Is cinder damage threshold the same on all servers, if so game has been killed for me. Please fix.

teknotel

I play epoch (well overpoch if I am honest) everyday. Cinder is now indestructible according to the server i play on. They say this is a change with the latest epoch update and there is nothing they can do. Is this the case firstly?

If this is not the case I apologise for writing this next bit unnecessarily but I checked out other servers forums and they are all saying the same thing about cinder being indestructible so I am presuming it is the case. If this is the case the longevity of the game has been totally killed for me. Here is a step by step game play guide showing why:

1) Gear up

2) Meet some friends and team up

3) Build a base together

4) Stock up on guns, ammos and explosives to store in your shelves and lockboxes

5) Notice lots of crybaby's and total dicks in side chat. Some of them wear clan tags. Decide to go and teach these crybabies a lesson.

6) Find out where there base is from their countless enemies.

7) Travel to their base in a vehicle loaded with satchels and other explosives.

8) Realise after you get there and use the weeks worth of satchels you have farmed that you cannot actually get into their base. They just stay inside and dont get seen so your snipers cant even do anything.

9) Leave

10) Make your base indestructible by copying the things they have done.

11) Realise that side chat is actually where all battles happen between established groups who have guns, vehicles, ammo and indestructible base because there is nothing you can do to them at their bases. This is why side chat seems full of dicks and crybabies because there is no way of settling anything in combat.

12) Get bored of farming for nothing and fighting bambis.

13) Leave server

Here is me actually trying to destroy a base and showing why it is impossible. Dont get me wrong this was fun, there is just no real reason for me to do it again as their is no way of it being successful which is the point here.

It doesn't help that most servers have no rules against building in towns or looting areas. This means that every town or loot area has what I like to call, a 'retard tower' either right bang in the middle of it, or overlooking it. So you go there and you get 50. cal shot from people on top of it. This means that areas where you might bump into other groups looting and have an actual fight in a town you don't because no one goes their as some group have decided to take an entire town away from all the other players on the map.

I love playing this mod so much. But cinder wall being indestructible as well as other things I have mentioned now make me feel like I have done everything and there is nothing else really for me to do in the game anymore. Base raiding is a key late game feature and without it the game is totally ruined in my opinion.

Its not a feature of the mod, its a choice server owners make, and I believe this server put a poll to the players about indestructibility. Servers that are mainly PvP have this feature as some groups take pleasure in destroying others work.

I have cinder indestructible on my server as that's what was wanted.

Not that's its really needed with the increase I'm armour on parts since 0301.

Server admins can make building pieces indestructible, but even if they don't parts are still very hard to destroy. A metal wall will take around 3 satchels, a cinder wall 8, and a cinder door 16. A jammer will take about 8 satchels and the only ammo that affects jammers now is the APDS rounds, nothing else will do any damage to it. Also, there have been many reports that when building pieces are sunk into the ground, it makes them indestructible and I have experienced this myself.