What is OverPoch and why is it so popular?

just seems like most people like to play with ALOT of guns, but if you look close they are only 4 real different types of weapons, just other skins, and alot of them are done designed for dayz (you can not carry a backpack with them).

Also alot of the weapons are not really lore friendly and destroy the whole idea of survival, but this is another story ;)

Basicly it is just a crap ton of more weapons and Nissan 350Z (which is in my Opinion is bad modded).

Variety :) cause after all it is the spice of life.

People like choice, Overwatch adds a lot of content whilst keeping all the Epoch features.

Although to be fair, Epoch had a lot of the extra guns and vehicles before Vilas whored his arse to Origins, Epoch had to remove them, Overwatch never had an update after so still has the content.

variaty... true that, but not with just alot of weapons which not really fit into a postapokalyptic theme. At least in my opinion.

It is possible to get some more variaty in the game by adding some features which give the gameplay some more variaty instead of simple "pew pew pew"  :o

The Cop car was sorta cool

I sort of wish Epoch kept things rare.   Most weapons except for a small handful should of been not on the spawn loot table and required some big bucks to go purchase at only a few traders.

As it is now you can get a decent stockhold of weapons in a simple loot run.

Miss the days when it was

"HOLY CRAP.. I FOUND AN M14". Now players be like.. "What color would you like it in?"   lol

The part of the game that is/was to me the main attraction of "Gear acquisition" isn't as apparent cuz shit is just too easy to find.

Epoch is like having an apocalypse at the super-store and the sappers are re-stocking the shelves constantly.

• 3 weeks later...

I am really happy for you, finding a server setup that works and is popular is probably one of the hardest tasks game server owners have to do. I wish you all the best in the future with your server and community.

Please let me know if you require any further advise, you can reach me via private message.