airplanes

Finuix

hmm. think its weird. since i have not downloaded it client side and i could see him fly it.

You can see them, just can't get in them.  I'm basing this off the DLC helicopters.  People who don't have the DLC can see them, but they can't use them.

They were probably running Infistar and spawned one in using admin tools. ;)

@kresdja Nah, it's that way with BI's DLC because you have those files, it's just set up to where you can't access them without paying them. If you don't have the files you won't be able to join because there's content that you can't load. The difference with spawning it in with infistar, from what I understand, is that it puts the item in game on the server side instead of client side, thus everyone on the server might experience a lag spike while the server loads it in, and it can even effect server frame rate.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how that works.

They were probably running Infistar and spawned one in using admin tools. ;)

Not without running the addon client side though, the OP says he can see and use vehicles from an addon without needing the addon.

The only way round this would be if it was packed with the map, so then he does have it technically.

Not without running the addon client side though, the OP says he can see and use vehicles from an addon without needing the addon.

The only way round this would be if it was packed with the map, so then he does have it technically.

Packed with the map? Do you mean it could have been loaded into the mission file? I think this is what he's asking about, he wants to know if he can cook something in server side. I know there's a tutorial on adding vehicles to your server, I haven't done that myself yet.

That's instructions for adding stock arma vehicles though, no? I'd imagine theres more to it if you're adding vehicles from the addon.

Packed with the map? Do you mean it could have been loaded into the mission file? I think this is what he's asking about, he wants to know if he can cook something in server side. I know there's a tutorial on adding vehicles to your server, I haven't done that myself yet.

Map and mission are two different things.

Map and mission are two different things.

Map files include vehicles? O_o I guess I always assumed they would be loaded from another directory or from an addon directory..

Is it sad that I'm creating a map and don't know anything about this? XD

Map files include vehicles? O_o I guess I always assumed they would be loaded from another directory or from an addon directory..

Is it sad that I'm creating a map and don't know anything about this? XD

Have you packed your map yet to explore ? when you do you can add any other addon to it, then because your launching the map, any addon inside is automatically loaded without extra parameters :D

Remember Taviana.eu had different vehicles to Taviana.com, all down to what comes with the map.

Ah ok. Yeah I didn't pack my map yet, I've been working on the mask image. I probably should have packed it beforehand to check my coasts, I just figured I had to get my mask finished anyways-- I've only played Taviana with Origins, and I figured a2 just included those vehicles since I was seeing them on every map. Learn something new every day. =p

So, If you were to add addons into the map, would every player have to have the new map file (eg Altis) or can you just upload it to the server and it'll automatically run?

Shane

If you add to a map pack it becomes a new map, so players would need it.