Trader Mission Questions

SPIB0X

1. Is there a time limit on trader missions, ie. do you have to complete them within a certain time?

2. Do they persist on restart/logging ie. are they tied to the documents in your inventory or per logged session?

3. When the trader alerts you that there is a player in your area/radius what distances/radius do they detect within?

4. Can you complete missions with rogue(brown dot) traders? Or is it just black dot/permanent traders?

5. Can you run multiple missions at once by storing multiple documents in a vehicle then delivering them all at once?

If anyone can answer any of these questions that would be much appreciated.

Have noticed that on occasion i have had mission document in chest rig of some description then found a larger capacity one and moved mission doc over continued to my destination trader for mission not to be completed.

I have then run on to next trader before i can complete mission.

So to me it seems that moving mission doc has reset my distance from the destination trader and does not complete because i moved the mission doc too close to my destination trader.

Can moving mission document cause such an issue?  Or is something else at play?

Have noticed that on occasion i have had mission document in chest rig of some description then found a larger capacity one and moved mission doc over continued to my destination trader for mission not to be completed.

I have then run on to next trader before i can complete mission.

So to me it seems that moving mission doc has reset my distance from the destination trader and does not complete because i moved the mission doc too close to my destination trader.

Can moving mission document cause such an issue?  Or is something else at play?

If the mission document leaves your person you will get a warning and then punished for abandoning the mission.

So in the situation i described above if i had put mission document into backpack and not transferred it to chest rig on floor and then picked up the mission should continue as normal.

Thanks for the really helpful answers and prompts Axeman!

I will test the scenario you described. But, yes if you put the document into a crate or vehicle you should get a warning and then, if fully abandoned the mission, retaliation from the trader for skipping out on the job..

Could you have logged in between ? That will break the current mission and leave you with a document worth 10 Krypto.

It should be possible to store the document in a crate temporarily, but I wouldn't leave it too long (10-12 seconds max) :)

I will test the scenario you described. But, yes if you put the document into a crate or vehicle you should get a warning and then, if fully abandoned the mission, retaliation from the trader for skipping out on the job..

Could you have logged in between ? That will break the current mission and leave you with a document worth 10 Krypto.

It should be possible to store the document in a crate temporarily, but I wouldn't leave it too long (10-12 seconds max) :)

No not talking about a break in play, death or back to lobby. Just movement to a vest on floor which i have opened then filled from my inventory and picked up. Quite happy to use the work around of keeping document on person by moving from vest i am wearing to back pack so it does not leave my own inventory.

Have loved the trader missions ideal for a lone wolf to get much needed extra build pieces and especially lock boxes!