Dayz style heli crash sites

Richie

Hi all

Autoban 0 for stock AH  :(

I was getting an auto kick aswell.

21.04.2015 06:01:07: Kajun (xxxxxxx) xxxxxx - #22 "(_this select 0) execVM "\A3\Structures_F\Wrecks\Scripts\Wreck_Heli_Attack_01.sqf""

with a stock epoch install.

Wow that's briliant I did not expect to have anyone respond to that wish so fast, thank you second_coming I have implemented that and it is working perfectly, I had reduced the loot at the crashes but it looks like I will have to up it again now so players will take the bait  :D

I am glad to hear this works and looking forward to implementing it. I have tried on our test server with no luck, meaning no AI seem to spawn, and when A3AI is run with A3EAI_debugMarkersEnabled = true no markers indicating activation of a trigger appear. I am wondering if it could be due to my having all dynamic and static spawns turned off as we only use custom spawns on our servers but that seems unlikely as our other custom spawns work well. Any insights would be really appreciated.

Chernarus:     [6968.66, 324.481, 8345.91]
Altis:               [14939.9, 0.0534991, 15083.3]
Bornholm:      [10058.3, 117.542, 9015.85]
Stratis:           [4031.66, 110.605, 4222.18]
Taviana      [12800,0,12800]

you can also change the following settings to this

_spawnCenter = getMarkerPos "center"; //Center of your map (usually in mission.sqm)
_map = worldName;
diag_log format ["World: %2 Center Positon: %1", _spawnCenter, _map];
_min = 0; // minimum distance from the center position (Number) in meters
_max = 12000; // maximum distance from the center position (Number) in meters
_mindist = 10; // minimum distance from the nearest object (Number) in meters, ie. spawn at least this distance away from anything within x meters..
//Low _mindist means helicrashes could spawn near towns or in forests.. higher the number it would be spawning in an open field etc
_water = 0; // water mode 0: cannot be in water , 1: can either be in water or not , 2: must be in water
_shoremode = 0; // 0: does not have to be at a shore , 1: must be at a shore

Lines Changed are these:

_spawnCenter = getMarkerPos "center"; //Center of your map (usually in mission.sqm)
_map = worldName;
diag_log format ["World: %2 Center Positon: %1", _spawnCenter, _map];

which will output it like this 

15:31:58 "Loading Heli Crashes"
15:31:58 "World: Altis Center Positon: [14939.9,15083.3,0]"

It will automatically get the World name and set its default center according to the map using getMarkerPos "center"

Regards xDeejayCrazyx

Excellent work Richie!

You mentioned in an earlier post regarding BE kicks someone was mentioning.

I had this in early days of the Altis server we had when building map addtions and added wrecks, since changed for Chernarus...anyway I digress.

Anyone getting script restrictions its 90% down to the Wreck used...because it has missiles...yes there are busted missiles on the floor/under the crashed chopper.

BE Filters - scripts.txt & createvehicle.txt add at the end of first line - !="Land_Wreck_Heli_Attack_01_F" and in some cases both of the wrecks !="Land_UWreck_Heli_Attack_02_F"

(Cant remember as I'm at work, if you add it both scripts & createvehicle or just 1 of the files...will edit later to confirm)

On another note...after implementing this holy crap on a cracker did we get attacked in our base! 

Anyone installing this make sure you read the install info Richie has kindly added for our pleasure...but also look at the loot items as you may want to change them...every man and his goat running around the server with 12.7's and Milys (Cyrus rifle) lol!

Oh and yeah...players REALLY do NOT need a map marker.. the smoke can be seem over 2km away! If they miss the smoke...they either need glasses or they are not even playing A3 Epoch!

R.

Excellent work Richie!

On another note...after implementing this holy crap on a cracker did we get attacked in our base! 

Anyone installing this make sure you read the install info Richie has kindly added for our pleasure...but also look at the loot items as you may want to change them...every man and his goat running around the server with 12.7's and Milys (Cyrus rifle) lol!

R.

Thank you Rocko :)

The loot is easy to change, i just added examples so admins can choose what they do and don't want, have rare loot with a few crash sites or common loot with more crashes, whatever suits.

I am glad to hear this works and looking forward to implementing it. I have tried on our test server with no luck, meaning no AI seem to spawn, and when A3AI is run with A3EAI_debugMarkersEnabled = true no markers indicating activation of a trigger appear. I am wondering if it could be due to my having all dynamic and static spawns turned off as we only use custom spawns on our servers but that seems unlikely as our other custom spawns work well. Any insights would be really appreciated.

