?  It feels like I'm getting weird AI spawning behavior in general with A3EAI since making this modification.

private ["_crashNum","_lootNum","_loot","_coords"];
/////////////////////////////////////
//      Function file for UKGZ	   //
//        Created by: Richie       //
//  Modded by:  Vampire & xBowBii  //
/////////////////////////////////////
// Number of Crashes
_crashNum = 4;

// Number of Loot Piles
_lootNum = 16;

_loot = [
	"m107_EPOCH","MultiGun","Srifle_GM6_F","Srifle_LRR_F","M14_EPOCH","srifle_EBR_F","m249_EPOCH","LMG_Mk200_F","LMG_Zafir_F",
	"m16_EPOCH","akm_EPOCH","m4a3_EPOCH","Rollins_F","sr25_epoch","l85a2_epoch","arifle_MX_GL_F",
	"srifle_DMR_02_ARCO_F","srifle_DMR_02_sniper_F","srifle_DMR_03_spotter_F","srifle_DMR_03_tan_AMS_LP_F","srifle_DMR_03_tan_F","srifle_DMR_03_woodland_F",
	"srifle_DMR_04_ARCO_F","srifle_DMR_04_DMS_F","srifle_DMR_04_F","srifle_DMR_04_MRCO_F","srifle_DMR_05_blk_F","srifle_DMR_05_DMS_F","srifle_DMR_05_DMS_snds_F","srifle_DMR_05_hex_F",
	"srifle_DMR_06_camo_F","srifle_DMR_06_camo_khs_F","srifle_DMR_06_olive_F","MMG_01_hex_ACRO_LP_F","MMG_01_hex_F","MMG_01_tan_F","MMG_02_camo_F","MMG_02_sand_F","MMG_02_sand_RCO_LP_F",
	"launch_NLAW_F","launch_RPG32_F","launch_Titan_short_F","HandGrenade","MiniGrenade","Titan_AP","Titan_AT","NLAW_F","RPG32_HE_F","RPG32_F",

"optic_Nightstalker","optic_LRPS","optic_DMS","optic_Aco_smg","optic_ACO_grn_smg","optic_Holosight_smg",
	"optic_Aco","optic_Holosight","acc_pointer_IR","Rangefinder",

"ATMine_Range_Mag","APERSMine_Range_Mag","APERSBoundingMine_Range_Mag","SLAMDirectionalMine_Wire_Mag","APERSTripMine_Wire_Mag","ClaymoreDirectionalMine_Remote_Mag","SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag","DemoCharge_Remote_Mag",

"EnergyPack","Repair_EPOCH","Defib_EPOCH","Heal_EPOCH","FAK","ItemWatch","CircuitParts","ItemScraps","jerrycan_epoch","VehicleRepair","CircuitParts",

"meatballs_epoch","ItemSodaRbull","sardines_epoch","scam_epoch","sweetcorn_epoch","Towelette"
];

_spawnCenter = [10088,9045,0]; //Center of your map (usually in mission.sqm)
_min = 0; // minimum distance from the center position (Number) in meters
_max = 12000; // maximum distance from the center position (Number) in meters
_mindist = 10; // minimum distance from the nearest object (Number) in meters, ie. spawn at least this distance away from anything within x meters..
//Low _mindist means helicrashes could spawn near towns or in forests.. higher the number it would be spawning in an open field etc
_water = 0; // water mode 0: cannot be in water , 1: can either be in water or not , 2: must be in water
_shoremode = 0; // 0: does not have to be at a shore , 1: must be at a shore

vSpawnCrashes = {
	for "_j" from 1 to _crashNum do {
		_posOfCrash = [_spawnCenter,_min,_max,_mindist,_water,20,_shoremode] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos; // find a random loc
		//Infantry spawns using the A3EAI
		_CrashName = format ["Crashsite_%1",_j];
		[_CrashName,_posOfCrash,75,3,2,false,300] call A3EAI_createCustomInfantryQueue;	
		diag_log text format ["[HeliCrash]: Creating AI at %1 (%2)",_CrashName,_posOfCrash];
		_helicopters = ["Land_UWreck_Heli_Attack_02_F","Land_Wreck_Heli_Attack_01_F"]; //Add Heli classnames here
		_element = _helicopters call BIS_fnc_SelectRandom;
		_vehHeli = _element createVehicle [0,0,0];
		_burnthefucker = "test_EmptyObjectForFireBig" createVehicle (position _vehHeli);  _burnthefucker attachto [_vehHeli, [0,0,-1]];  
		_vehHeli setposATL [(_posOfCrash) select 0,(_posOfCrash) select 1,0];
		_vehHeli setVariable ["LAST_CHECK", (diag_tickTime + 14400)];

for "_i" from 1 to _lootNum do {
			_crate0 = createVehicle ["weaponHolderSimulated", _vehHeli modelToWorld [(random 10) - 3, (random 10) - 4, 0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
			_crate1 = createVehicle ["weaponHolderSimulated", _vehHeli modelToWorld [(random 10) - 3, (random 10) - 4, 0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_item = _loot call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
			switch (true) do
			{
				case (isClass (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _item)): {
					_kindOf = [(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _item),true] call BIS_fnc_returnParents;
					if ("ItemCore" in _kindOf) then {
						// Min 1, Max 2
						_crate0 addItemCargoGlobal [_item,(floor(random(2)))+1];
						_crate1 addItemCargoGlobal [_item,(floor(random(2)))+1];
					} else {
						// One Weapon, Three Mags
						_crate0 addWeaponCargoGlobal [_item,1];
						_crate1 addWeaponCargoGlobal [_item,1];

