[RESOLVED] GTX Denying access to my work

Hi,

since a few hours the Folder EPOCHMODS is restricted from GTX Gaming. I only noticed, as i wanted to update some of my files. Now i can't do anything anymore, i can't update my scripts and i can't download anything etc.

I've send GTX a Ticket:

My EPOCHMODS Folder has been deleted, because of the "Dayz - World Exclusive! One Click Addons Released"...

Answer:

Hi Martin

This is a restricted folder sir.

Best Regards

Harkness
GTX Support

So i replied:

Sorry, but that Folder was not always restricted. There is a bunch of custom scripts, that i created and i need to update, it's my work and you cannot deny access to my work!

Also i have payed for the Server, that includes FTP Access to all files. If you can not give me what i paid for, then i want my money back.

And the last answer:

Hi Martin

Im sorry you feel that way sir however you are wrong. This folder consists of our work. To be specific Ken and Craigs work. If you have added files to this folder this is your own fault sir. Also please see our website terms regarding refunds for game servers.

Best Regards

Harkness
GTX Support

Sorry, that this might be misplaced, but i don't know where else i can write to. That Folder contains scripts, that really need to be updated to provide functionality, some of the scripts where 100% my own work and nobody ever said, that i can't use that Folder. Now i can delete some of the scripts, but not all, because some calls are inside the EPOCHMOD folder, i can only change the calls that i have got in my init.sqf and compiles.sqf.

Can anybody help me on this? It's kinda really urgent...

Ok, when you buy the server from GTX Gaming, it comes obviously with a Bunch of Folders, for example "MPMissions". Now inside there is "DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus" right and that second folder contains by default of GTX a bunch of folders, such as "EPOCHMODS", where all mods are nicely sorted and stored and also a Folder "IMG" and "DAYZ_CODE", a bunch of Folders really.

So i lovely merged all those mods and addons into the EPOCHMODS Folder, for example everything the genious zupa made is in there, the P4L scripts are all merged with the Vector and Snap Build files etc.. It took me ages to do all that and now they denied access to the Folder, so my own scripts, like (names probably won't tell you anything, but) i had a fast upgrade script, where you pay with coins but don't need items, a fuel pump upgrade really a total of 9 self made additions, some big and complicated, some small and easy.

After i had to renew my laptop a few days ago, i lost all the files i stored locally as a backup and i didn't bother doing a new one, because i simply didn't change a lot since then. Now all i've done is lost and they wont let me access it, so i can neither edit paths so i could put the scripts somewhere else, nor can i download or change anything, that urgently needs an update... I.e: The whole server is screwed, until i gain access to the Folder.

Even if i change the hoster now, i would have to do it all again and that's a pain.

In the GTX description they promise:

Full FTP Access

With us you get full ftp so you can download all of your files.

But yeah, obviously a lie, and the support is a kid, by the looks of it:

Hi Martin

I am no longer dealing with you. Wait for the manager. You are rude and not nice.

Regards

Harkness
GTX Support

I know i'm really making them bad and harassing or however that's called, but all i want is some advice in how i could (legally!) get my files and my work back.

//EDIT: PS; Vert Hosting is expensive and i can't find arma2 epoch servers.

I had Survival Servers and GTX. To make a long story short I left Survival and went to GTX for a short time. Got pissed on by GTX worse than any provider that I ever had. I've went back to Survival Servers. Their support somewhat used to suck but has seemed to change recently. GTX support was always just excuse after excuse just replying to support tickets,just to make you think they were fixing the problem and took too long to actually get fixed. I'll never go back to GTX nor will I ever recommend them to anyone! GTX control panel was down almost every day while I was there. They are garbage.

Sucks that this happened to you..

I am actually quite interested in how this will end (especially on the side of GTX Gaming). Please keep the thread updated. :)

The Manager finally replied (Nice guy, i like him but i don't quite agree with the answer)

Hi Martin

Okay so from what I have read, you have installed custom addons yourself and used the folder that we reserved for the 1 click addons (which was unknown to you and everyone else at this time) and now that we have enabled the 1 click addons that folder has now been restricted due to security and to protect our intellectual property.

Now the easy fix here is quite simply for you to install your addons into a different folder which you can easily create via FTP.

Once you have created said folder If you tell me the custom scripts you installed yourself (Not scripts created by GTX) then I can copy these over for you and then you can change were those scripts are begin called from for example dayz_server.pbo and change the file path to reflect the new folder.

Just to clarify we do grant access to FTP however private folders used for GTX custom scripts are not included otherwise our work then be insecure and easily copied.

Please let me know what you wish to do.

Kind Regards,

Karl Griffin

General Manager

GTXGaming.co.uk

My answer:

Hi,

well the problem with that is (as mentioned), that i have made changes in nearly all custom Mods, except the Suicide Mod. I understand, that you want to protect your work, but the truth is, that in that Folder is fairly nothing, that is your work. This sounds very unfriendly, but those Mods are not created by you, they are created by free scripters, who shared their work with the epochmod.com community. By changing all of those Modifications i don't own them, but without the ability to update what i have changed, where is the point in having your super special feature? Sorry, but i did not ask for that feature, i merged all those Mods myself and that is a work, that neither you nor the real owner of the Modifications can claim.

