FPS at 10fps no mods fresh install /kicks need help

numitv

Ok I'll bite.....WHY?!  

Truth is, I have a low server pop right now, and tried a while back to get a HC running, but couldn't get it to work, so I gave up. Right now the server runs pretty damn smoothly, but yeah, I've been drooling over FUMS. Guess it's time I bite the bullet and dig into the HC again.

@viper179 Im not sure what the issue could be. Have you wiped the DB recently? There might be something in there that's still conflicting. The server runs that poorly with just default settings?

what would be a good start with 60 players on server fps is at about 10 how to make it better and I could really use some help too with hc I no there is sites to go to for I have look but really need help on it if you no what you are doing and not bs me time will be compensated for if there is a performance gain please come to ts ts3.gameservers.com:9123 ask for viper thank you

What addons are you running currently (or planning to run)?  A headless client will only help if certain scripts or addons are coded for it.  For example, FuMS and A3EAI are both coded to allow for use with an HC.  But if you plan to just set up a headless client and have it connect to your server then that won't help performance at all since the server has no way to know what tasks or functions are supposed to be offloaded to it.  

Well good news switching to a intel xeon hexa core and a overclocked cpus in the bios plus been tweaking the basic.cfg for about 5 days now I have found a lot of extra tricks and ways to make it run even better. thank god lol but as for the missions im running sem, a supply drop, capture points and custom zeus package server is at 48 fps so far goes down to about 33 to 40 with 60 players on .  and yeh I no you have to allocate the ai to the hc so it can take control of them for the performance gain but just need help on setting it up been real busy and hope to see you all on there ha lol. But you guys have been great on here and also we just got a sponsorship with TS3 SO IF ANY ONE ON HERE NEEDS TO SAVE MONEY AND HAVE A FREE TS3 TO0 COME ON OVER WILL GIVE YOU ADMIN RIGHTS TO YOUR GROUP OR CLANS CHANNEL JUST TRYING TO HELP OUT THE PEOPLE ON HERE TOO you can visit are bsic ts3 at ts3.gameservers.com:9123 to ask for a spot while we are setting it up and remember its free and you get your own channel we have 512 slots to work with

• 3 weeks later...

It's called code optimization, the better and more optimized the code is that runs on the server, the better the server performance. Quite a few things influence the server performance but in stock epoch there seems to be a lot going on leading to not the best server performance when under load

Yeah I agree! If optimization of code means gutting the shit out of EpochMod then yeah we have done that for sure.

Let's face it there is so much that EpochDev spend time on creating content that needs to be cut out of the Mod if your server reaches over 30 players.

If you rent a managed server from a GSP, which means you won't have access to CPU control, then may your god/deity help you!

I think if you need to be so frugal as to attempt to salvage every single +FPS out of the Mod at this early stage of Dev then there is seriously something wrong here.

Stench