Lock boxes, shelves and Epoch building items

chisel

Maybe a dev could pop in and clear this up for me?

1. How are each item types accounted for in the world?  Are they counted in the world build limit or the storage limit?

Tipis

Lockboxes

Shelves

Seems many items are counted against the world building limit but they are NOT counted against the jammers individual build limit.

2.  I would propose that lockboxes, shelves, tipis and Epoch building items should all count against the jammer build limit when built within the radius of a jammer.

Too many groups eat up much of the world build limit with 50 shelves, 25 tipis and 25 lockboxes plus they also get the jammer build limit.   Put up a second jammer somewhere else and rinse and repeat.  We have at least one group (4 individuals) so far that I've seen that is going on their 3rd base on the map, their 1st and 2nd consuming likely about 300-400 world items each.  

Server operators can limit the actual building pieces with the jammer but not stop a group from eating up the world limit with shelves and lockboxes...  This needs reigned in.

I think if this is implemented this could get problematic for storage with larger groups. It will end with many more small bases around the map further reducing the loot spawning with their frequency jammers.

The only way around I could see is larger storage options such as storage containers, safes or new types of shelves that could be built within the frequency jammer range and having more storage room. In the end, it would most likely help reduce the load toward the world object limit.

One of the big problems at the moment is that people are using cars and trucks for storage in their bases which just reduces vehicle availability to new players.

A secure lockable container something like 'box_nato_ammoveh_f' would be ideal, then people could move them around with vehicles as well using addons like IgLoad. 

Problematic for storage with larger groups?

What size group needs 75+ shelves, 30 tipis and 30 lockboxes in EACH of their 3 bases?

I would be VERY open to increasing the jammer build limit and range considerably, IF they would limit the jammer to 1 jammer per group and include under the jammer build limit all other buildables that consume world limit slots (ie shelves, tipis, lockboxes).

Maybe a dev could pop in and clear this up for me?

1. How are each item types accounted for in the world?  Are they counted in the world build limit or the storage limit?

Tipis

Lockboxes

Shelves

Seems many items are counted against the world building limit but they are NOT counted against the jammers individual build limit.

2.  I would propose that lockboxes, shelves, tipis and Epoch building items should all count against the jammer build limit when built within the radius of a jammer.

Too many groups eat up much of the world build limit with 50 shelves, 25 tipis and 25 lockboxes plus they also get the jammer build limit.   Put up a second jammer somewhere else and rinse and repeat.  We have at least one group (4 individuals) so far that I've seen that is going on their 3rd base on the map, their 1st and 2nd consuming likely about 300-400 world items each.  

Server operators can limit the actual building pieces with the jammer but not stop a group from eating up the world limit with shelves and lockboxes...  This needs reigned in.

Do you want the mod to die? Because this is how you get the mod to die.

Running big groups off of the mod by putting the squeeze on their ability to adequately build and supply for all members just because you "don't like it" is not a good idea.

Storage containers get deleted(along with their contents) after 5 days if no one touches them, building parts in 7 if the jammer isn't maintained. People can't just permanently keep stuff they aren't interacting with so it's really not even an issue.

World limit can be set pretty high with little to no effect on gameplay anyway, so you can keep calm and keep playing, and let other people play and enjoy it as well.

Thanks Diz,

Thanks for contributing.  Next time you post in my thread please post something of substance.  Spouting off default maintenance schedules helps again how?

Your deep insight into the effects of a "pretty high" (exactly how high is pretty high btw?) world build limit on a populated server and it's game play are invaluable to this discussion.  Thank you for explaining that so thoroughly.

Apparently I stand corrected.  Diz says it's all ok.

Thanks again Diz.  :lol:

Chisel, donkey punch had some of the highest population not too long ago.

we had almost 7000 building pieces on the map and almost 2500 storage objects.

prior to 0.3.0.1 this was able to happen and have 80 players online with decent fps and Server performance.

I did not want a repeat, the new configurable options they gave us hit the nail on the head as to controlling exactly what you are complaining about.

You forgot about the loot.h file.......

I have since day 1 of 0.3.0.1 removed the top tier building/storage items from the loot lists, no plot poles no lockbox, no shelves, no kits And some other things. Yes they can craft it and get it done, but you can even now change the crafting procedures to include more of the item (s) required to build them.

There are options here for us now, he'll you can even make it super expensive to buy them and cheap as hell to sell, like my lockbox is 1000 Krypto to purchase and 100 to sell, nobody can loot one from epoch or custom loot. Only random chance on the Donkey Drops.

Thanks Diz,

Thanks for contributing.  Next time you post in my thread please post something of substance.  Spouting off default maintenance schedules helps again how?

Your deep insight into the effects of a "pretty high" (exactly how high is pretty high btw?) world build limit on a populated server and it's game play are invaluable to this discussion.  Thank you for explaining that so thoroughly.

Apparently I stand corrected.  Diz says it's all ok.

Thanks again Diz.  :lol:

My pleasure. Next time you make another proposition to completely change the function of the mod I'll be here again to infuse a dose of reality and perspective. This is the "Feedback" forum, not the "Change the mod immediately to my liking and ignore any dissenting opinions" forum after all.

p.s. We tested 1000 items @15 players(our usual max) with no performance drop so we left it so people can build to their heart's content. Of course YMMV and testing should always be done before changing your own server settings, let alone making demands to change the mod's defaults don't you think? ;)

1000 items at 15 players......

Then servers should perform just peachy with 7000 items and 60 players....

We should have just asked Diz.

So you know that was sarcasm, it seems you missed that the first time around.

Nothing here suggests changing the function of the game.

Diz, once again your wit has me back pedaling.  Again you spew total BS.  You offer nothing.  You have no idea.

Having configuration options to include base building items such as shelf kits included under the plot pole limit is Mod changing how?

This would still allow your scenario and allow any other server operator to change those numbers if needed.  You want to put yours at 8000 items allowed per jammer, then do it.  I want to limit mine to 300 so be it.  I'm not sure how this changes the mod.

Seems to be you are the only one around here that doesn't like dissenting opinions.  Seeing as you are the one saying "You're wrong and I'm right"...  You think my idea is a bad idea so be it, your opinion is noted. You are the only person here that that is FLAT OUT ignoring other peoples opinions.  

I don't see any demands, I merely mentioned "I propose..."  That's called an idea.  Not a demand.  It's called feedback.  Based on feedback from players on my server and my observations and my experience running my server, this is the feedback I have to allow the best overall experience to my players.  

Go troll some other thread.  Get 40-60 on your server regularly then come back when you have a clue.

The Diz school of Epoch Server Operation:  

1. My server has no issues with 15 players, therefore there can be no possible legitimate reason anyone would want anything other than what I have.  It works great for me, it should be just perfect for everyone else.

2. What, you want to change something?  No way, you are completely wrong, somehow you must have not read #1.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the big problems at the moment is that people are using cars and trucks for storage in their bases which just reduces vehicle availability to new players.

A secure lockable container something like 'box_nato_ammoveh_f' would be ideal, then people could move them around with vehicles as well using addons like IgLoad. 

that's because it's a pain in the ass to keep maintaining lockboxes and shelves that don't hold much gear.

And on top of that lockboxes and shelves are STILL despawning on players.

I don't blame them at all INFACT i'm gonna start doing it.

This has been mentioned to have an additional item that holds more instead of having lockboxes/shelves littered all over the floor.  Base owners can even make it tricky to find that one container inside their base and make it a challenge to find after it's been breached.