sky base building

sfxunknown

So i figured out how to make a sky base, if you are a admin using infistar admin tools, teleport to the ocean where you want to make your base. swim at the surface, spawn a concrete pier, then go on top of it, place wood floors down . delete the pier, and boom floating floors. then add whatever you want to it. if youre not an admin ask them to do this for you. post-30999-0-40425500-1429242956_thumb.j

Getting cold on the water is natural in my opinion.

Didn't matter if you were on a base or a boat.

Epoch should consider making a floating base like a houseboat that can be un-anchored and moved.. 

Never seen that in any mod yet.

I'd love to see a sky base that is way up in the sky and not on top a tower or 5 or 10 meters above the ground/water.

Show me one that is several 100 meters above the ground/water and I'll call that a true sky-base.

Yeah not sure how that's a bug. You're supposed to get cold out at sea. Epoch buildables aren't part of Arma, and I don't think they would have taken floating/flying buildings into consideration anyways. Jus sayin =p

Getting cold on the water is natural in my opinion.

Didn't matter if you were on a base or a boat.

Epoch should consider making a floating base like a houseboat that can be un-anchored and moved.. 

Never seen that in any mod yet.

I'd love to see a sky base that is way up in the sky and not on top a tower or 5 or 10 meters above the ground/water.

Show me one that is several 100 meters above the ground/water and I'll call that a true sky-base.

but the Epoch limit for height above ground is 99 meters. After 100 you start floating into the air constantly (as if you were falling down) and can not move. At least it was like this in previous patch, but I doubt that it was fixed yet. And have no idea if it is a bug or a feature.

i never had cold issues, and yes you can make a sky base above land, i never tried, but i only tried over the ocean due to my imagination of making an oil rig type building. i never really built alot of bases in my time until i figured out the ,magic behind it.