To Server admins Vaulting thru window legit or not?

1Man

So a player I witnessed vaulted thru a WIP Construction building window [lower level just to the left of the middle stairs] which took numerous attempts, now the way I see it you cant vault thru windows but we all know you can vault thru walls. So I am really interested what you all think about this as I am torn between the 2.

You should know your in-map buildings before building in them.  If you don't, and you build there, well I guess you'll discover them.  Either that or someone else will and you'll just whinge about people cheating.  IMO finding flaws in your build design should be a priority before crying "HE GLITCHED INTO MAH BASE!"  Try glitching into your own base, if you can do it then change it.  How does Murphy's law go again?

You should know your in-map buildings before building in them.  If you don't, and you build there, well I guess you'll discover them.  Either that or someone else will and you'll just whinge about people cheating.  IMO finding flaws in your build design should be a priority before crying "HE GLITCHED INTO MAH BASE!"  Try glitching into your own base, if you can do it then change it.  How does Murphy's law go again?

While I agree with this, glitching is still glitching and shouldn't be tolerated.

@1man - IMO, vault should only work when going over the small fences.  Anything more than waist high isn't legit.  I don't think the game intended for you to vault through windows either. 

ARMA lacks realism in some areas to the point it's just being dumb. For example, there are waist-high concrete walls you can't get over, or windows into churches that are a bit lower than to your neck, and you can't climb up and through the window. Personally I think stuff like that should be simulated, alongside bullet penetration, ballistic arcs, damage models and destructible buildings. The fact you cannot quickly go down ladders or move certain items and step up onto them, seems really weird to me.

If I saw someone vault through a window that was open or cracked by a firearm, I probably would see it as legit and allow it.