Marksman DLC?

Bushwick

The Day Z mod was based on Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and that was a !standalone! expansion pack  out of many arma 2 parts. No one had a problem with that?! I have no problem with the arma 3 dlc's, paid 22€ for the arma 3 alpha and important dlc's like the marksmen are just so keen compared to othe games out there.. The first battlefront 3 dlc date is already announced and the dlc strategy is already marked as "very aggressive". Arma 3 is doing it brilliant compared to others if you ask me.

The Day Z mod was based on Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and that was a !standalone! expansion pack  out of many arma 2 parts. No one had a problem with that?! I have no problem with the arma 3 dlc's, paid 22€ for the arma 3 alpha and important dlc's like the marksmen are just so keen compared to othe games out there.. The first battlefront 3 dlc date is already announced and the dlc strategy is already marked as "very aggressive". Arma 3 is doing it brilliant compared to others if you ask me.

The way they did it in Arma 2 with the expansion packs was that people without the expansion pack could use the vehicles and skins etc but were limited to really low res textures which made them look like crap but they still functioned as you would expect in game.

You're funny. Show me another posts everyday where I've complain about KoS?

Also if you look at the second line of my post you *SHOULD* be able to figure out that there was sarcasm involved. Sadly I guess it was lost on you!

I agree Corky! it seems like these days you cant be sarcastic or make a comment voicing your opinion without having your post analyzed , manipulated and they turned into a long ass argument!

I honestly think it's down to everyone (myself included) being so damn bored waiting for the next update !

Ok, so I was excited about trying out the KIR, lmao it has some punch *IF* you hit what you are shooting at.  It is definitely a short range sledge hammer and the scopes don't zero correctly on it.  Windage variations can be 2 mils or more.  Now the Cyrus is really really nice.

Gonna use that Miley Cyrus so hard :P

so i have bought the dlc etc for long ago. but when i play on my server and find loot i cant see the icon but it comes up press left shift and p to shop. in there it also says purchased. but i cant pickup dlc weps. you get the problem aswell ? Btw everything i spawn in with AH works and icons are there btw

Jesus Almighty I'm not sure that's gonna be a good thing :) Isn't viewdistance capped anyway?

Yeah, but still impressive

Here is the description of the RL Lapua Mag weapon system:

The .338 Lapua Magnum (Lapua for short) has now been around for a while in the sniper community, but it does have the distinction of being the first cartridge designed specifically for sniping. The 338 Lapua was developed back in 1983 but it wasn’t until the later 1990’s that it gained in popularity and started to become more widely used. The cartridge was designed to arrive at 1000 meters with enough energy to penetrate 5 layers of military body armor and still make the kill. The effective range of this cartridge is over 1 mile (1609 meters) in the right shooting conditions as has been demonstrated in recent conflicts with confirmed kills in excess of 2000 meters. Realistically, 1500 meters is within the range of a trained sniper. This cartridge is based off of the .416 Rigby Case, necked down to .338 caliber, and is designed primarily as a military extreme range anti-personnel round and there really is no Law Enforcement applications, unless you need a super penetrating round for either armored vehicles or barricaded suspects. There are not a lot of rifles chambered for the .338 Lapua but the list continues to grow. The availability of match ammo has also grown to where there are a handful of manufacturers making good match grade ammo. The recoil of these heavier extreme range cartridges, such as the 338 Lapua, can be high so a good muzzle brake is required.

Yeah, but still impressive

Here is the description of the RL Lapua Mag weapon system:

The .338 Lapua Magnum (Lapua for short) has now been around for a while in the sniper community, but it does have the distinction of being the first cartridge designed specifically for sniping. The 338 Lapua was developed back in 1983 but it wasn’t until the later 1990’s that it gained in popularity and started to become more widely used. The cartridge was designed to arrive at 1000 meters with enough energy to penetrate 5 layers of military body armor and still make the kill. The effective range of this cartridge is over 1 mile (1609 meters) in the right shooting conditions as has been demonstrated in recent conflicts with confirmed kills in excess of 2000 meters. Realistically, 1500 meters is within the range of a trained sniper. This cartridge is based off of the .416 Rigby Case, necked down to .338 caliber, and is designed primarily as a military extreme range anti-personnel round and there really is no Law Enforcement applications, unless you need a super penetrating round for either armored vehicles or barricaded suspects. There are not a lot of rifles chambered for the .338 Lapua but the list continues to grow. The availability of match ammo has also grown to where there are a handful of manufacturers making good match grade ammo. The recoil of these heavier extreme range cartridges, such as the 338 Lapua, can be high so a good muzzle brake is required.

Same caliber Chris Kyle used to make his longest confirmed kill with; 1.92km.

Good luck trying that in this video game. It'd take you about 5 mags to get that shot.

I have yet to see any of the better weapons of the DLC.. I'd suspect they are low percentage for spawning being new and all they want you to do the loot dance for a long time before getting new things.

Anyone notice that proning and deploying a bi-pod sinks you into the ground?

Also wish they never changed the SOS scope.  The new one's recticle is not to my liking.  

Good luck trying that in this video game. It'd take you about 5 mags to get that shot.

Well the shooter did only hit the target with two of twelve shots. The first round you see in the video that strikes the target hit the ground in front and then ricocheted into the target. Still, some damn fine shooting. So one in twelve, in reality.