Repair & Rearming script

Halvhjearne

I was personally looking for a repair / re-arming script for arma 3 epoch and noticed that there wasnt really any good out there yet, so i decide to do something about that.

i went back in my a2 mission file and fetched this scrip that was originally written by  ported it to work with crypto changed it so it allows you to re-arm all types of magazines for all types of weapons (from drivers seat), removed re-fuel (as fuel is auto and free on any fuelstation) and added a few extra features like a banned weapons array, banned magazines array, max global amount of magazines, max magazines for each weapon and colour of scroll action, you can check out here:

http://pastebin.com/uMrvqiGT

http://pastebin.com/7MNi6KZc

http://pastebin.com/ySETb79x

for anyone who does not know how to add this:

put all files in a folde called addons\service_point\ in your mission

if you already have an init.sqf, add the line from the code tag below to the bottom of yours:

if you do not have an init,sqf in your mission, then make an empty file, call it init.sqf and add the lines in code tag below:

if(hasInterface) then{
	[] execVM "addons\service_point\service_point.sqf";
};

or you can edit the line:

_folder = "addons\service_point\"; // folder where the service point scripts are saved, relative to the mission file

and put it wherever you want.

By default, this will only work with "Land_CarService_F" building types, but you can add any building/vehicle type you like in the array on line 8 of service_point.sqf, like this:

_servicePointClasses = ["Land_CarService_F","myaddedbuilding1","myaddedbuilding2","anotherbuilding2"]; // service point classes (can be house, vehicle and unit classes)

i put notes by the options you can change, so go through the beginning of service_point.sqf and checkout what you can change.

all credits goes to axe cop for his original code.

have fun

regards

Halvhjearne

Edit:

Since it is not possible to remove or add crypto to the player from the player himself (wich is ridicules really), i made this little addition and updated the scripts, to ensure the crypto is removed from the player:

https://github.com/Halvhjearne/HALV_takegive_crypto

to use it updatet the service point script files with the updated code and put both of the .sqf files from github in a folder called custom in your mission.pbo.

then add this line to the bottom of your init.sqf:

[] execVM "custom\HALV_takegive_crypto_init.sqf";

now it will actually remove the crypto from the player ...

Tested this and it works great!  Is there a way to separate the arrays of buildings or vehicles that can be used for repairing or rearming?  Like say I want to be able to repair a vehicle in several different places, but only want vehicles to be able to be rearmed at military areas.  Just a thought for a future release.  :)  

Tested this and it works great!  Is there a way to separate the arrays of buildings or vehicles that can be used for repairing or rearming?  Like say I want to be able to repair a vehicle in several different places, but only want vehicles to be able to be rearmed at military areas.  Just a thought for a future release.   :)

yes ofc, ill take a look at that at some point.

Berry interesting as I just added something similar Last week.

Darth any chance this is area based around the building type on the map?

Darth did not make this, axe cop did ... and i updated it to work for arma 3, to re-arm all weapons in all turrets and all types of magazines.

not sure what you mean tho ... you will have to explain that.

Ooh intresting release, nice share :)

np, i like to share my work, its just not always i get off my ass to do it, so scripts usually dont make it much further than my own servers ...

Berry interesting as I just added something similar Last week.

Darth any chance this is area based around the building type on the map?

Yes it goes off the building or vehicle class. Line 8 of service_point.sqf has an array where you can add any building or vehicle class name you want to be a repair or rearm point.

And no, I didn't make this. I had intended to redo the one from A2 but this fellow here beat me to it. :)

I like this but I am stumped as to how to install it. I have created a service_point directory for the service_point.sqf as well as addons\service_point directory for the other to files. I have added those to my epoch.bornholm.pbo file and have added the proper lines to both script.txt and init.sqf. Any help on the proper install instructions would be greatly appreciated. As well does this need to be modified to work on Bornholm?

