[Suggestion] Ear plugs use based on vehicle class

Ninja2dan

While I'm loving the mod so far, one of the major issues that I have is with the current "auto-insertion of ear plugs" script that runs. Any time you enter a vehicle, ear plugs are automatically inserted to reduce volume of engine noise or vehicle operation, and you have the option in the scroll action menu to manually remove them or reinsert them.

This isn't such a bad idea for loud vehicles, such as when you're driving a tank or other heavy vehicle, but I feel it's not necessary when operating "soft" vehicles like an offroad pickup or hatchback. Without ear plugs, the noise from those vehicles is still fairly minimal, and generally don't require the use of ear plugs while operating them. In many cases, using ear plugs while operating those vehicles is actually a hinderance, because you're unable to hear important sounds such as a UAV overhead or AI/players firing at you. Considering the limited protection in those vehicles, I'd really prefer to hear the crack of a bullet being fired at me or the ping of a round impacting my vehicle.

Personally, I have to manually remove ear plugs any time I enter a light vehicle. I admit it's nice to have them auto-insert in the heavies, but having to remove them every time I jump back into an offroad while looting throughout a town is a serious annoyance.

Wouldn't it be better to have ear plugs auto-insert only in heavy vehicles such as armor or aircraft, while not doing so in light vehicles? I don't mind leaving the option there for all vehicles, so if it's not possible to code the system to auto-insert based on vehicle class then I can understand. Maybe remove the auto-insert option completely, requiring vehicle operators to manually insert ear plugs every time.

The problem is that by class, the vehicles are land, air and sea.

the next step the would be to add code checking the vehicle you are entering against the list of vehicles you have included on your server.

I have found that the auto insert gains the most positive reviews compared to only having the option to insert them manually, so in other words there are only a few withh your feelings that I've come across in the 4 months it's been on, not enough to change it in my own opinion, but you can always consider talking with your servers owner/admin about it