_cAmmo = [] + getArray (configFile >> "cfgWeapons" >> _item >> "magazines");
						{
							if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPricing" >> _x)) exitWith {
								_crate0 addMagazineCargoGlobal [_x,3];
								_crate1 addMagazineCargoGlobal [_x,3];
							};
						} forEach _cAmmo;
					};
				};
				case (isClass (configFile >> "cfgMagazines" >> _item)): {
					// Min 1, Max 3
					_crate0 addMagazineCargoGlobal [_item,(floor(random(3)))+1];
					_crate1 addMagazineCargoGlobal [_item,(floor(random(3)))+1];
				};
				case ((getText(configFile >> "cfgVehicles" >> _item >>  "vehicleClass")) == "Backpacks"): {
					// One Bag
					_crate0 addBackpackCargoGlobal [_item,1];
					_crate1 addBackpackCargoGlobal [_item,1];
				};
			};
			_crate0 setPos [(getPos _crate0 select 0) +5, (getPos _crate0 select 1), 0];
			_crate1 setPos [(getPos _crate1 select 0) -10, (getPos _crate1 select 1), 0];
			_crate0 setVariable ["LAST_CHECK", (diag_tickTime + 14400)];
			_crate1 setVariable ["LAST_CHECK", (diag_tickTime + 14400)];
			_cutter0 = "Land_ClutterCutter_medium_F" createVehicle (getpos _crate0);
			_cutter1 = "Land_ClutterCutter_medium_F" createVehicle (getpos _crate1);
			_cutter0 setVariable ["LAST_CHECK", (diag_tickTime + 14400)];
			_cutter1 setVariable ["LAST_CHECK", (diag_tickTime + 14400)];

};
	};
};

call vSpawnCrashes;

Also, I added some launchers (as you can see above) but I'm not getting them to spawn.  All of the explosives and the launcher ammo is spawning, though.  Any ideas?

I added the launcher ammo in separately.  Was that a mistake?  I just wanted to make sure that with the dual ammo type launchers I wasn't getting all of one kind or another.

Not every weapon can be used with weaponHolderSimulated, my guess is that is what is stopping the launchers spawning.

I spawn launchers fine. titan included. My guess would be a syntax problem with the script. I am spawning all the a3 launchers at the crash site right on the ground, ammo included.

the problem is "weaponholdersimulated" for some reason sometimes is deleted before any item is added to its inventory ... i use "groundweaponholder" instead and i havent had the problem since, however you need to set height to 0 on those or they will spawn 1m in the air.

Morning everyone.  

I was wondering if anyone was having any issues with getting this to work on their server?   I have read through all of the posts in this thread and haven't seen the issue I seem to be having.   First I am only using these mods currently on my server.   AiA TP, A3EAI, Simple Missions, Status Bars.   So as you can see I don't have any difficult mods installed on my server.   

I am currently running the Chernarus map, the server runs fine but when I placed the helicrash.pbo into my @epochhive/addons folder, and start the server up, then try to connect, I am getting the Battle Eye Restriction #22 error.    I went into the logs and it states that I can see that the heli crashes loaded properly.    Do I need to add something to the BE filter even though the instructions state there is none needed?    

Thank you for the help!

Grimm77

Edit: Sorry forgot one other thing, I have adjusted the center of the map for Chernarus, along with the _max that I have seen suggested to do in this thread.   Thanks again!

Thanks Richie,  

Yeah I was doing some digging through the script log, and realized that was the same issue I was having and simply overlooked/read it.   Thank you.  I was actually in the process of getting ready to re-edit my post and apologize for posting.   

Grimm

Edit:  The above worked flawlessly, thank you for the quick help.   Might not be a bad idea to put that BE Filter script up on the first page of the thread for a quick fix reference point.  Again, thank you for your help!   And the Script is awesome by the way.  

Edit:  The above worked flawlessly, thank you for the quick help.   Might not be a bad idea to put that BE Filter script up on the first page of the thread for a quick fix reference point.  Again, thank you for your help!   And the Script is awesome by the way.  

I would but for some reason it doesn't affect everyone, no idea why, for me i didn't and others but some like you had to, still the search works or i'll reply :)

Hi! Nice script you done here :) Thanks for that, can you please tell me, how can i disable the fire from the hellicopter? i want only the smoke... is better... or, how to make that the fire to be moooore smaller? :D

Thank you in advance

@ Pickone, find the following :

_burnthefucker = "test_EmptyObjectForFireBig" createVehicle (position _vehHeli);  _burnthefucker attachto [_vehHeli, [0,0,-1]];

Replace test_EmptyObjectForFireBig with what ever you want, for example test_EmptyObjectForSmoke

the problem is "weaponholdersimulated" for some reason sometimes is deleted before any item is added to its inventory ... i use "groundweaponholder" instead and i havent had the problem since, however you need to set height to 0 on those or they will spawn 1m in the air.

Where do you set the height?

Richie,

I must be missing something.  My RPT shows "Heli Crashes Loading" and "Heli Crashes Loaded" with no BE Filter kicks and I don't see any markers or announcements of the crash.  Is there a timer of some kind?  Maybe add a timer and markers option within the sqf?