[SUGGESTION] Hacking/Theft

SPIB0X

Without turning EPOCH into an RPG, I think the game could benefit from the skill building of a theif/hacker.

In a similar way that Hours alive accumulates higher max stamina when a player reads rare documents they could gain levels of theft/hacking. The higher their level the more they are able to unlock/steal...

This could range from being able to unlock vehicles to loot them, unlocking lockboxes, unlocking wooden doors, unlocking cinder doors etc... Different level requirements for different things.

Similar in hacking ATM's for crypto - Hackers could steal from 1 player per 24 hours for instance, or per restart and each level would allow them to steal more crypto each time.

I know this would need a lot of balancing but if it could be done well I think it would add some value to wanting to stay alive for longer.. 

Could also work well for future implementations of things like computer devices in bases?

Players might also be able to steal from players backpacks (if they could sneak up on them of course)

Well why not let them deal with the game of making it better in the sense of smoother game play or less uav"s or heck just making the game alot better by atleast taking the physics from the building system because that hogs alot of un needed resources that the players could benefit from. and if you would like what your talking about go play altis life. :o

Well why not let them deal with the game of making it better in the sense of smoother game play or less uav"s or heck just making the game alot better by atleast taking the physics from the building system because that hogs alot of un needed resources that the players could benefit from. and if you would like what your talking about go play altis life. :o

Alpha = adding content and making sure it is functional

Beta = smoothing out the content

Finished product = what you should wait for

Surely nobody in the apocalypse would try breaking into various things to steal stuff, so it has to be a bad idea.  (/sarcasm)

While the suggested method may not be the greatest, your response was by no means helpful in anyway.

@spib0x   Maybe a very rare document that lets you use it and various materials to craft a one use lockpick that's 50/50 chance of success.  Numbers to be tweaked for balance.

It is the end of the world (as our characters know it).  Nothing is safe.

Without turning EPOCH into an RPG, I think the game could benefit from the skill building of a theif/hacker.

In a similar way that Hours alive accumulates higher max stamina when a player reads rare documents they could gain levels of theft/hacking. The higher their level the more they are able to unlock/steal...

This could range from being able to unlock vehicles to loot them, unlocking lockboxes, unlocking wooden doors, unlocking cinder doors etc... Different level requirements for different things.

Similar in hacking ATM's for crypto - Hackers could steal from 1 player per 24 hours for instance, or per restart and each level would allow them to steal more crypto each time.

I know this would need a lot of balancing but if it could be done well I think it would add some value to wanting to stay alive for longer.. 

Could also work well for future implementations of things like computer devices in bases?

Players might also be able to steal from players backpacks (if they could sneak up on them of course)

I believe Origins Mod has a "Hotwire Kit" , It is a VERY rare spawn and has a 75% chance of failure . It allows you to unlock the vehicle of your choice . Can't be used for base raids though . So the idea has merit . :)