Dayz style heli crash sites

Richie

I still can't get it to work. All I have in RPT is @epochhive\addons\helicrash.pbo - unknown at start of the server and nothing else. I tried coordinates for spawn, then random spawn script and nothing showed either. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance

I use infistar AH so maybe that causes helis to not spawn?

@EpochHive\addons\helicrash.pbo - unknown

Is perfectly normal and the correct location for the file, after that you should have 2 more entries :

"Loading Heli Crashes"

Once loaded your RPT will have :

"Heli Crashes Loaded"

Try searching your RPT for the last 2 entries, Infistar and the Epoch AH won't make a difference, I tested using both :)

If you can improve it then you have my permission to do what you want with it.

I didn't actully think it would be so popular, I seen a few people ask so i shared it, I still have a few little bits i want to change but overall it's done.

Some feedback for you if you say you didn't think it would be popular .

When my mates and I started playing Epoch we pretty much just came from 1000+ hours of Breaking point (A.K.A Broken point)  and we were obviously looking for a similar experience.

The first night we talked a lot about the heli crashes and how we found most of the epic loot there  and we wondered if there is anything like that in Epoch. 

After about a week we decided that that is not the case and moved on from the idea, but when I saw your post I let my mates know and they said we should implement it as soon as humanly possible. 

The first hunt to test the heli crashes was absolutely legendary, and that sir is exactly what we were looking for as an addon. We salute you for releasing this :) 

Sorry I was wrong. I missed Script x\addons\helicrash\init\fn_init.sqf not found in RPT. What can I change to load this script correctly? I can't find solution in answers above

Redownload the script from the original post, it's been adjusted as some were having issues, it should now work, let me know if it does for you :)

The first hunt to test the heli crashes was absolutely legendary, and that sir is exactly what we were looking for as an addon. We salute you for releasing this :)

Thank you R4ziel, glad you enjoy it, my idea was the same thing, stops players being bored and gives you a reason to explore and move about, it does the job well :)

Redownload the script from the original post, it's been adjusted as some were having issues, it should now work, let me know if it does for you :)

Thank you R4ziel, glad you enjoy it, my idea was the same thing, stops players being bored and gives you a reason to explore and move about, it does the job well :)

Well we regularly have less than 5 players online, yeah South Africa and Arma 3 dont go well together it seems, but we have alot of AI on the map with varying difficulties and that keeps everyone entertained most of the time. 

Had to move the map centre North for a more even distribution but it is working fine.

On the subject of improvements, I like the idea of a little window dressing so some dead bodies would be good, also I like the idea of animated crashes.

Thinking back to the original dayz heli crashes there was always an element of risk because of the Z's that spawned in and I think there should be a similar risk factor, it could probably only be done with ai but at least the loot would not be a total giveaway, and please this is not a criticism of the existing script I am glad to have it but just by way of a suggestion.

Add this to scripts.txt line 5 - !"1 = \"#particlesource\" createVehicleLocal getpos _v;"

iv added this and im still getting kicked for

- #4 " setParticleClass "ObjectDestructionFire1Smallx";

_source01 attachto [_object,[0,0,0]];

_source02 = "#particlesource" createVeh"

Had to move the map centre North for a more even distribution but it is working fine.

On the subject of improvements, I like the idea of a little window dressing so some dead bodies would be good, also I like the idea of animated crashes.

Thinking back to the original dayz heli crashes there was always an element of risk because of the Z's that spawned in and I think there should be a similar risk factor, it could probably only be done with ai but at least the loot would not be a total giveaway, and please this is not a criticism of the existing script I am glad to have it but just by way of a suggestion.

Combined with A3EAI you could add the crash location as a spawn location for AI, insert at line 39 of HeliCrashes.sqf:

I do the same with Zupas capture points and random crate spawns

//Infantry spawns using the A3EAI
_CrashName = format ["Crashsite_%1",_j];
[_CrashName,_posOfCrash,75,3,2,false,300] call A3EAI_createCustomInfantryQueue;	
diag_log text format ["[HeliCrash]: Creating AI at %1 (%2)",_CrashName,_posOfCrash];

Combined with A3EAI you could add the crash location as a spawn location for AI, insert at line 39 of HeliCrashes.sqf:

I do the same with Zupas capture points and random crate spawns

//Infantry spawns using the A3EAI
_CrashName = format ["Crashsite_%1",_j];
[_CrashName,_posOfCrash,75,3,2,false,300] call A3EAI_createCustomInfantryQueue;	
diag_log text format ["[HeliCrash]: Creating AI at %1 (%2)",_CrashName,_posOfCrash];

Wow that's briliant I did not expect to have anyone respond to that wish so fast, thank you second_coming I have implemented that and it is working perfectly, I had reduced the loot at the crashes but it looks like I will have to up it again now so players will take the bait  :D

Wow that's briliant I did not expect to have anyone respond to that wish so fast, thank you second_coming I have implemented that and it is working perfectly, I had reduced the loot at the crashes but it looks like I will have to up it again now so players will take the bait  :D

With Ai on the ground you could also change the crash model to a land based vehicle if you want, might make more sense ?

Find

_helicopters = ["Land_UWreck_Heli_Attack_02_F","Land_Wreck_Heli_Attack_01_F"]; //Add Heli classnames here

Change to

_helicopters = ["Land_Wreck_Truck_F","Land_Wreck_Ural_F"]; //Add Heli classnames here

or pick your own from this list

With Ai on the ground you could also change the crash model to a land based vehicle if you want, might make more sense ?

Find

_helicopters = ["Land_UWreck_Heli_Attack_02_F","Land_Wreck_Heli_Attack_01_F"]; //Add Heli classnames here

Change to

_helicopters = ["Land_Wreck_Truck_F","Land_Wreck_Ural_F"]; //Add Heli classnames here

or pick your own from this list

Thanks Richie, I was going to go looking for that list as one of the wreck models is squiffy on hillsides so wanted to experiment with other alternatives but you have saved me the trouble so I am much obliged.

This is really cool because it gives plenty of options,   :)

I was considering spawning in fully working vehicles and just exploding them :)

I originally thought about that and blowing them by a trigger, the problem is once blown up the wreck gets cleaned up or the vehicle gets cleaned up before anyone goes nearby, you can add an exception though.

22:49:34 Object WeaponHolderSimulated can't have zero or negative mass! a3\weapons_f\dummyweapon.p3d

im getting some spam in the client rpt after installing this, my guess is one of the weapons are no good for putting in a weapon holder, most likely one of the ones with optics on it ...

perhaps split it up so weapons spawn with no attachments and attachments spawn random?

I disagree.  The smoke from these can be seen from almost 2k away.  Half the fun of these is going looking for them.  If you put a marker on the map that will just spoil it.  Plus, if you have markers all over the map for these, markers for AI missions, plant spawns, loot containers on the coast.....when you pull up the map it's just going to get cluttered and look like ass.  Just my 2 cents.  

I disagree.  The smoke from these can be seen from almost 2k away.  Half the fun of these is going looking for them.  If you put a marker on the map that will just spoil it.  Plus, if you have markers all over the map for these, markers for AI missions, plant spawns, loot containers on the coast.....when you pull up the map it's just going to get cluttered and look like ass.  Just my 2 cents.

i will implement this script as it is just some edits to the loot...but i think it might be a good idea to edit the script that its possible to choose to use markers/hints/radio calls so that everybody can suit to own needs.