[Release] Andre Convoy Patrol

Donnovan

Richie have you ever seen this error?

I put the script in an SQF copy pasted the execVM "andre_convoy.sqf"; //exec it on the root on init.sqf where it is suppose to go. I have made it the first one in the INIT and I get this in the RPT

17:52:45 Creation of object R Bravo 1-1:4 failed, state MISSION ASKED
17:52:45 Client: Nonnetwork object 571c8360.
17:52:45 Client: Nonnetwork object 571ca5c0.
17:52:45 Client: Nonnetwork object 6a3d9600.
17:52:45 Ref to nonnetwork object R Bravo 1-1:4

If I bring it down to 3rd or 4th  I get andre_convoy.sqf not found.
I have been literally working this all day. Looked up these errors with no info. Any ideas?

That is just it if you read my above posts. I have not gotten the convoy to work. Otherwise I have been around long enough to know if it dont break anything ignore it. If I put the call for the convoy at the top of my file I get the error and the server wont let me in. If I put it further down I get the message that the Convoy SQF is not found. I have kept it outside of any other brackets or what not. Sounds like a great script but I am at a wall.

I use Andre's convoy script without issue, my players can harvest wood just fine, check again and maybe change the location of the execVM, you can use this without problems, good luck :)

Are you using the stock epochAH or something else?

I am using the 3rd party product. I have ran through all the settings dont know there is anything there causing an issue. I am open to any ideas. I have the ZEM Missions on my server and I personally like the Convoy in it. I look forward to getting this one to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Next release will be for Arma 2, and right after it will be ported to Arma 3:

Changes:

- Many New Default Vehicle types (Arma 2):

---- Off Road Unarmed

---- Off Road Armed

---- Civ Truck High Crew Capacity

---- Civ Van High Crew Capacity

---- Armored Unarmed High Crew Capacity (BRDM)

---- Armored Unarmed High Crew Capacity (Med Evak Vodinik)

- Loot quantity in vehicle based on the crew number of the vehicle. So a trucks full of AI will have lots of loot.

- Bomb Mans (they explode when you shot their chest)

- No AI friendlly fire. Good for truck and high capacity vehicles disembark.

- No client side. Full on server or Headless Client.

---- To stop the convoy you need to shot the vehicle or any of its crew.

- A considerable number of spawn loops removed and converted to event handlers.

- Some multiple spawn loop checks joined in one spawn loop check.

- Some refinement and simplification of the code.

I dont mean any disrespect but I was reaching out for help getting this script to work.......Does not seem like anyone can or will help. I know I am not the only one using third party AH so that cant be it. Most of that is disabled. So if the error I am getting is harmless, why is the server not responding. If I list the call for this in the first line of the INIT that seems to stop the server? Is there something on my host company side that may be the issue?

Dawg it could be many things, It seems only a tiny fraction of players are having issues, if there was an error with the code we'd all have problems, so it seems like your error is pilot error.

You're getting different results when you move it round the init.sqf, keep trying and hopefully you find the sweet spot, it could even be another script that clashes, again it might not be, Donnovans release works and works well, it's something on your end stopping it, I hope you find it :)

Well you just did a really good job of telling me to go away without saying it. Nice to see so much help out of someone that clearly has some experience. I read enough to know of you. Cant miss that pic.

So I guess that small number of people dont matter. Guys like you make me sick.

Thanks anyhow Pal!!

Dawg,

This error "Can't find andre_convoy.sqf" is because you is calling a file that is not there. The other errors are not related to Andre convoy i believe.

Have you put andre_convoy.sqf in your mission file?

If you want, send me your init.sqf by pm.

Well you just did a really good job of telling me to go away without saying it. Nice to see so much help out of someone that clearly has some experience. I read enough to know of you. Cant miss that pic.

Thanks anyhow Pal!!

WTF is up with you ? :lol:

As i stated the release works, it's not my fault you're too stupid to work it out, even though it comes with clear instructions :rolleyes:  don't take your huff out on me, I've got thousands of post here with me helping other people, I rarely ask for help for myself, if you had actully asked for someone to take your mission file and make it work for you i would of, not now of course but before your little tantrum yes.

Well you should go back and read this page. I did ask directly you and the guy that released it. Neither of you had anything useful to say. Then you reply with well it works great. Followed by well only a small number of people have an issue with it. Your implication is you dont know how to get it to work and someone did it for you. We all had to learn somewhere. There are many people out there that care to help so they do. There are just as many that do it so they can say they did. I dont care how many post you have, or how often you ask for help. Your answers to me on this page were taken by me as just go away. I am not in a huff I am just speaking my opinion right to your face. So dont tell me that if I asked directly for you to do the work for me you would. I dont believe that for a moment.

I never asked nor will I, for someone to do it for me. How do I learn anything from that. I wanted some input from people in this forum that appear to know more than I do. I say appear because I have helped many that I know had more experience than I do. However we all learn differently also have strength and weakness. Yours seems to be having someone state there opinion so bluntly. That is fine. Sorry that I offended you but I spoke my mind that simple.

Furthermore for now I have written this script off. Just so happens this page opened when I came on to this site. Maybe down the road someone else will either have the same issue or be more forthcoming in assisting people.

Thanks anyhow Pal!!

It is no one else's responsibility to hold your hand through the installation of these addons. I have seen posts from Richie all over this forum, helping out where he can, and offering advice to people in need of it. Your inability to successfully implement this addon is not anyone's fault but your own. You tell Richie that "Guys like [him] make [you] sick." Well, it is the falsely entitled, lazy, ignorant "server administrators" like you, who make me sick, and who make the creators of addons question whether they should release their work publicly or not, knowing they will have to filter through countless posts from "administrators" like you, just to get to the posts from people who have legitimate issues and deserve the help.

Maybe down the road someone else will either have the same issue or be more forthcoming in assisting people.

I have always found the people here more than helpful. Richie has helped me out many times. sometimes its not about getting help from others but about making the journey yourself and learning from it. I use this script my self with the files in the appropriate places it works a treat, it complements  Epoch.........

Donnovan Thanks for a great release keep up  the great work

i will take a look in HC compatibility, but could need someone to enter the server since i can't run a server, a HC server and the client on the same machine.

I used to do those tests on a dedicated i do not have anymore.

i will take a look in HC compatibility, but could need someone to enter the server since i can't run a server, a HC server and the client on the same machine.

I used to do those tests on a dedicated i do not have anymore.

We can test on my test server.