[Suggestion] What Epoch was all about!

Barthy

What made me love Dayz on arma 2 was EPOCH.  To be able to build something and how many variety of stuff we had was amazing.  I m still playing it because of that.   On Arma 3 thou,  and i know this is an early stage of the new Epoch but i was thinking that you guys were more concentrating on getting Epoch as good as it was on Arma 2 then anything else but as i can see, building don't seems to be a priority.  The auto snap system is buggy as hell, even in free move your stuff keeps snapping on others when you dont want too.   You cant move objects so that they stay at the distance you want cause they come back to the original place or not stay at where you want exactly.  And how come their is only that stupid STAIRS instead of the orginal stair we had in arma 2?  I know, i m no coder, i am just an end user but as an end user i was hoping to get what Arma 2 had already and MORE!   The changes made looks great so far i mean those corrugated walls that can be colorable.. but ok.. what's next? Where's the windows? where's the cinder doorway,  where's the Wood walls?   the 1/4 1/2 floors..   the 1/3 walls. maybe and 1/2 wall would be great too as new stuff..   Ok  i know it needs time.. but i love Epoch so much that i can't wait.  or at least  gimmy something to build different at each patch that i can chew on until the next... 

For sure all of us have the job to report bugs etc but dont forget what made you guys so popular and stick to that line. You can add stuff for sure but i think that staying on the track that made Epoch what it is now should be a priority.

Enough crying now..  i was just stating i think what all Epoch lovers thinks..  well i hope they do cause i really do appreciate and love Epoch mod.

Keep up the good work guys

Truely Epoch Mod beleiver

Barthy

Slim. that wasnt ment to you so dont flame me cause NO i dont read millions of crap because, i dont have time and SECOND by the way i see patches going from 300 to 301  then 302   i ll be 70 for 400 and 500 :P  i m just too impatient that s all  i guess VB understood my post !

It would be cool to have some of the trader missions have AI involved where you have to kill a small squad of 2 or 3 AI.

Just to have something extra instead of the bigger AI missions that most servers are installing.  Some of the players need to gear up decently before even attempting to take on 15-25 AI armed with Lynx's etc.

Things are definitely gettin better all-in-all.. Good work fellas so far. Lookin forward to future updates. 

0.4 looks promising, 99% of epoch players want more building options more crafting ... AI's and mission is just couple clicks , copy and paste and admin server addes AI missions .

I agree with OP only if each patch came with more building options and crafting , even if it was at the expense of AI missions and new antagonists ! We wont complain :D

You never know I might actually play 0.4 patch.

Solid AI missions is what i miss most about Arma 2. I know that basic missions are at the traders now but I would like to see them expanded to some bigger and more difficult ones. Great work guys!

there is enough people working on scripts to do with AI missions, you can as server admin customise them to your liking. epoch dev's are working on better building and crafting system... AI missions and other things can wait !

• 2 weeks later...

Here it is my personal feedback about this is ..........

- Arma 3 is a lot better than Arma 2 - once you play it you can't go back.

- Same time though epoch A2 (idea and features) are a lot better than epoch A3 - once you played A2 epoch you can't understand what A3 stands for ..... and I will explain more here...

You fall in love with Arma 2 epoch for the base building but also for other features locking and unlocking vehicles with KEYS those little features gave you the feeling you truly own that vehicle, same with locking and unlocking buildings as little as they seem when you had them those are what I call core epoch features.....

My biggest problem is that I find the whole clone , multi gun use, locking system, sappers, AI drones and energy gathering and use ideas off putting in A3 epoch..

Personally right now I feel that if epoch A3 was a copy of A2 but with the graphics of A3 I would be very happy playing it all day long .... a copy of A2 with some added building and crafting would have been even better..

I have only played about 10 minutes of epoch A3 in the last 3 months that was two night ago, reading the change log of the last update was enough to make me miss this current update.

I know the next one promises more base building, and I am hopeful that It will spark an interest but I don't know if that's going to be enough with all the other features mentioned above still there, and the lack of epoch core features we got used to in A2.

My feedback with love!

Agree with all of this! More base building objects, all objects symmetrical, true physicsless building, keys for certain purchased cars and retain the lock unlock feature for spawned cars.

In saying that though, there is plenty of work arounds to build "pysicsless" and to make things square! It takes alot of time and wasted wood/cinder but you can get it to work.

Unfortunately no one takes the time to build a decent base on A3 compared to A2 its like no one has any imagination so all that gets built is a 3x3x3 box. I've started working on base designs out of the norm of A3 and also trying designs from peoples arma 2 bases. Take the time and get to know A3 epoch. Other than the stupid "antagonists" that i personally think are a total fail, if you dont play altis and work out all the tricks to base building you can have a ton of fun.

I dont think i will ever go back to A2 if A3 epoch proceeds to add missing building items and work on traders/AI. If people continue to develop maps like chern, napf, tavi ect. Development continues on MAS weapons, MAS vehicles. This mod could become what everyone wants in Arma 3. I just feel they originally tried to pull as far away as possible from dayz witch is exactly the opposite of what people want.

What buildingsystem do you mean? There is no system. Only a few options to set up a 1x1 metal something. To build a base without loosing every hope in the mod or the devs isn't possible atm. But at least there is something laggy behind you that can explode.

Ooh. The controls are on the wiki if you need a guide. Physics, well it kinda works like.. well, physics, as in things fall down. Granted there are some pinging base parts opportunities but please enlighten us on how to stop arma launching things into orbit and you'd be on your way to making a mod ;) 

I don't need buildingkeys for functions that are not working like the free buildingmode(btw servers are full of ppl raging about this). I also don't need physics which is binded to the snapdirection and part off building i try to build (for example: i can snap a floor in the ghostmode to another floor 80m up in the air without the so glorius physic kicking in but a floor to stairs isn't possible without dropping down).

I can't see a system behind this or a direction you want to go with one of the core functions ppl want to see in the mod.

First it was only "physics" and now it is a total mess. People try to build their whole base with the ghostmodus because it is less buggy ( but way more limited) and that ignores around 70% of the "physics". ( Ever tried to build a glitch free base with your own buildingsystem on a busy server without any magic help?)

I know that this is a alpha but the alpha is close to 1 year now and i still can't see a masterplan behind the whole thing. 

Don't want to go back to Arma 2 because of the gameplay,graphics and perfomance but on the other side i don't want to play this.

Don't disappoint us pls... you guys are the only solution  :unsure: