Alienz Zetaborn mod merge

Sanguivore

Question

hello all, this will probably be a strange question for most or a question that shows the lack of my scripting skills.  I recently came across a mod called "Alienz" aka "Zetaborn" created by Icebreakr on the Armaholic forums.  The thread was 2 years old and seems abandoned but the files are still available.  For those that are unfamiliar with the mod it adds hostile alien greys to the game with custom weapons and flying UFO's.

My idea was trying to incorporate this mod into my EPOCH server as a bandit ai faction.  However, I'm not sure what the best way to do this would be or if it is even possible.  I am currently looking at the sarge ai framework because of how it handles faction relations.  I can get the server up and running with no errors in the RPT but the aliens and UFOs don't spawn.  Honestly, I'm not even sure if the server is even loading the mod.  Having the bandit factions call for the zetaborn classnames apparently is not enough, nor adding the mod files to the mission.sqm file.  I have seen videos of other servers running the mod successfully but none about how they got the mod implemented correctly and working. 

What exactly am I missing?  The install directions for the mod are rather sparse and act like it is just a plug and play module.  But simply adding the files and creating a command line launch parameter obviously wouldn't work.  I found 1 mission file called "NAPF Alienized" that I thought I could dissect to see how they implemented the code but that was for a scenario setup and not exactly what I was looking for.

If anyone has any ideas that could help me would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance to any that offer assisstance.

link to mod: http://armaholic.com/page.php?id=20769         just in case someone wanted to look at the package.

2 answers to this question