[Release] Andre Convoy Patrol

Donnovan

Are the convoys splitting up for anyone else? Seems to me in the earlier version, the vehicles within a given convoy traveled together. Now at the first intersection they seem to split up.

Is there perhaps a configuration option I'm overlooking?

They split when one car get stuck and can't continue. This is not very rare.

I will try to solve that making they not pass on places with much objects arround, like cities. This will solve the problem 100%, but since this will require a lot of calculations, may be i will need to use pre-calculated results, and this mean one script for each map.

Right now the Altis version can work in any other map with small configuration.

Ive added the script and all works well until I shoot at the convoy then I get

kicked by BattlEye: SetVariable Restriction #0

ive added the following code to

!="_groupUnit setVariable [\"donn_pshot\",_donn_pshot,true];"

to the setvariable.txt

in the setvarible.log I see the following

#0 "donn_pshot" = [<NULL-object>] 2:2154 group

Donnovan, on Chernarus the convoy seems to split up regardless of whether a car gets stuck. At wide open intersections, I've seen one vehicle turn and the other go straight.

I've also noticed that if I shoot at the rear vehicle in the convoy, the rest of the convoy will just keep traveling on. (Any vehicles in front of the one being shot at will continue on many times). When taking that into account with the separation at intersections, its almost as if they are not traveling as a 'convoy' but as individual units.

I like having them travel through cities, so I'd hate to have that feature removed.

@snafu0185

Not the most eloquent (or"safest" way to do it), but I had to use the following to keep from getting kicked upon shooting:

!"donn_pshot"
(I didn't try !="donn_pshot")

Donnovan, on Chernarus the convoy seems to split up regardless of whether a car gets stuck. At wide open intersections, I've seen on vehicle turn and the other go straight.

I've also noticed that if I shoot at the rear vehicle in the convoy, the rest of the convoy will just keep traveling on. (Any vehicles in front of the one being shot at will continue on many times). When taking that into account with the separation at intersections, its almost as if they are not traveling as a 'convoy' but as individual units.

I like having them travel through cities, so I'd hate to have that feature removed.

@snafu0185

Not the most eloquent (or"safest" way to do it), but I had to use the following to keep from getting kicked upon shooting:

!"donn_pshot"
(I didn't try !="donn_pshot")

Did you replace the line in the setvariables.txt with that?

EH_FIRED: 5 on my Server.

not 6 or 5 or 4 the pb

i have all those :

EH_FIRED: 6 (KICKED TO LOBBY) might be EpochCode interfering (v0145)

EH_FIRED: 7 (KICKED TO LOBBY) might be EpochCode interfering (v0145)

EH_FIRED: 6 (KICKED TO LOBBY) might be EpochCode interfering (v0145)

EH_FIRED: 5 (KICKED TO LOBBY) might be EpochCode interfering (v0145)

EH_FIRED: 4 (KICKED TO LOBBY) might be EpochCode interfering (v0145)

EH_FIRED: 5 (KICKED TO LOBBY) might be EpochCode interfering (v0145)

its in infistar :( "Use EH_Fired check"

Floyd,

Those vehicle that splited, had the same convoy number? Example: C1 4 and C1 3, where 1 is convoy number and 3 and 4 is the crew number.

When you shot a convoy vehicle, the convoy go away until the average distance from the shooter to all convoy vehicles is greater than 80 meters.

Since average distance is used, you can have AI stopping the cars with the front car 130 merters away while the back car is 50 meters away only. It's not the case?

I will let 10 convoy vehicles of 2 cars running on my test server for all night, and then see the result after that: any got stuck? Any splited?

I recommend avoid big convoys because this increase the chance of then get stuck. One car convoy rarelly get stuck. But i believe i can try some tricks to fix big convoys to stuck, like remove the collum formation.

Floyd,

Those vehicle that splited, had the same convoy number? Example: C1 4 and C1 3, where 1 is convoy number and 3 and 4 is the crew number.

When you shot a convoy vehicle, the convoy go away until the average distance from the shooter to all convoy vehicles is greater than 80 meters.

Since average distance is used, you can have AI stopping the cars with the front car 130 merters away while the back car is 50 meters away only. It's not the case?

I will let 10 convoy vehicles of 2 cars running on my test server for all night, and then see the result after that: any got stuck? Any splited?

I recommend avoid big convoys because this increase the chance of then get stuck. One car convoy rarelly get stuck. But i believe i can try some tricks to fix big convoys to stuck, like remove the collum formation.

1: Yes the vehicles that split had same convoy number.

2: I'll recheck on the stopping and distance, but I'm almost certain that often the other vehicle continued on. Perhaps it has past a distance trigger?

3: Sometimes the convoy does get stuck. That I understand and can live with.

I'll see if I can get picture or video together.

Thanks.

Absolutely LOVE this script. Thank you!!!

Just a couple weird things I have noticed on my server.

1. Sometimes vehicles disappear and the AI all drop onto the ground when they get close to me. I've only seen this in godmode on my test server, so not sure if it happens to all players.

2. After I installed this on our live server, regular players were getting auto-banned until I temporarily turned it off. I have no idea what would cause that issue on our server, but I'll definitely be looking into the root cause more.

Anyone else having any odd issues like this?

I am also having players autobanned Did you find the problem?

Capt Caveman, what map is you running?

When the convoy stops, what is its status? Any stuck vehicle? Any empty vehicle?

This happens at the very begining after convoy spawn? This take much time? The two things?

we run this on Bornholm, it would seem that its the end of the convoy route and no, no vehicle is stuck or empty.