Dayz style heli crash sites

Richie

My first release and i'm sure the code could be better, so don't shoot me :P

What this does is spawn a fixed number of heli crash sites with random loot round it.

The script works on all maps (Thank you Andrew_S90) and will spawn the crash sites randomly round the map.

The loot spawns on both sides of the crash, I did want it spawning 360 degrees but that's over my scripting ability.

The crash sites and loot stay in game until the next restart.

What can be changed  :

Number of crash sites that spawn - default is 5

Number of loot piles at the crash sites - default is 15

Loot that spawns - Edit the loot array

Installation :

To use simply drop the helicrash.pbo inside @epochhive/addons/ (Same location as a3_epoch_server.pbo and a3_epoch_server_settings.pbo)

No BE filters to edit :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FmTthtULBw&feature=youtu.be

88x31.png

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

You may not charge for installing this script !

Credits - Richie, TheVampire & xBowBii

Download link is Here

Map center points, thank you Aale and San :)

Chernarus:     [6968.66, 324.481, 8345.91]
Altis:               [14939.9, 0.0534991, 15083.3]
Bornholm:      [10058.3, 117.542, 9015.85]
Stratis:           [4031.66, 110.605, 4222.18]
Taviana      [12800,0,12800]

Looks nice but you really should use BIS_fnc_findSafePos instead of selecting from a huge list of coordinates that you want the heli to spawn at.

So instead of having to add about a hundred different coordinates by hand, it randomly selects a good area thats customizable..

How it would work for your script..

//Variables you can change

_spawnCenter = [10088,9045,0]; //Center of your map (usually in mission.sqm)

_min = 0; // minimum distance from the center position (Number) in meters

_max = 12000; // maximum distance from the center position (Number) in meters

_mindist = 5; // minimum distance from the nearest object (Number) in meters, ie. spawn at least this distance away from anything within x meters..
//Low _mindist means helicrashes could spawn near towns or in forests.. higher the number it would be spawning in an open field etc
_water = 0; // water mode 0: cannot be in water , 1: can either be in water or not , 2: must be in water
_shoremode = 0; // 0: does not have to be at a shore , 1: must be at a shore

//then in your script instead of...

_posOfCrash = _coords call BIS_fnc_SelectRandom;

//it would be

_posOfCrash = [_spawnCenter,_min,_max,_mindist,_water,20,_shoremode] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos; // find a random loc

_vehHeli setposATL [(_posOfCrash) select 0,(_posOfCrash) select 1,0];

//the "20" inside _posOfCrash would be the max height of a slope in meters it can spawn.. so lower = flatter land but I would keep it at 20 or so :D

Then all you have to do to modify it to your map would be change the center _spawnCenter and the distance

Hope this helps a bit

Looks nice but you really should use BIS_fnc_findSafePos instead of selecting from a huge list of coordinates that you want the heli to spawn at.

So instead of having to add about a hundred different coordinates by hand, it randomly selects a good area thats customizable..

How it would work for your script..

//Variables you can change

_spawnCenter = [10088,9045,0]; //Center of your map (usually in mission.sqm)

_min = 0; // minimum distance from the center position (Number) in meters

_max = 12000; // maximum distance from the center position (Number) in meters

_mindist = 5; // minimum distance from the nearest object (Number) in meters, ie. spawn at least this distance away from anything within x meters..
//Low _mindist means helicrashes could spawn near towns or in forests.. higher the number it would be spawning in an open field etc
_water = 0; // water mode 0: cannot be in water , 1: can either be in water or not , 2: must be in water
_shoremode = 0; // 0: does not have to be at a shore , 1: must be at a shore

//then in your script instead of...

_posOfCrash = _coords call BIS_fnc_SelectRandom;

//it would be

_posOfCrash = [_spawnCenter,_min,_max,_mindist,_water,20,_shoremode] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos; // find a random loc

_vehHeli setposATL [(_posOfCrash) select 0,(_posOfCrash) select 1,0];

//the "20" inside _posOfCrash would be the max height of a slope in meters it can spawn.. so lower = flatter land but I would keep it at 20 or so :D

Then all you have to do to modify it to your map would be change the center _spawnCenter and the distance

Hope this helps a bit

Where do I add?

19.04.2015 16:24:27: Jonas (xxxxxxxxxxxx:2304) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #4 "1 = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal getpos _v;
_smoke1 attachTo [_v,[0,0,0],"engine_effect_1"];
_pos = getPos _smoke1;
dele"

19.04.2015 16:24:27: Jonas (xxxxxxxxxxxx:2304) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #4 " setParticleClass "ObjectDestructionFire1Smallx";
_source01 attachto [_object,[0,0,0]];

19.04.2015 16:24:24: Jonas (187.10.26.113:2304) 4e2fd5a759f79ee5ab7da8c25bbfd3ba - #4 " setParticleClass "ObjectDestructionFire1Smallx";
_source01 attachto [_object,[0,0,0]];

_source02 = "#particlesource" createVeh"