Pay close attention to where you place it in the load order of your init.sqf. Make sure it goes inside an existing if(hasInterface) block if you have one already in your init for other scripts. If not, then make sure you add it just like the example above. It works fine on Bornholm.

I like this but I am stumped as to how to install it. I have created a service_point directory for the service_point.sqf as well as addons\service_point directory for the other to files. I have added those to my epoch.bornholm.pbo file and have added the proper lines to both script.txt and init.sqf. Any help on the proper install instructions would be greatly appreciated. As well does this need to be modified to work on Bornholm?

i dont know how much simpler i can make this, perhaps you need to edit the _folder variable if you dont have it in same folder as i do, and as long as your map has "Land_CarService_F" it will work, else just change or add whatever building you want to be carservice/rearm station to the _servicePointClasses variable and it will work just fine.

yes, the folder structure would be excellent as that was the only thing I was unclear about.

service_point.sqf line 7:

_folder = "addons\service_point\"; // folder where the service point scripts are saved, relative to the mission file

Maybe you could tell us, where exactly to place the files...?

put it anywhere you like and edit the path to match ...

and

service_point.sqf line 7:

put it anywhere you like and edit the path to match ...

Where does the service_point.sqf go?

and

Where does the service_point.sqf go?

server_point.sqf comes in the folder called service_point....  you can change the file path or file names to whatever you want as long as you edit the paths to match what you have on you server.

so you could have a file name hairybigballs.sqf and put that inside a folder called nutsack  as long as your filepath is nutsack\hairyballs.sqf

hairybigballs.sqf will continue to work so long as the filepath matches what you have on your server. If you change your the call line to scripts\hairybigballs.sqf but we all know hairybigballs.sqf is in your folder nutsack, then hairybigballs.sqf won't work because the server doesn't see it where you told it to look.

The same holds true for any script.  Any script can go into any folder in the mission file, as long as all other scripts that need that information know where to find it.  Different admins each have their own ideas about organization.  Personally, I like to put everything in its own folder.  Everything that's not native to Epoch goes into 'addons'.  From there it breaks down further into specific scripts, like 'Status_Bar', 'Welcome Messages', 'Ammo_Fix', etc.  The only exceptions to that would be something like R3F, where there's dozens of files all getting called from all over the place.  It's just too much work to try to change them all and then risk something obscure not working right when you least expect it.  But for the most part, you just have to make sure that if there are scripts calling other scripts that you update the paths to where those files actually reside.  

Was wondering in regards to refuelling does this use the current fuel stations on say Altis or are they disabled and you use your own customs locations.

If they are not disabled or you use them in this script how does one disable them so people cand get free fuel. I would check but I'm at work

Was wondering in regards to refuelling does this use the current fuel stations on say Altis or are they disabled and you use your own customs locations.

If they are not disabled or you use them in this script how does one disable them so people cand get free fuel. I would check but I'm at work

if you read what i wrote, then you would know that i removed refueling from this script as it is currently free on any fuel station, if that changes then i can add refueling back, but currently it is kindof irrelevant.

edit:

i took a look at the code and currently i do not see a way to easily add a second array of stations for re-arming only, as it is already running in quite a big while loop and i would hate to make it much bigger than it already is just for that.

not to mention the fact that it is also searching that one array in the nearby area of the player with nearestObjects every ~2second or so, wich could become intense depending on how many types of objects it is searching for and how many objects are near the player.

in aras with many buildings, adding another search to that would not exactly be a good idea imho so for now i will have to say no, tho it would not exactly be hard to do.

if i come up with a good idea to avoid searching twice i will rethink this.

What would be the consequences of making a permanent addAction where a player always has the option to scroll to check if there is a repair or rear station nearby? Only then would the script check nearby buildings or vehicles to see if there was a valid repair or rearm station and execute the actions desired. If that won't work then there's always the option of doing the nearby class checking via a key press instead of an addAction. Doing something like that would alleviate any performance concerns.