Server Setup Questions

reunion51

Question

Hey guys;

Did a bit of a search here and couldnt find to much info so thought i would ask about the following

1) /killme.

This doesnt seem to be a dafualt setting so wondering how we activate it or script it in

2) Direct Chat;

We seem to be getting a restriction on our direct chat. Giving us a count down of uses before we get kicked . Guessing BE setting but not sure where or what we are looking for.

3) Player naming restrictions

As above, pretty sure must be a BE filter but cant seem to locate it.

Any help on the above would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance

6 answers to this question

u type killme to suicide and it's set as default, at least it was/is on my server, chat restrictions are set in your description.ext file, u need to un .pbo epoch_Altis it's in there, adjust then re .pbo & launch.

you have a long way to go, welcome to the world of server hosting, btw if u can drop your provider & host your own ;)

u type killme to suicide and it's set as default, at least it was/is on my server, chat restrictions are set in your description.ext file, u need to un .pbo epoch_Altis it's in there, adjust then re .pbo & launch.

you have a long way to go, welcome to the world of server hosting, btw if u can drop your provider & host your own ;)

Hey thanks mate. Managed to find the 2nd and 3rd after a bit more digging. But yeah the /killme still cant work that one. Maybe as another poster said it is handle by infistart which we dont have as yet.

Also no issues with provider as yet but as we grow our community we will look int oa dedicated server.

Thanks again guys