Not really sure I can help but I only have random spawns intiated in A3EA1 plus customs of course but I am wondering if you are teleporting into the crash site and so not triggering the spawn, I noticed this on a couple of mine, although not all, when I first installed and tested.

kicked off by BattlEye: Script Restriction #22

checked the log and it says:

#22 "(_this select 0) execVM "\A3\Structures_F\Wrecks\Scripts\Wreck_Heli_Attack_01.sqf""

Xavier

Cannot figure out why your getting this...maybe someone else can provide a reason.

However I don't have that exact  item in my scripts.txt either and no problems here (refering to exact code snip -> execVM "\A3\Structures_F\Wrecks\Scripts\Wreck_Heli_Attack_01.sqf"")

However I do have !=execVM "\A3\Structures_F\Wrecks\Scripts\"" 

If you don't have the above...do the bit below 

So...

In notepad ++ go to line 23 and at the end add:

!="execVM "\A3\Structures_F\Wrecks\Scripts\""

Restart your server.

If that fails, be more specific and add at the end of line 23:

!="execVM "\A3\Structures_F\Wrecks\Scripts\Wreck_Heli_Attack_01.sqf""

R.

kicked off by BattlEye: Script Restriction #22

checked the log and it says:

#22 "(_this select 0) execVM "\A3\Structures_F\Wrecks\Scripts\Wreck_Heli_Attack_01.sqf""

Xavier

Send me your scripts.log, i'll send you an exception but it was never something i ever encountered.

So...

Restart your server.

You don't have to restart your server for the scripts.txt to update, just save and the changes take effect.

Not really sure I can help but I only have random spawns intiated in A3EA1 plus customs of course but I am wondering if you are teleporting into the crash site and so not triggering the spawn, I noticed this on a couple of mine, although not all, when I first installed and tested.

Thanks for reply Spartan. I believe I both flew around to find one and teleported. I did notice the other custom spawns I added were triggered after I TP so I suspect that may not be the issue. In looking through the logs it seemed that the helicrash.sqf ran before A3AI had initialized and therefore I wondered if the call to add a custom spawn point might have failed. I fiddled with putting  a delay in the start of  the helicrash script without much luck.

You don't have to restart your server for the scripts.txt to update, just save and the changes take effect.

Safer to reload the pbo with a restart or no?

The script change while live I understand and do...but I would have done a restart to make sure of no other related issues.

R.

Cannot figure out why your getting this...maybe someone else can provide a reason.

However I don't have that exact  item in my scripts.txt either and no problems here (refering to exact code snip -> execVM "\A3\Structures_F\Wrecks\Scripts\Wreck_Heli_Attack_01.sqf"")

However I do have !=execVM "\A3\Structures_F\Wrecks\Scripts\"" 

If you don't have the above...do the bit below 

So...

Restart your server.

If that fails, be more specific and add at the end of line 23:

!="execVM "\A3\Structures_F\Wrecks\Scripts\Wreck_Heli_Attack_01.sqf""

R.

It works! I haven't any bec exception, but it seems to miss some texture:

lZxGdAb.jpg

On the other hand, is there any way to debug the helicrash spawn points? or display some message that scripts is working well? I've checked and found it at fn_init.sqf that code:

diag_log "Loading Heli Crashes";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "helicrash\HeliCrashes.sqf";

diag_log "Heli Crashes Loaded";

and guess should show that message during the startup :?

Thanks in advance :)

The error is part of ArmA, if you look at the path you can see it's a3/weapons_f_mark, so basically it's an error from the new marksmen DLC

You can either wait for the next A3 update or remove it from the crash site loot

Done! and it works like a charm now!  :)

Hi!

Love this script, really nice with heli crashes (one of the best features in old Dayz mod). But OP (Richie) said you still use static spawn locs for your script as you want it more in the locs you want.

Would it be possible for you to share how you setup the static loc script?

Dont really mind to have your exact locs (if you have a chernarus server it would be a bonus), mostly want to know how the script looks like with static locs. Like to put my own locs as im a 3D editor freak and have added alot of my own locations on my server, more fun if i could choose more where the heli crashes would spawn!

Thx again for a really nice script. :)

Thx alot!

Saw right away how you have set this up.:)

Gonna check into it when im abit more sober. :P

I modded my helicrashes some. Noticed for me it spawned double of the same item (weapon, scope etc) on both side i moded it abit. Having lockboxes spawning and i only want one to spawn i did this change to the _lootNum bit. So feel free to use it. :)

As i have splitted the crate0 and crate1 up you allways get different loot on the both sides!

