Indestructible bases, why do you like that feature?

Tobias Solem

So here is why I am all for indestructable bases.

Last night @ 8pm local a bunch of guys decided to raid our base again. Slinging vehicles and trying to drop them on our base again. The first was a .50 cal offroad, which was luckily not destroyed so we repaired it and pulled it into our garage. Short while afterwards they came back with a ghosthawk. So we used their .50 cal and got the chopper down. While this was going on some of our members got taken out and while running in they gave us some valuable intel. We had 2 guys in the area giving intel and  4 guys actively engaging the attackers. So while this was going on other players on the server saw the friendly kills and got focused on a single individual which was causing trouble all over the map at various bases. Eventually at about 10pm the attackers decided they want to call a cease fire. In the process of getting to some neutral ground we took incoming from another group. This lead to a battle flair up between us joined by enemy no 1 and the new group of attackers.

After another 2 hours of fighting the new group, getting enemy no 1 out of the area the new group contacted us to call a cease fire. Apparently they were looking for group no 1 as the one member kept messing around their base. So basically our base was a target for one group and mistaken as an enemy base right after that. We fended of 3 ghosthawks as well as a total of 10 attackers with only 4 group members actively engaging enemy targets. As a PVE group we are in constant PVP skirmishes trying to keep our base safe and all the work we put in.

Bushwick, I dont like your idea.  It awards players for being offline and punishes players for being online.

A large group could log onto the server where they built 4 bases and only lo gone 1 time a week for 5 minutes to maintain their bases, and they would be untouchable.  Only thing they would do is take up the building #s in that server.

It seems that most of the community (at least most of the people I see posting on the forums) is all for non militarized servers because it's a "survival" game and most of the community (at least most of the people I see posting on the forums) seem to like indestructable bases.  Again, this is what I think based on what I see.

IMO they kind of counter each other.  If it's a "survival" game, indestructable bases kind of kill the survival aspect.  Sitting in a wood and corrugated metal box is kind of basic shelter.  Why should you be safe from bandits, whether player or ai? 

I hear if you post a sign outside that says "This is a gun free zone" that you'll be all warm, safe, and fuzzy there.

Bushwick, I dont like your idea.  It awards players for being offline and punishes players for being online.

A large group could log onto the server where they built 4 bases and only lo gone 1 time a week for 5 minutes to maintain their bases, and they would be untouchable.  Only thing they would do is take up the building #s in that server.

Then make it 1 jammer per group. You shouldn't be claiming other peoples hard built bases anyway. That's a dick move.

I have players that will farm satchels and then in one night wreck everything.

So I have anything Cinder is indestructible, but then have lock picker, that way people can still base raid but they cant destroy everything people have farmed so hard to get. but if you start with a wood base you have an incentive to farm for cinder to make it stronger  

That's my 2p

I think it is stupid to build indestructible bases ! What is with the world limit ? If it´s reached and new player come on the server ...they have no chance !

You just increase the build count and limit by jammer :)

Mine is 400 objects per jammer and 9000 world limit, that means 23 bases at 400 items, most don't go over 200 so that means 46 bases, more than enough.

A simple switch built into Epoch that would allow us to decide what level it would be on our server would be nice.

As in:

0.0 = destructible all materials.

0.5 = semi destructible - add items that are and are not destructible to a list.

1.0 = completely indestructible bases.

I know there is a script out there that allows for this already, however it doesn't always work. After the updates the cinder garage doors are indestructible and they are supposed to be destructible...

I haven't looked into it and or a fix because people at the moment are running rounds checking out the new content....anyway.. I digress.

R.

Hi,

What's the point of the game? If you want to build Houses (Bases) and create a garden....then play Minecraft or something else but don`t play Arma. I think indestructible bases is stupid it makes the game interesant only for pussies. Build your indestructible bases paints them in pink and have fun.

The best part is the server on which also runs the donator system. Wo have these huge, unimaginable bases, because they pay extra.

However, you will soon be alone on your pussy servers because there are comming no new players.
I know some servers, they don´t exist any longer because there are no players left and if you run a server for a view month and there are no players on you will not longer pay for it.

So let's go back to the origins of game and finally having fun again.

If people are paying or playing in servers with indestructible bases, they obviously have fun unless you want to define what should be fun for everybody. In my opinion, indestructible bases only makes sense in PVE servers, where you can not kill other players anyway so there is no point in raiding their base, but as a security measure, bases made indestructible.