Therefore in this matter, saying that i won't be gaining access so you can protect your work - is simply misplaced.

If you are really interested in a solution i suggest, that you copy all contents from the EPOCHMOD Folder into a new Folder, that you can name whatever you want. Of course you can keep the Suicide script out of that, if it is such a big matter.

Again: Sorry to sound unfriendly...

I designed the mission file and as soon as I did they fired me, I had a dedicated box I paid for and on the termination day the "raid card" dies and all the hard drives were wiped. The clan that my self and a few other do work lost months of work not just Epoch but CS-Go and Gary Mods stuff, alot of it was custom

I set up the mission file not Ken...Ken is their TCADMIN guy and the files were never meant to be the default files but s option nor were they supposed to be locked down. That in itself is just stupid.  The customer should be able to edit the mission file unless they changed something and are hiding it.

I asked them to stop charging for using my files they say no.They made it the default mission file..

I made a custom hybrid banking system that was a combo of Souls 2.0 and Zupa's 3.0. I specifically asked Matt the head of GTX to remove the files as they did not have permission to use them or to charge for them. I will repeat , GTX  I have spoken to you at length that YOU are NOT to Use the New Banking files.  I will be setting up a GITHUB and I will be posting the link and the files in the proper forum, with instructions in the next few days FOR FREE, restiction free with the proper people credited like Soul, Zupa and few i may of missed.

This is absolute bullshit (excuse my language). GTX Gaming is a bunch of uneducated and unprofessional children that have no idea what they are doing. I hope you get your work back man. Like everyone else in this thread is saying, keep this updated. I'm really interested in this. Also, I recommenced you getting your stuff and getting out of that host. Buy a VPS, or a dedicated machine to where you have all the permissions yourself. Good luck brother. 

To be honest i don't mind sharing my work. First of all it's only tiny mods you know those kind of mods you maybe think about a few times because it's just something "nice to have". It's nothing really record breaking.

Second: some mods are pretty useless without the server.pbo that i quickly replaced after reading those replies.

Third (i think it was mgm) hwo told me to license my work and that's what i did (GNU General Public License) - means, if they sell anything that is mine i can and will sue them. If they publicate it, i don't care. As i said, i don't mind sharing.

what is urgent for me is just to have those files back, because i don't have all of them backed up on my laptop.

PS: With smal mods i mean the function they have is just smal, those files all together do have a couple thousand code lines.

Anyway: I guess nobody has an idea how to force them to give me those folder contents (as that is why i started this thread)?

...and yet they continue to be an official "supporter" of Epoch... They've had issues in the past where authors of scripts asked them to remove their work from their one click install system because they were charging for it. 

And as long as they keep throwing $100 donations to the Epoch dev team they will continue to be official supporters ;)

This is what makes people hate them even more..............................................

...and yet they continue to be an official "supporter" of Epoch... They've had issues in the past where authors of scripts asked them to remove their work from their one click install system because they were charging for it. 

That was I don't think i've ever seen a thread about GTX charging, this is the first :unsure:

This is just ridiculous man. Something needs to be done.

It has been discussed authors of the scripts can have their work removed, some now include a license stating they can't charge for the installs.

I am  a former customer of GTX :angry:  as well and they stole my money upon my departing with them, which forced me to do a charge back with PayPal, which is the only way i received my so called credit back.

As for XerxesIv  i am extremely proud of you for releasing these mods to the community, to keep them where they need to be. Cheers

XerxesIv nicely uploaded a bunch of Files, so i can start doing my changes already.

GTX - they did not answer yet, but it's only 12 Hours past the last message ..

As for all those 1 click addons - what the heck is that? What's with all the good addons and the configuration files for those addons? Does GTX even know, what the hell they are doing? Then again, that's 100% the Folder structure, that XerxesIv showed us, but they are charging for it. Sorry, but i can't believe, that they were "developing" for Months on that "super cool feature", but at the end, it's a PHP Script writing to a File. It takes 2 days to copy + paste that!

PS: Meanwhile the Ticket status changed from "Customer Reply" to "Your Ticket Will Be Answered Shortly". 

//EDIT: It's not over 14 Hours past, since i wrote the last reply. For some reason i doubt, that this conversation will go on.

To be clear, first off. GTXGaming is not even charging for this. Second, Craig you were fired from GTXGaming AND Survival Servers in under 2 months so im really starting to wonder why. Ken worked hard on this and did all of the back end work to make these one clicks work. Your not Messing over GTXGaming, your messing over Ken. From what i hear he was the #1 person supporting you to keep your job and fought for you to the end. so repay him by messing over all of his work. He worked on this right along side you. Its just as much his as it is yours and i doubt you even thought to ask him wether he was ok with you putting his work out there as well.

Its a wonder why you keep getting fired.....

But just so all you guys no it is 100% free of charge. as well the one clicks that you released on github are only a small portion of the one click. Sure you posted the mission file but you didnt post the backend. They worked hard to make this for the community and you are trying to destroy that work?

I have sent this thread to GTX so they can address it directly with the OP. 

UKMartin, Please take this issue up with GTX support directly.

Update: OP sent PM stating this has been resolved.
Edited by vbawol
Update: OP sent PM stating this has been resolved.