Performance is awful

Metalfoundry

Is it just the server I play on or is anyone else noticing Lag Spikes in A3?

Your character or vehicle will stop.. sound will cut out for about 10 seconds and then it will move again and resume.

Altis I've seen it on there once in a while.. Bornholm seems bad for it.

So yesterday I upgrade my server to Windows Server 2012 from Windows Server 2008.  After restoring all the files and getting the Epoch server back online, I've now lost 3 FPS right off the top.  At idle with no players connected it used to be pegged at 50FPS.  Now I'm at 47 and it will not go higher.  The FPS graph in ASM, which used to be a pretty solid line, now looks like minor tremors are happening in California, also, without any players online.  The mission hasn't changed.  The only thing that's different other than the Windows version is I also updated to the perf 2 Arma files and Physx libraries.  So I can't say for 100% certain that the only culprit for the performance reduction is Windows itself.  I also don't know whether it matters that there's been multiple Arma updates since ASM was last updated.  There could be back end changes that are resulting in a false reading, but right now there's no way to know for sure one way or the other.   In any case, it's an alarming change.  

So yesterday I upgrade my server to Windows Server 2012 from Windows Server 2008.  After restoring all the files and getting the Epoch server back online, I've now lost 3 FPS right off the top.  At idle with no players connected it used to be pegged at 50FPS.  Now I'm at 47 and it will not go higher.  The FPS graph in ASM, which used to be a pretty solid line, now looks like minor tremors are happening in California, also, without any players online.  The mission hasn't changed.  The only thing that's different other than the Windows version is I also updated to the perf 2 Arma files and Physx libraries.  So I can't say for 100% certain that the only culprit for the performance reduction is Windows itself.  I also don't know whether it matters that there's been multiple Arma updates since ASM was last updated.  There could be back end changes that are resulting in a false reading, but right now there's no way to know for sure one way or the other.   In any case, it's an alarming change.  

Heh, we actually downgraded from 2012 to 2008 just because 2008 was performing better.

Not sure if it's server specific but lag spikes seem to be increasing on the server(s) I've played on.

Your character will just freeze then the sound will cut off for about 5 seconds and then you can resume.

Happens at least once or twice every half hour.

It is the sapper. If you have the intro on, when starting Arma, it should preload him. Not sure how that works when joining from a launcher.

Have optimised the fsm for a future release in case that is causing the pause, I get it also. Bit of a give away that you're about to be blown up :)

It is the sapper. If you have the intro on, when starting Arma, it should preload him. Not sure how that works when joining from a launcher.

Have optimised the fsm for a future release in case that is causing the pause, I get it also. Bit of a give away that you're about to be blown up :)

Well the problem is this is not local but global, I have watched this happen numerous times. 1st sapper spawns in on a player that is literally on the other side of the map but every player will experience this freeze.

well I have been checking a lot and with 30 to 40 players on I am getting around 21 to 27 server fps with some tweaks and stuff but it is both epoch and arma 3 causing the issue also I have the performance 1.42 server.exe running with the dlls

1.42 perf 3 is out now https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/AAAt5M8dKPsp9iZJIxCmGvr5a/arma3server_performance_142v3.7z?dl=0

[15:47:15 | Edited 15:55:05] David Foltyn: 1.42 PERF/PROF v3 (1.42.130496) released: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm
multiple crash fixes, squad xml fixes, that glasses error popup fixed
{needs phyx libs (same as v2) and client is optional but recommended}

Hi,

Not really played with these perfomance files before so just having a go on my test box, One thing that does not seem to work is BEC or RCON. They both fail to connect. Have i missed something here ?

BE says it has started and if I switch back to the old one works fine

** Update..  Fixed.. looks like you have to rename it to arma3server.exe. Does not work if its still called arma3server_performance_142v3.exe, Weird :)