Building materials / plot pole etc damage was better before

Whitmeister

For me and my friends the most fun part of epoch was base raiding as it was something different and fun that other games don't have but since this latest update base raiding has become a thing of the past. The stupid amount of satchels needed combined with how buggy the game is (not blaming epoch for this) means that pretty much any player made object is indefectible if it is slightly in the ground or clipping into other objects.

Please consider going back to how it was before or make it so that servers can decide if they want bases to be destructible or not and how many satchels are needed.

Tested it out and it seems like its 4 satchels for a wood wall and 12 for a cinder and that's on a good day when the satchels actually interact with the building pieces. Any Dev able to shed some light to whether this will remain or be tweaked?

If they fix it to where a base can only be hit when one or more owner members are actually playing or introduce persistent defenses, I'm all for reducing the base "armor"....however most base raids are made when the owners are offline and that's just no fun.

• 2 weeks later...

you can still destroy bases, they are now made of cinder and wood and not glass anymore!

well there's made of glass then there's 12 satchels to blow up half a cinder wall. lets be realistic here. if you have any evidence of a wooden wall or cinder for that matter holding up against explosives then please show me. the only people who want bases like this are one who get upset when they get raided either online or offline. as far as im concerned if i get raided online the great some good game play. if it happens while im offline then aw well should have built it better or more secluded. either way its part of epoch so i pick my self up and start again. there no point in the game if your base isn't vulnerable. 

anyway im not so keen on the new destructibility of player built parts in case you didn't realize ;) i actually got a friend(whos an admin) to test for me and it took him 16 satchels to destroy a jammer??? a bit much if you ask me.

my input on how i think it should be (understand some might disagree) is i  think they should be the same as they were before except satchels are next to impossible to get. that way when you do get one the last thing your going to do is use it to grief some one or blow up some ones base they not long started. you'll save it for the big base, the one that the bag clan on your server has or something as it will have more gear for you and also the base owner can afford it. i do however think cinder should be stronger than wood obviously but 12 satchels is a piss take so maybe two for cinder 1 for wood? also it would be cool if it just blew a hole in the wall and it got bigger after every explosion  :D

anyhoo there that's my input on the matter lol. still think you epoch guys are doing a great job though *thumbs up*

well there's made of glass then there's 12 satchels to blow up half a cinder wall. lets be realistic here. if you have any evidence of a wooden wall or cinder for that matter holding up against explosives then please show me. the only people who want bases like this are one who get upset when they get raided either online or offline. as far as im concerned if i get raided online the great some good game play. if it happens while im offline then aw well should have built it better or more secluded. either way its part of epoch so i pick my self up and start again. there no point in the game if your base isn't vulnerable. 

anyway im not so keen on the new destructibility of player built parts in case you didn't realize ;) i actually got a friend(whos an admin) to test for me and it took him 16 satchels to destroy a jammer??? a bit much if you ask me.

my input on how i think it should be (understand some might disagree) is i  think they should be the same as they were before except satchels are next to impossible to get. that way when you do get one the last thing your going to do is use it to grief some one or blow up some ones base they not long started. you'll save it for the big base, the one that the bag clan on your server has or something as it will have more gear for you and also the base owner can afford it. i do however think cinder should be stronger than wood obviously but 12 satchels is a piss take so maybe two for cinder 1 for wood? also it would be cool if it just blew a hole in the wall and it got bigger after every explosion  :D

anyhoo there that's my input on the matter lol. still think you epoch guys are doing a great job though *thumbs up*

From tests on a CCG server and on a private server, plot poles have around 18-20k HP, Satiels do 3k and explosive charges do 1k, so 16 is extremely unrealistic.

If you know what you're doing its easy to take down a base.

My advice, Neck up and work out what it really takes and what is worth while breaking or not. If someones base if a line of 10 cinder walls to get to their loot, then they should deserve to not be raided because collecting and building that much would take just as long to take down.

The current health is more than enough. But reverting back to what it was would be catastrophic. A happy median would be awesome. Your claims about the amount of explosives needed is extremely exaggerated.

All it does atm is require a little more looting and a better plan of attack.