for "_i" from 1 to _lootNum do {
			_crate0 = createVehicle ["weaponHolderSimulated", _vehHeli modelToWorld [(random 10) - 3, (random 10) - 4, 0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
			_crate1 = createVehicle ["weaponHolderSimulated", _vehHeli modelToWorld [(random 10) - 3, (random 10) - 4, 0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_item = _loot call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
			switch (true) do
			{
				case (isClass (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _item)): {
					_kindOf = [(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _item),true] call BIS_fnc_returnParents;
					if ("ItemCore" in _kindOf) then {
						// One item
						_crate0 addItemCargoGlobal [_item,1];
					} else {
						// One Weapon, one to three Mags
						_crate0 addWeaponCargoGlobal [_item,1];

_cAmmo = [] + getArray (configFile >> "cfgWeapons" >> _item >> "magazines");
						{
							if (isClass(missionConfigFile >> "CfgPricing" >> _x)) exitWith {
								_crate0 addMagazineCargoGlobal [_x,(floor(random(3)))+1];
							};
						} forEach _cAmmo;
					};
				};
				case (isClass (configFile >> "cfgMagazines" >> _item)): {
					// One
					_crate0 addMagazineCargoGlobal [_item,1];
				};
				case ((getText(configFile >> "cfgVehicles" >> _item >>  "vehicleClass")) == "Backpacks"): {
					// One
					_crate0 addBackpackCargoGlobal [_item,1];
				};
			};

_item = _loot call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
			switch (true) do
			{
					_kindOf = [(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _item),true] call BIS_fnc_returnParents;
						// One item
						_crate1 addItemCargoGlobal [_item,1];
					} else {
						// One Weapon, one to three Mags
						_crate1 addWeaponCargoGlobal [_item,1];

{
							if (isClass(missionConfigFile >> "CfgPricing" >> _x)) exitWith {
								_crate1 addMagazineCargoGlobal [_x,(floor(random(3)))+1];
							};
						} forEach _cAmmo;
					};
				};
				case (isClass (configFile >> "cfgMagazines" >> _item)): {
					// One
					_crate1 addMagazineCargoGlobal [_item,1];
				};
				case ((getText(configFile >> "cfgVehicles" >> _item >>  "vehicleClass")) == "Backpacks"): {
					// One
					_crate1 addBackpackCargoGlobal [_item,1];
				};
			};			

_crate0 setPos [(getPos _crate0 select 0) +5, (getPos _crate0 select 1), 0];
			_crate1 setPos [(getPos _crate1 select 0) -10, (getPos _crate1 select 1), 0];
			_crate0 setVariable ["LAST_CHECK", (diag_tickTime + 14400)];
			_crate1 setVariable ["LAST_CHECK", (diag_tickTime + 14400)];
			_cutter0 = "Land_ClutterCutter_medium_F" createVehicle (getpos _crate0);
			_cutter1 = "Land_ClutterCutter_medium_F" createVehicle (getpos _crate1);
			_cutter0 setVariable ["LAST_CHECK", (diag_tickTime + 14400)];
			_cutter1 setVariable ["LAST_CHECK", (diag_tickTime + 14400)];

};

Combined with A3EAI you could add the crash location as a spawn location for AI, insert at line 39 of HeliCrashes.sqf:

I do the same with Zupas capture points and random crate spawns

//Infantry spawns using the A3EAI
_CrashName = format ["Crashsite_%1",_j];
[_CrashName,_posOfCrash,75,3,2,false,300] call A3EAI_createCustomInfantryQueue;	
diag_log text format ["[HeliCrash]: Creating AI at %1 (%2)",_CrashName,_posOfCrash];

@second_coming:

How do I decrease the amount of boots at the scene?

The ammo should spawn with the weapon Darth, no idea why RHS weapons would be different, the following code spawns the ammo unless you changed it ?

// Min 1, Max 2
                        _crate0 addItemCargoGlobal [_item,(floor(random(2)))+1];
                        _crate1 addItemCargoGlobal [_item,(floor(random(2)))+1];
                    } else {
                        // One Weapon, Three Mags

{
                            if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPricing" >> _x)) exitWith {
                                _crate0 addMagazineCargoGlobal [_x,3];
                                _crate1 addMagazineCargoGlobal [_x,3];
                            };
                        } forEach _cAmmo;
                    };
                };

The ammo should spawn with the weapon Darth, no idea why RHS weapons would be different, the following code spawns the ammo unless you changed it ?

// Min 1, Max 2
                        _crate0 addItemCargoGlobal [_item,(floor(random(2)))+1];
                        _crate1 addItemCargoGlobal [_item,(floor(random(2)))+1];
                    } else {
                        // One Weapon, Three Mags

{
                            if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPricing" >> _x)) exitWith {
                                _crate0 addMagazineCargoGlobal [_x,3];
                                _crate1 addMagazineCargoGlobal [_x,3];
                            };
                        } forEach _cAmmo;
                    };
                };

No I didn't mess with the code other than to add the RHS weapon classnames to the loot list.